Sponsored

Help! Caught Between a Cactus and a Hard Place!

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between two cactus and a hard place to be more specific. Not a very comfortable place to be in. I’m conflicted about the revised cactus gray we now see in build & price. I’ve been solidly into cactus gray since July 17. But now, 10 days from finalizing my order at Akins Ford in Winder Georgia, I’m trying to get a real world picture of a bronco in this new camo gray before committing to it. This variation of a cactus gray currently portrayed on B&P is not what is on the gas cans or on a video of a bronco sport I recently watched. Anyone got a clue? ....what to do 🧐😜
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
....what to do
Don't make a decision based upon a rendered cartoon. There are TONs of pics of actual cactus grey colors on actual vehicles. Go to your local Ford dealer and ask to see either a Bronco Sport, Ranger, or F150 in cactus grey. They have them on the lot.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Renderings like B&P have always been bad at portraying true colors of vehicles, especially on colors that tend to shift like CG. Wouldn’t put any stock in it and focus on the actual pictures of really vehicles.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go down to your local Ford dealer and look at it on a Ranger or Sport or Mustang...

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The online color does not match what the real color looks like. Here is pic I came across a while back and looks pretty damn good.

73AC3720-5E10-4C79-86E6-7E321D62CAD6.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatchinoverland
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. I will be doing that soon. I just find it odd that the original color is closer to real life than the one they changed it to recently. 🤪

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. I will be doing that soon. I just find it odd that the original color is closer to real life than the one they changed it to recently. 🤪
it is and it isn’t..... my wife and I went round and round about a Ranger that came into the lot. In the sun it looked like the new rendering, in cloudy weather it looks like the old one....

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And make sure when you are looking at the vehicle that you are doing so in different lighting conditions and at different angles. Then prepare for the Carbonero Effect. o_O

OP
OP
Squatchinoverland
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it is and it isn’t..... my wife and I went round and round about a Ranger that came into the lot. In the sun it looked like the new rendering, in cloudy weather it looks like the old one....
Can’t wait now to get to a dealership and see one!

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Between two cactus and a hard place to be more specific. Not a very comfortable place to be in. I’m conflicted about the revised cactus gray we now see in build & price. I’ve been solidly into cactus gray since July 17. But now, 10 days from finalizing my order at Akins Ford in Winder Georgia, I’m trying to get a real world picture of a bronco in this new camo gray before committing to it. This variation of a cactus gray currently portrayed on B&P is not what is on the gas cans or on a video of a bronco sport I recently watched. Anyone got a clue? ....what to do 🧐😜
Go see it in person. I like the fact that cactus gray looks different all the time. It’s an awesome color that is not fully represented on the Bronco B&P.

BD658100-B5B5-4A45-AB7C-EC5C4A2D6BB0.jpeg

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does it matter what it los like in a rendering? Really that's driving the decision?

They didn't change the actual color they just changed the rendering.

We can all debate how accurate the rendering is or isn't but that won't change what it looks like in the real world.

No number of photos in different light conditions will either.

Go to a dealer and look at a ranger or bronco sport in cactus then make your decision.

Personal I think it looks great in person and has just a hint of green to it. I'm getting A51 but Cactus doesn't disappoint in my opinion.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have seen a couple Bronco Sports at a local deal here in Miami. For what it's worth, I like it a lot more than Area 51 which I used to love. In person A51 is kinda bland to me. CG is more unique and is fairly subdued. There is a slight green tint which looks good. It's there, but not too much. You should go ta local dealer, good chance you'll see one too because there are a lot of Sports around.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Volumes 1 through 12 of opinions on cactus grey are here somewhere.....bottom line is you need to go see it

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the past three days I’ve seen a Mini Cooper, Subaru and a new Volvo on the road ALL with a color similar to Cactus Grey. My wife and I were on the fence CG or Oxford White and went with white yesterday.

B3FEB0D2-E7D9-4D41-AD4E-9BC212D16D79.jpeg
Sponsored