First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm between a 4dr OB and BL. We are buying a Bronco as a fun 2nd car for the family. A truck we can take the roof and doors off in summertime. We live in CT and won't do any off-roading (aside from driving on the beach a few times per summer).

Originally I reserved an OB - as the trim level seems most appropriate our intended use case. That said - we've been eyeing the BL w/ MT because we'd both love to have MT (and the BL looks cooler...). But given my stated use case above - I'm worried that the beefier suspension on the BL is going to make for a worse ride as a daily driver.

Realizing this is rather subjective, I'm curious if anyone has strong opinions / comps on how much quality of ride changes by adding the beefier suspension on the BL (as compared to the OB).
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm coming from a Focus RS as a daily driver, so I am welcoming the suspension of the BL. The RS pogoed like crazy and this will feel quite nice in comparison.

Reactions: bcd

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. I live outside of Boston and have a cottage in NH. I'll be doing a trail here and there, but when it comes down to it, it's a daily driver for me. The Badlands is listed as "Extreme Off-Roading" I have done about 100 Builds and it comes down to the OBX and Badlands every time. I'd rather spend the money for a little more creature comforts, highway drivability and cargo for summer road trips. That's what all the builds have me coming back to.

When I started the process, I was all in for a manual 2DR Black Diamond, but unfortunately your limited in your interior upgrades.

Good luck, I know I'll build 100 more times before I submit my order.

BroncoSong

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m all over the place. Owned trucks and jeeps in the past but I’m in a Volvo right now - still excited about going back to a more rugged truck but am trying to figure out suspension (ride quality) difference between OBX and BL. I like the look of BL better but also have to drive this daily and do school drop off etc
Sponsored