Outer Banks
I’m looking for advice on building OBX..here’s what I’m starting with:
4 door
2.3L
Non-Sasquatch (see below)
Soft Top
High Package
Modular bumper/Brush guard

I will be adding a 2” lift + 35’s rather than paying for Sasquatch. My question is which 4x4 and which drive ratio should I select? Bronco will be 90% pavement and daily commuter rather than off-road beater.
Also, what is the preferred lift to use and will driving be compromised and less smooth as result?

Other option is to just go straight with Sasquatch
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 door
2.3L
Soft Top
High Package

I will be adding a 2” lift + 35’s rather than paying for Sasquatch. My question is which 4x4 and which drive ratio should I select? Bronco will be 90% pavement and daily commuter rather than off-road beater.
Also, what is the preferred lift to use and will driving be compromised and less smooth as result?

I ordered a non-sas OBX and will likely run something slightly larger than the stock tires. Chose the rear locker option with a (4.27?) ratio. I also don’t have hardcore off-road needs so paying for a Sasquatch hardware seemed like a waste for me.

You’ll find no shortage of people offering to spend your money here. If it’s in your budget I could see why someone would spring for Sasquatch off the bat too. You’d be paying for just-in-case capability.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Add the rear locker (4.27), high package and the aux switches and maybe the tow. Most else is easy to add later but these items take a lot of money to upgrade. Just my opinion and how I got my OBX.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered mine with EVERYTHING but Sasquatch.

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Add the rear locker (4.27), high package and the aux switches and maybe the tow. Most else is easy to add later but these items take a lot of money to upgrade. Just my opinion and how I got my OBX.
What all are the Aux switches used for? I will not be adding any additional lights to front

Sponsored

Roundabout

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What all are the Aux switches used for? I will not be adding any additional lights to front
My OBX is pretty close to your proposed build. When you order the mod bumper you lose fog/running lights, which is one of the reasons I went with the aux switches. Plus they seem like a good value with the way evreything is pre-wired (though if you only add fog lights you could always install a single switch) I also went with the rear locker since I do on rare occasions go off road. I'm also going to go from the factory 32s to a 33 tire. For me the 35s would be overkill plus really liking the smooth ride it gives me right now; I don't want to stray too far from it.

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did an OBX with everything except Sasquatch. Will add more aggressive tires before I drive it off the lot. You may not have plans for the aux switches now but really difficult to add later. Best $195 option there is!

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are pre-run wires to key places in the vehicle that can be controlled by the switches. Lights, winch, air compressor, a fridge in the rear or so many things. For the price it was a no brainer for me.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4 door
2.3L
Soft Top
High Package

if youve already decided on a 2" lift and 35" tires I dont know why you wouldnt want to go ahead and get the Sasquatch package now.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are a LOT of threads/topics relating to gearing and final drive ratio here on these forums. You certainly aren't the first person to ask this question about (insert any trim level here).

Do some good ol' fashion searching on Bronco6g and fill the noggin' with that knowledge juice.
Sponsored