broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That amp has serious power, I have the DSP version. Have you done any tuning of the amp other than maxing out the gains? With as much power as it has for the sub channel (and all the channels), you shouldn't need to have the gain way up. Are you using the channel summing to make sure you get a full signal to the sub? Can you post a picture of your amp settings?

Do you know how the PNP has the front speakers connected? You have (2) 4 ohm speakers on each channel, so I am guessing it is setup in parallel with an overall resistance of 2 ohms. Your rear channels are 4 ohm speakers. It might not like that as it is effectively a 4 channel + 1 channel amp.
This are my amp settings, I lowered the sub gain a bit.

image.jpg
Sponsored

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This are my amp settings, I lowered the sub gain a bi
Try this:
1/2 - 3/4 bus sum to sum
Crossover type on 3/4 to high pass
Crossover on 3/4 high pass frequency to around 100Hz
Disable accubass (for now)
Channel 5 crossover to around 80Hz
Channel 5 gain down (for now)

Last edited:
OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try this:
1/2 - 3/4 bus sum to sum
Crossover type on 3/4 to high pass
Crossover on 3/4 high pass frequency to around 100Hz
Disable accubass (for now)
Channel 5 crossover to around 80Hz
Channel 5 gain down (for now)
Wow, I changed the 1/2 - 3/4 to sum and the bass is now insane, before I never thought the Stinger sub did much, not it definitely does. What exactly did that do?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you mentioned about the subwoofer might be a good lead. I have the gain on that cranked up to the absolute max, the amp has some lights that indicate when a channel is distorted and it never turned on for the sub so I maxed it, maybe I should lower it?
If a gain is set at max then the setup is incorrect. Also remember that any "Bass Boost" on the amp or from the head unit is effectively a gain also. What are you using for the signal input from the radio ? It's easy to overdrive an amplifier with too much gain which leaves no headroom (power in reserve) for low or extended bass notes.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, I changed the 1/2 - 3/4 to sum and the bass is now insane, before I never thought the Stinger sub did much, not it definitely does. What exactly did that do?
Before you were pulling the sub signal from your 3/4 channel which are the rear speakers. The rear speaker output from the head unit has a factory high pass filter that doesn't allow any sub frequencies through. So you were getting no bass to the sub. Now you are summing the front and rear and then feeding that full range signal to the sub. Now you are getting the right frequencies to the sub. Adjust your gains and levels and enjoy!

Sponsored
OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before you were pulling the sub signal from your 3/4 channel which are the rear speakers. The rear speaker output from the head unit has a factory high pass filter that doesn't allow any sub frequencies through. So you were getting no bass to the sub. Now you are summing the front and rear and then feeding that full range signal to the sub. Now you are getting the right frequencies to the sub. Adjust your gains and levels and enjoy!
Quick question, when I adjust my gains, should I set the equalizer on the bronco to everything flat?

Thank you, you've been a massive help!

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question, when I adjust my gains, should I set the equalizer on the bronco to everything flat?

Thank you, you've been a massive help!
Yes, set everything flat on the head unit EQ. Set your amp levels and gains. Then you can always use the head unit as a master EQ if you want to tweak further. If you don't have one, get the ACR-1 (I think that is the one that goes with your amp) to use as a sub level control.

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, set everything flat on the head unit EQ. Set your amp levels and gains. Then you can always use the head unit as a master EQ if you want to tweak further. If you don't have one, get the ACR-1 (I think that is the one that goes with your amp) to use as a sub level control.
One more question that I can't figure out. You mentioned to set the crossover on 3/4 to high pass around 100hz. Why that number in specific? From what I understood, the rear already gets filtered out where only 300hz and up are sent, so wouldn't the 100hz not do anything, and if anything it should be 300hz, since anything less is not coming through? But I'm a rookie at this, so I'm probably missing something obvious

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more question that I can't figure out. You mentioned to set the crossover on 3/4 to high pass around 100hz. Why that number in specific? From what I understood, the rear already gets filtered out where only 300hz and up are sent, so wouldn't the 100hz not do anything, and if anything it should be 300hz, since anything less is not coming through? But I'm a rookie at this, so I'm probably missing something obvious
You are now sending a full signal to the rears from your front channels. So the built in high pass filter for the rear channels is no longer happening. Same reason why your sub works now, full range signal to all your speakers.
Sponsored