Help me find a part for my OEM rack please

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Putting my rack back on after the weather cooled down, part of it snapped in two. I have looked and it seems you can only get the entire rail, for a ridiculous amount, as much as an entire rack. I can't find just the part I need, or a part number.

It is the very front part that attaches to the two bolts on the windshield. You can remove it with a screw, I just need the end part.

Ford Bronco Help me find a part for my OEM rack please 20231106_135106

Ford Bronco Help me find a part for my OEM rack please 20231106_135358

2021 Bronco Roof Rack Diagram Parts Numbers.jpg
Sponsored

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a similar issue. I snapped of the cover at the back where the rack clamps to the hardtop. Same problem, one $20 piece of plastic isn’t available unless you buy the whole rail at which point, you might as well buy another roof rack.

Following for any suggestions from the Ford Gurus out there..

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... not what you wanted to hear... but I just looked in the internal parts system and confirmed that you cannot order JUST the plastic piece in the front. You have to order the entire side rail, and to be honest it's almost cheaper just to order an entirely new roof rack.

Warranty claim may be an option if you ordered the roof rack from the factory. If not... the official roof rack has leaked from the factory in China and can be regularly ordered online from Amazon and eBay—may be able to find something on there for substantially cheaper.

Or... it may just be a good time to replace the factory roof rack given the holiday sales. I personally ordered the roof rack from the factory and was so disappointed in the quality (or lack thereof) that I sold it and bought a rack from the guys over at @TrailRax (link).

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you try using marinetec, I have used it to repair brackets, etc,etc. One guy at the marina used it to put his lower unit back after he hit something.
At best it will work, worst case you are out 20 dollars.
The stuff is amazing.
Rough up the inside of the piece, apply generously clamp together.

Wait. And then sand and paint. It's drillable
Good luck

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the next time I have my rack off, I'm going to fill that honeycomb underside with some JB weld or something.....sounds like that peice is the weakest part.

Sponsored

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well... not what you wanted to hear... but I just looked in the internal parts system and confirmed that you cannot order JUST the plastic piece in the front. You have to order the entire side rail, and to be honest it's almost cheaper just to order an entirely new roof rack.

Warranty claim may be an option if you ordered the roof rack from the factory. If not... the official roof rack has leaked from the factory in China and can be regularly ordered online from Amazon and eBay—may be able to find something on there for substantially cheaper.

Or... it may just be a good time to replace the factory roof rack given the holiday sales. I personally ordered the roof rack from the factory and was so disappointed in the quality (or lack thereof) that I sold it and bought a rack from the guys over at @TrailRax (link).
Thanks for the info - appreciate you guys that can look into the “Ford System” and see what’s going on. I will look at the aftermarket options. Just out of curiosity, how’s the wind noise on the trailrax? I certainly not trying to make the Bronco any noisier 😂

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you try using marinetec, I have used it to repair brackets, etc,etc. One guy at the marina used it to put his lower unit back after he hit something.
At best it will work, worst case you are out 20 dollars.
The stuff is amazing.
Rough up the inside of the piece, apply generously clamp together.

Wait. And then sand and paint. It's drillable
Good luck
Thanks man, I will give that a try…

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let us know how it works out.
Is this the stuff you mentioned above? Found it on Amazon and want to 2x check before adding it to the cart.
thanks!

IMG_6932.png

Sponsored

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Perfect, thanks! Will let you know how it goes

OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Rack came with the Bronco, I have yet to actually use it. I just like how it looks, but was going to put Christmas lights on it like I did last year. I have thought about getting an aftermarket rack, 2 door limits my choices sadly.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.
Sponsored