Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok guys,

First off, for the most part, I love everything I'm seeing on the ford website, and think that the Bronco team at Ford did a wonderful job with the design...

But, I'm kinda sad, because reasons:

1. I wanted the 2.7 with the manual. Without the v8 as an option, I took it for granted that this would be a no brainer, and this not being possible is super sad.

2. I'm a Ford account holder, stock owner, and signed up for both the snail mail & internet updates on the bronco multiple times and multiple months ago. I have received zero email or snail mail updates, and was low key jealous with some of y'all receiving the sticker mailers. To make it worse, tonight I couldn't even reserve a spot in line when trying to make a reservation. I feel like this is quasi-unacceptable.

3. I was hoping for lower prices, but expected and was prepared for the worst. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I could get the base model with the big motor, albeit with an automatic transmission, and add the sasquatch package. This is basically everything I ever wanted, but without having any idea of the cost, I have no idea if adding these options prices me into a higher trim level, or outta the game altogether. This is all pointless because I couldn't reserve one anyway.

4. The "commercials" were cool, but I expected more info from what was supposed to be a "reveal". I personally felt like tonight's whole thing was more like an elongated teaser than hard information. Where were the engineers and Bronco team members showing how the doors and tops come off and pouring over all the thoughtful features?

5. Colors. Where is the grabber blue, greens, browns? (This is a minor gripe. I like a few of the color options well enough.)

6. Maybe I'm overreacting but I feel like all the buildup kinda led to a personal letdown. I went into tonight thinking I'd have a reservation already and now I'm wondering if I'll even be a first model year buyer...

I know there's a ton more info coming, and it's still almost a year before I can play with one at a dealership, but I'm still frustrated about it. Talk me off the ledge guys, or at least tell me about your positive experiences.

Thanks, and sorry for the long-winded whiny rant, I'm full of pineapple pizza, and I've been drinking...
Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok guys,

First off, for the most part, I love everything I'm seeing on the ford website, and think that the Bronco team at Ford did a wonderful job with the design...

But, I'm kinda sad, because reasons:

1. I wanted the 2.7 with the manual. Without the v8 as an option, I took it for granted that this would be a no brainer, and this not being possible is super sad.

2. I'm a Ford account holder, stock owner, and signed up for both the snail mail & internet updates on the bronco multiple times and multiple months ago. I have received zero email or snail mail updates, and was low key jealous with some of y'all receiving the sticker mailers. To make it worse, tonight I couldn't even reserve a spot in line when trying to make a reservation. I feel like this is quasi-unacceptable.

3. I was hoping for lower prices, but expected and was prepared for the worst. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that I could get the base model with the big motor, albeit with an automatic transmission, and add the sasquatch package. This is basically everything I ever wanted, but without having any idea of the cost, I have no idea if adding these options prices me into a higher trim level, or outta the game altogether. This is all pointless because I couldn't reserve one anyway.

4. The "commercials" were cool, but I expected more info from what was supposed to be a "reveal". I personally felt like tonight's whole thing was more like an elongated teaser than hard information. Where were the engineers and Bronco team members showing how the doors and tops come off and pouring over all the thoughtful features?

5. Colors. Where is the grabber blue, greens, browns? (This is a minor gripe. I like a few of the color options well enough.)

6. Maybe I'm overreacting but I feel like all the buildup kinda led to a personal letdown. I went into tonight thinking I'd have a reservation already and now I'm wondering if I'll even be a first model year buyer...

I know there's a ton more info coming, and it's still almost a year before I can play with one at a dealership, but I'm still frustrated about it. Talk me off the ledge guys, or at least tell me about your positive experiences.

Thanks, and sorry for the long-winded whiny rant, I'm full of pineapple pizza, and I've been drinking...
I just want someone to confirm that I can change everything about it. From 2-door to 4-door. Badlands to black diamond. I know you probably can, but have to decide all that so quick was annoying. Iā€™m sure their just trying to guage interest, but put a better FAQ on there.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We're all in this together!

Took me a couple hours trying but my reservation when through and my brother's went through on his first attempt much later in the evening so I imagine if you tried again you'd have much better results.

I was also disappointed with not being able to get the 2.7 with a manual but I'm already over it because of how awesome this thing is! I'm hopeful that maybe a future model year will have different engine/trans combos.

Also I'm with you on not receiving any of the cool stickers from Ford and I am also a shareholder and signed up for updates ages ago but truth be told I probably didn't select physical mail when I signed up.

We will get more info on package pricing before orders are finalized and maybe we'll luck out and they'll throw in the grabber colors!

OP
OP
The Compensator

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks Randy92Fox , i needed to hear that.

I'm super stoked that y'all were able to get y'alls reservations to go through! Your totally right about how badass this thing is, and I'll try and get through again at some point.

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not a no-brainer that the 2.7L would offer a manual. It was 99.99% chance never going to happen. The manual only exists to check off a box of required things that people will gripe about if it doesn't exist, and to get the advertised base price down. It's already borderline more trouble than it's worth to engineer a manual trans for the Bronco. The 2.7L makes way more torque than the 2.3L, so it's either going to need two manual transmissions available or one single beefcake overkill unit to work for both. That's not even factoring in making all those options physically fit into the Bronco. The layout of the interior is different with the manual, requiring more tooling at the factory.

I'm surprised and relieved that the manual is the base, standard transmission. I was prepared for it to be an at-cost option, or locked behind high trim levels.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it was never even a twinkle in Ford's eye to slap a manual on the 2.7L.

Sounds like whiny entitlement to be sad about not getting trash sent to you in the mail. The reservation hiccup is unfortunate, but even if you reserve one a day after they open you're going to have one of the first ones built and you'll have the first one everyone in your town is going to see. Unless you had your heart set on the First edition one then it doesn't matter in the grand scheme.

I was hoping they'd have a full online configuration tool up, or at least all the prices of the packages and options once they started taking deposits, but it's a refundable deposit and we're many months away from placing orders, so you can just make a deposit and back out later if you're "priced out of the game." The 2.3L is more power than the Bronco will ever need, so you shouldn't feel like you can't get the Bronco if you can't afford the 2.7L.

The event got delayed multiple times, and with the Coronavirus mucking about it's entirely possible they wanted a "better" reveal but got screwed over a bunch and just needed to get it out the door already.

Colors are a bit disappointing. I don't know why we need 4 shades of grey. I was hoping Area 51 would be a gnarly green. Having some colors trim locked is lame. At least on the base trim you can get the two nice looking blues instead of just black and white.

I'm the opposite. I was getting semi-hyped, but starting trying to ground myself. Hearing a base Bronco was going to be $33-34k, plus tax, plus destination, plus base trim probably being poverty spec to keep the price down. I was expecting $40k+ for what I'd want. Now I'm seeing the base is $30k with destination. Has basic shit I want like a hard top and air conditioning (unlike in the Wrangler). Only option I was maybe thinking of pre-reveal was a suspension package, and boom we got the Sasquatch package. If it's reasonably priced then it's better than I could have wished for.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just want someone to confirm that I can change everything about it. From 2-door to 4-door. Badlands to black diamond. I know you probably can, but have to decide all that so quick was annoying. Iā€™m sure their just trying to guage interest, but put a better FAQ on there.
As far as I understand, and after asking Mach E reservation holders, reserving one is literally just holding a place in line, and you order at a later date, where you can change options, trims, etc. if you want - again, as far as I understand, the only limitation would be that with First Edition models all reserved, you wouldn't be able to switch to that. Otherwise, I believe you can change whatever you want when you go to order. I, for example, reserved a Wildtrak, but realize I could wind up with a different trim once we get more info on option packages, pricing, etc.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As far as I understand, and after asking Mach E reservation holders, reserving one is literally just holding a place in line, and you order at a later date, where you can change options, trims, etc. if you want - again, as far as I understand, the only limitation would be that with First Edition models all reserved, you wouldn't be able to switch to that. Otherwise, I believe you can change whatever you want when you go to order. I, for example, reserved a Wildtrak, but realize I could wind up with a different trim once we get more info on option packages, pricing, etc.
I ended up doing a 2-door and 4-door reservation. This whole time I wanted a 2-door, and it still looks good, but gotta make sure I cN fit my stuff in there. Looks a little tight. Anyway still not sure, need better photos or walkaround video, or better yet autoshow with social distancing.

I donā€™t need two broncos, so if I can have one reservation and be undecided, Iā€™d like to get my extra hundred back.?

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ended up doing a 2-door and 4-door reservation. This whole time I wanted a 2-door, and it still looks good, but gotta make sure I cN fit my stuff in there. Looks a little tight. Anyway still not sure, need better photos or walkaround video, or better yet autoshow with social distancing.
My brother and I were talking about it - aside from the impracticality of the 2-door, we both agreed it looks fantastic - very well proportioned and detailed.....much better looking than the 2 door Wrangler.
Sponsored