Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Land Rover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I need some help trying to make sure I made the right call here. Basically talking out loud and getting some outside opinions.

So I just called Granger and told them I was going to take a MY22 Bronco. The main reason for my decision is the white top, which for me is a must. I would have no problem either painting or wrapping it but from what I've read here, it sounds like there may be issues with that based off the material of the top.

I don't believe there is anything in my build that would be late availability either (2dr, BL, A51, 2.3I, Manual, Mid/High) that would slide my delivery late from MY21 except for the top issues. Like many of you, I've been waiting for the Bronco for years and I don't want to wait any longer. On the other hand, I want it to be perfect so is a 6 month(ish) delay a big deal?

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would wait. You've been waiting this long so what's a few more months? This way you get exactly what you want without second guessing yourself later.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I need some help trying to make sure I made the right call here. Basically talking out loud and getting some outside opinions.

So I just called Granger and told them I was going to take a MY22 Bronco. The main reason for my decision is the white top, which for me is a must. I would have no problem either painting or wrapping it but from what I've read here, it sounds like there may be issues with that based off the material of the top.

I don't believe there is anything in my build that would be late availability either (2dr, BL, A51, 2.3I, Manual, Mid/High) that would slide my delivery late from MY21 except for the top issues. Like many of you, I've been waiting for the Bronco for years and I don't want to wait any longer. On the other hand, I want it to be perfect so is a 6 month(ish) a big deal?

What do you guys think?
Hold out for the White Top in MY22.

It sucks to wait now, especially considering how long you've already been waiting... but in the big scheme of things, this extra wait for a MY22 is *nothing*... like, maybe 6 months depending on timestamps? That's going to fly by.

Imagine your Bronco got delivered tomorrow with a white top. What would ultimately make you happier.... getting it tomorrow with the white top... or having it since last October but it has a black top?

For me, in a year or two, I would happily trade 6 months for the vehicle I actually want.

....and that's why I'm ordering exactly my dream build and not even worrying about whether any of the options is going to delay me.... because in reality, that's just how long it's going to take to get what I want.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't believe there is anything in my build that would be late availability either (2dr, BL, A51, 2.3I, Manual, Mid/High) that would slide my delivery late from MY21 except for the top issues. Like many of you, I've been waiting for the Bronco for years and I don't want to wait any longer. On the other hand, I want it to be perfect so is a 6 month(ish) a big deal?

What do you guys think?
O would order the MY21 with the Mod top and wrap it. The issues I have heard with the wrap are all tied to the MIC. Who's to say that MY22 won't be available until mid to late 22? Just my 2 cents but I'm also tired of waiting and I ordered exactly what I wanted so that does skew my opinion somewhat.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the long run you will be happier that you waited. I believe there are many advantages to waiting for the MY22 models unless you just can't stand to wait.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the white tops are going to look horrible!

Yeah, I said it. My quintessential Bronco was owned by a man who lived down the street from me when I was growing up and he kept it mint until he died; red with a white top. I just don't think that look will be recaptured in the 6G.

Even though you may be ahead of me in line, don't wait over a white top.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait for the top you want. Wrapping the top of a vehicle that is designed to be taken off/beat up offroad is not a good solution IMO. Maybe if Ford said they’ll never make a white top I’d wrap it, but you know it’s coming. Wait the extra few months and get the spec that really blows your doors off

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm in the same '22 boat waiting for the white top. I was an early reservation and fell within the '21 allocation. Thought long about the black mod top and painting or wrapping and I guess it depends on what you were quoted but the cost involved over the $1895 just didn't make sense when I can hopefully get factory at the same cost a few months later. Hopefully they'll be available at the beginning of '22 build with no delays!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hasn't kept the promises they made for this year, what makes you think they will do what the promised next year? For all you know the white tops will be late availability 2022 and then delayed again, maybe it is a two year wait, or three, or five years from never that they make them. Case in point, ManSquatch, seems like all they need to do is add a spacer and some wheels/tires, but not until sometime next year. Why not now? Some people seem to think that all these promised items will be available next January. That is not going to happen for all the stuff. You can get what you can get in the next year or keep waiting for what was promised. Just pointing out that we were promised flying cars for everyone in five years, back in the 1960's and every year since then.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford hasn't kept the promises they made for this year, what makes you think they will do what the promised next year? For all you know the white tops will be late availability 2022 and then delayed again, maybe it is a two year wait, or three, or five years from never that they make them. Case in point, ManSquatch, seems like all they need to do is add a spacer and some wheels/tires, but not until sometime next year. Why not now? Some people seem to think that all these promised items will be available next January. That is not going to happen for all the stuff. You can get what you can get in the next year or keep waiting for what was promised. Just pointing out that we were promised flying cars for everyone in five years, back in the 1960's and every year since then.
Ford Bronco Help Me giphy - 2021-03-12T154053.290

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would wait. You've been waiting this long so what's a few more months? This way you get exactly what you want without second guessing yourself later.
Ben, that's the exact advise I was going to give you. Hang tight, and get it the way you want it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wait, white top for me as well. In two years you will enjoy your white top more than thinking back that you had to wait an extra six months.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The main reason for my decision is the white top, which for me is a must.
That says it right there. You said must, not really want or nice to have. I say wait. Besides, depending on your timestamp, your wait may not be that long from when you would have gotten a '21 to when you would get your '22.

I have some constrained items in my build. If I get an estimated build of November or December (I hope not!) I'll probably punt to '22. I'm a Day 1 reservation, so hoping for August build, so I can get some fun out of it before winter hits. Don't be saying for years down the road, "Man, I wish I had just waited a little bit for what I really wanted."
Sponsored