First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a base Bronco with the standard suspension and want to swap it with a set of sasquatch bilstein shocks and springs. I found a new set of take offs from an outerbanks sasqautch model but its just all four shocks and springs no upper control arms or rear trailing arms/links (not sure what they are called). My question is....Are the UCA's and rear trailing arms the same on the base suspension system as the ones that came on the sasquatch models? Can you resuse the base UCA's when swapping out the shocks and springs from a sasquatch suspension? will the geometry and suspension angles be the correct and within spec?
Sponsored

AMCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUR RON
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are the same. you can use your old UCAs and trailing arms. I think, If you add 2 inches or more of lift on top of SAS then new UCAs and trailing arms are required. Don't worry, go do the install.

I did this same upgrade a few months ago. Came out great. Make sure you get your alignment done after.

Last edited:

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im currently looking for some take offs and asked the same questions.. Theyre not any different and dont need upgraded untill you get over a certain amount of lift. I believe AMC above is correct on 2+.

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco base SAS 4 door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im currently looking for some take offs and asked the same questions.. Theyre not any different and dont need upgraded untill you get over a certain amount of lift. I believe AMC above is correct on 2+.
Check out my items for sale, have everything you need to do a Sasquatch swap including wheels and tires

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Check out my items for sale, have everything you need to do a Sasquatch swap including wheels and tires
Ive seen that post.. Trying to find something close (within 3-4hr drive) to avoid shipping costs. Im in NW Louisiana.

Sponsored

AntiMatterSAS

Base
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco base SAS 4 door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ive seen that post.. Trying to find something close (within 3-4hr drive) to avoid shipping costs. Im in NW Louisiana.
Yeah that's a pretty decent drive LOL if you change your mind I got everything you need to do the swap here in Orlando and a shop that I can highly recommend to do the swap. 407 Dyno Pro did my fox 2.5 Elites and other suspension mods. Wish you best of luck building your rig!

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah that's a pretty decent drive LOL if you change your mind I got everything you need to do the swap here in Orlando and a shop that I can highly recommend to do the swap. 407 Dyno Pro did my fox 2.5 Elites and other suspension mods. Wish you best of luck building your rig!
Thanks! Im a service writer for a european repair shop and have access to lifts after hours. My and one of my techs are gonna do it whenever I find a set.

CptSamFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Kawasaki KLX300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What did yours come off of and how much did it change?
Besides the obvious lift the actual suspension performance was noticeable better. Damping was markedly improved. I believe the one I got mine from was an Outer Banks. I just made sure it was a 4 door with the 2.7.

I did also add a leveling kit in the front.

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Besides the obvious lift the actual suspension performance was noticeable better. Damping was markedly improved. I believe the one I got mine from was an Outer Banks. I just made sure it was a 4 door with the 2.7.

I did also add a leveling kit in the front.
How much lift did you get? I have a 2dr BD with 2.3 and tow. Ive read that depending on spring rates the amount of lift can vary.

OP
OP
pizzy

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a base Bronco with the standard suspension and want to swap it with a set of sasquatch bilstein shocks and springs. I found a new set of take offs from an outerbanks sasqautch model but its just all four shocks and springs no upper control arms or rear trailing arms/links (not sure what they are called). My question is....Are the UCA's and rear trailing arms the same on the base suspension system as the ones that came on the sasquatch models? Can you resuse the base UCA's when swapping out the shocks and springs from a sasquatch suspension? will the geometry and suspension angles be the correct and within spec?

OP
OP
pizzy

pizzy

Base
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok great so I can reuse my old uca. I’ll pull the trigger and move ahead with my plans. By chance does anyone know how much higher it will sit going from base shocks and springs to the Sasquatch units and if I want the bronco to sit level what size level kit is needed and what’s the general recommendation on brand and type of lift.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did only struts and springs on my black diamond and have had no issues.
Contemplating something similar for my BD. Did you go to SAS or non SAS Bilsteins?

I am currently on 33" KO2s with BL rims, and don't have plans for 35s ever, just want to get that tank a few more inches off the ground. Thinking about non SAS BL takeoffs because the weel wells will probably look weirdly empty with the SAS lift but only 33s.

Lastly, ballpark how much is the labor cost to do a 4 wheel coilover swap. I read somewhere that it is around 3 hours, so $400-$500. Seeing BL takeoffs for $400 so around a grand all in?
Sponsored