Sponsored

Base Bronco lifting it with Sasquatch shocks?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am going to the route of throwing Badlands (non SAS) take offs onto my Black Diamond.

The only thing with the base you want to be a little more concerned with is the gearing ratios and actually turning the 35s. Basically your Bronco is just going to be working harder to turn the heavier wheels then an SAS would.

Outside of the coil overs everything else as far as control arms, trailing arms etc are identical between all models (minus the badlands with disconnecting swaybars).

All in all getting some lighly used Bilstien take offs is a super economical way to get a lift as well as an enhanced ride offroad. I got mine for $500 just for reference.
Do you have a before/after of your BD on stock struts vs the Badlands? This is an upgrade I am considering. Torn between BL/Sasq/Ford Performance Coilovers
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have a before/after of your BD on stock struts vs the Badlands? This is an upgrade I am considering. Torn between BL/Sasq/Ford Performance Coilovers
They are actively sitting in my gym until I have time to put them on. Should be in the next few weeks.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

im going to do 33$ because I think 35 are overkill for me because I don’t do any crazy off roading, just minor.
Yeah I am going to leave my 33s on until I run down the treads. Can't really justify swapping over and tossing tires with 4k miles on them. Will go to 35s later.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the price, the takeoff Bilsteins are the best bang for the buck. The Hitachis are just serviceable. While waiting on the aftermarket, I immediately installed Badlands Bilsteins on my BD on 33s. It was a great setup and all you'd ever need if 33s are your ultimate goal. I knew I was going bigger and swapped mine out for Icons and 35s and eventually 37s. My takeoff Badlands Bilsteins are soon to go into another members BD.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the price, the takeoff Bilsteins are the best bang for the buck. The Hitachis are just serviceable. While waiting on the aftermarket, I immediately installed Badlands Bilsteins on my BD on 33s. It was a great setup and all you'd ever need if 33s are your ultimate goal. I knew I was going bigger and swapped mine out for Icons and 35s and eventually 37s. My takeoff Badlands Bilsteins are soon to go into another members BD.
Not to hijack The thread - I already have BL 33s on mine. Could go 35s later but not any time soon. Right now I'm just wondering if standard BL Bilsteins will be enough of a visual difference that I'd be happy with them. I know they'll certainly perform better.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to hijack The thread - I already have BL 33s on mine. Could go 35s later but not any time soon. Right now I'm just wondering if standard BL Bilsteins will be enough of a visual difference that I'd be happy with them. I know they'll certainly perform better.

Visually? Eh, hard to say. I did end up with around 0.9 inch lift with them after they fully settled. Performance was much better than the Hitachis so that's what I was most interested in. You can see pictures on my build with the BL coilovers in and 33s.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So was there ever a point where you had the badlands bilstiens and 35's? Or did you just go straight to icons at that point?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So was there ever a point where you had the badlands bilstiens and 35's? Or did you just go straight to icons at that point?
No, I did the Icons when I still had 33s.

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 Z51 Corvette, 2023 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am going to the route of throwing Badlands (non SAS) take offs onto my Black Diamond.

The only thing with the base you want to be a little more concerned with is the gearing ratios and actually turning the 35s. Basically your Bronco is just going to be working harder to turn the heavier wheels then an SAS would.

Outside of the coil overs everything else as far as control arms, trailing arms etc are identical between all models (minus the badlands with disconnecting swaybars).

All in all getting some lighly used Bilstien take offs is a super economical way to get a lift as well as an enhanced ride offroad. I got mine for $500 just for reference.
Hello Rspayde. I know this is an older post but you made a statement about that all of the suspension parts are identical across all of the models, minus shock type, spring rate and the sway bar disconnect. I have a’23 WILDTRAK SAS. 2.7 so I would think it has a heavier spring on the front(Fox shocks). So finally to my question. If all of front suspension parts are the same, is the lift only determined by the shocks on the Wildtrak SAS? Crawled under it to look and the dif output shafts are almost horizontal when at rest. Don’t see any dif drop brackets or such. I’m new to the lifted world of the beast that is Bronco. 🤭
How much longer would shocks be from a base model non SAS to mine and does Ford use different upper “A” arms to correct geometry?
h
Hopefully ya’ll don’t block me for writing long posts. Retired with way too much free time. Wife has already threatened to take my CC away. 😁 Got my first parts order yesterday. Hood struts, mud flaps, and the gap fillers for the front flairs to the bumper. Just going to ease into it. Told the wife that $10,000.00 worth of stuff ought to cover it for a few months. 😆
Sponsored