Sponsored

Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift?

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 Z51 Corvette, 2023 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello to all.
Completely new to the off road world. Just bought the beast two weeks ago and have never owned a lifted 4WD vehicle. Mostly sports cars. Still supporting that habit with a C8 Z51. My question, as stated above, is which is the best most econ method to pursue. I'm guessing that this has been covered in the past so I apologize in advance. As of now, it would get minimal use off road. Haven't even talked to the local Bronco club here in Augusta (briefly saw them at the local Christmas parade). Talked to Rough Country yesterday and the guy told me "It's lifted from the factory and we don't have anything for a Sasquatch"? What? One of the biggest suspension companies? Been doing a lot of research and see others out there with kits for Sasquatch. Was curious how/if the suspension geometry is handled, especially for the front, if going from 1.5 to 2 or 3 or 4. Are there different upper A arms to handle those different lifts? Looks like the track bar relocator will take care of the rear. What about when lifting the rear and the rear end pivoting forward out of the center of the wheel opening? Ran across one last night on You tube that did the body lift and bumper relocation brackets. Didn't even think of a body lift!
I know that there are just as many answers as there are companies making parts, except for RC anyway.
Sorry about the long winded post. Retired and got lots of free time to type and be a pest. LOL
Carl
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any particular reason you want to lift? IMO, if you don't plan to do much off-roading or move up in tire size I'd leave it alone.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any particular reason you want to lift? IMO, if you don't plan to do much off-roading or move up in tire size I'd leave it alone.
This. The Wildtrak is the best setup Bronco out of the factory.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why lift it. 37s will fit just fine for mall crawlin' :unsure: ....and forest service roads. 😁

Last edited:

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lifting your vehicle comes down to what it is you want to do with the vehicle. The most important part is to keep the geometry and the angles correct.

That said, a Wildtrack if a SaS is already on 35's and lifted. Unless you plan to go bigger, and I mean BIGGER a lift should not be necessary. If I read correctly, you have a 2023 Wildtrack, that already comes with Fox Shocks and the Hoss 3.0 setup. It is one of the best setups in stock form as of now.

https://thebronconation.com/news/sh...ekly-12-14-23&utm_id=6260356&utm_content=lnk1

This article should help you, as many do not understand exactly how the Bronco is setup. As for your case, unless you want to go to 38's or 40's, there is no need fr a lift.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Liftednewbie

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks, Nanook. I figured that there had to be at least one person on here that gets where I'm coming from! You hit the nail right on the head! I checked my garage door opening and still have about 5" of clearance. LOL
As I had stated, not sure what made the most sense or maybe not change anything in regards to altitude. In my researching the subject, it does seem that the SAS goes up and down the road and most trails without any problem. I was more looking for some info on the mechanics of the different lift packages and processes. From what I have gathered so far, there doesn't seem to be any difference in aftermarket upper A arms, as far as geometry goes. Have not made any hasty decisions at this point. Appreciate any expert information, thoughts, experiences, and so forth.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, Nanook. I figured that there had to be at least one person on here that gets where I'm coming from! You hit the nail right on the head! I checked my garage door opening and still have about 5" of clearance. LOL
As I had stated, not sure what made the most sense or maybe not change anything in regards to altitude. In my researching the subject, it does seem that the SAS goes up and down the road and most trails without any problem. I was more looking for some info on the mechanics of the different lift packages and processes. From what I have gathered so far, there doesn't seem to be any difference in aftermarket upper A arms, as far as geometry goes. Have not made any hasty decisions at this point. Appreciate any expert information, thoughts, experiences, and so forth.
We all get where you are coming from, it's just some of us know where to go.

Two reasons to lift, looks and performance. If for performance then you need to use it off road and see if you actually need it.

If for looks, well, then, have at it.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a '21 Wildtrak. I now have a '23 Wildtrak. The '23 Wildtrak is LITERALLY 3" shorter than my '21 was, I know this because the old Bronco used to ever so slightly scrap my garage door entrance, the new one has at least 3" of space.

I agree that the ride is much better, but I didn't really want a stouter Bronco, and I've also read on the forum that it's super easy to weigh the Fox shocks down if you have 4-5 people or are carrying cargo.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Sean6365

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor, 08 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2.5" lift on top of the Wildtrak up front is a lot. Your angles are going to be trash.
I agree 100% but to each their own.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all "get where you are coming from," however, the reason so many are asking "why?'" is so we know what direction to point you in. Are your reasons:

-strictly looks
-more ground clearance
-more articulation
-increased travel
-bigger tires
-other

It is a lot more complicated than just which is the best lift. Tell us what you plan on doing with your Bronco and we can guide you in the best direction. Or be a d-bag and dismiss/ignore the community and see how far you get.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Best and most economical do not go together. Best, suspension system. Cheapest, spacer lift. Rough Country is cheap Chinese crap. My advice. Drive it as is and see what you like and don't like. The factory suspension is pretty good as is. If you decide to upgrade, Fox, Icon, King, Radflo, Camburg, Bilstein, all make quality parts.

Rough Country, that would be like modifying your C8 at Auto Zone.

OP
OP
Liftednewbie

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We all "get where you are coming from," however, the reason so many are asking "why?'" is so we know what direction to point you in. Are your reasons:

-strictly looks
-more ground clearance
-more articulation
-increased travel
-bigger tires
-other

It is a lot more complicated than just which is the best lift. Tell us what you plan on doing with your Bronco and we can guide you in the best direction. Or be a d-bag and dismiss/ignore the community and see how far you get.
No t-bag here. Oh wait, you said d-bag.....🤭. Seriously, just being a newbie to the wonderful world of lifted vehicles. At least would like to get rid of the front end rake but again just trying to get a better handle on the Bronco SAS suspension and it's capabilities. I've seen dirt once but didn't drive through it. 😉 Did I mention newbie? Gotta get with the local club and find out what they do mostly as far as offroad. I will probably have a hard time taking a $65,000.00+ vehicle and bashing on it too much.

OP
OP
Liftednewbie

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why lift it. 37s will fit just fine for mall crawlin' :unsure: ....and forest service roads. 😁
Too old for crawling around the mall and besides that is what our 4Runner Limited is for. As of now, don't know about the service roads. They are paved, correct? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored