Sponsored

Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift?

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a '21 Wildtrak. I now have a '23 Wildtrak. The '23 Wildtrak is LITERALLY 3" shorter than my '21 was, I know this because the old Bronco used to ever so slightly scrap my garage door entrance, the new one has at least 3" of space.

I agree that the ride is much better, but I didn't really want a stouter Bronco, and I've also read on the forum that it's super easy to weigh the Fox shocks down if you have 4-5 people or are carrying cargo.
this can’t be right. I have a 23 Wildtrak (obviously with the HOSS 3.0) and haven’t noticed this kind of discrepancy when near other Sasquatched Broncos. I also haven’t seen anyone else mention this. What is the overall height of your Bronco? How does that compare to the specs Ford advertises?
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the preliminary specs for the '21 here, the 4 door Wildtrak was 75.3". I couldn't find anything official from Ford on the '23 Wildtrak height, but according to Edmunds it's 71.9". If the Edmunds is correct that's 3.4" lower, which is about what I measure between my garage door entrance and the top of the truck.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m in the camp of body lift and a JKS max tire kit , good way to get into 37s. I also added a 1” front level kit to correct rake. Don’t forget to beef up your steering though. I off-road plenty and I’m just fine with the factory Bilsteins for now. And it’s still great on road, better than the lifted Broncos I’ve ridden in. If/when I go to longer travel shocks, new control arms etc, gotta budget another 2k plus for axle shafts and do some rear track bar relocation.

OP
OP
Liftednewbie

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 Z51 Corvette, 2023 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in the camp of body lift and a JKS max tire kit , good way to get into 37s. I also added a 1” front level kit to correct rake. Don’t forget to beef up your steering though. I off-road plenty and I’m just fine with the factory Bilsteins for now. And it’s still great on road, better than the lifted Broncos I’ve ridden in. If/when I go to longer travel shocks, new control arms etc, gotta budget another 2k plus for axle shafts and do some rear track bar relocation.
It sounds like I should stay with the SAS suspension for what I am/will be doing as far as offroad. The body lift is looking better.…..
Amp steps in place of the running boards.
But will you take the C8 to the track?
Funny you should mention that. My oldest son does a lot of drift events and goes to Road Atlanta quite often with his older BMW(I forget what it is). He keeps asking me when we are taking the Vette there. NOT

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the preliminary specs for the '21 here, the 4 door Wildtrak was 75.3". I couldn't find anything official from Ford on the '23 Wildtrak height, but according to Edmunds it's 71.9". If the Edmunds is correct that's 3.4" lower, which is about what I measure between my garage door entrance and the top of the truck.
Last Wildtrak have a roof rack?

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 23 Wildtrak and added 230 lbs to the front and probably 80-100lbs to the rear with the Fab Four bumper combos and assume I lost a little less than an inch in front and maybe half that in the rear. I did not want spacers on the Hoss3 so waited for a set of springs and bought these:
https://eibach.com/product/E30-35-056-01-22
Had them put in last week and so far love the ride, it definitely lifted the front and straightened out the rake. So far the ride is a hair stiffer but hardly noticeable and could add 37 easily now but will stick with the factory 35’s. They also kept everything under the factory recommendation for of 2” for steering or drivetrain modifications.

Jsb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco wildtrack, 2019 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronc buster from extreme terrain makes a 1 1/2 inch lift that fits the hoss3.0 suspension. I have it on my 2 door wildtrack with 0 offset wheels from Icon and are running 37 x12.50 BFG with no rubbing. I honestly cannot tell any difference from the factory ride.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds like a 1-1.5 inch BL would do fine for your needs and looks, also can fit 37 on it…

Sponsored
OP
OP
Liftednewbie

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 Z51 Corvette, 2023 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It sounds like a 1-1.5 inch BL would do fine for your needs and looks, also can fit 37 on it…
The SAS came with 37s from the factory. Still not quite sure why the guy from Rough Country said they didn’t have anything for it. Last time I checked they were suspension people?
Will probably go with some sort of body lift…..

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The SAS came with 37s from the factory.
Maybe from the dealer but not the factory... The 37s come on the Rapter but the largest tire on an SAS is a claimed 35 that is actually a 34....

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The SAS came with 37s from the factory. Still not quite sure why the guy from Rough Country said they didn’t have anything for it. Last time I checked they were suspension people?
Will probably go with some sort of body lift…..
I don’t want to badmouth anyone!!! But Rough country is NOT in my opinion a suspension company… Lots BETTER options out there they what they have to offer.. I’m running 37 on my SAS, but it definitely came with 35 or really 34.3 tires…

IMG_0023.jpeg
Sponsored