Sponsored

Base Bronco lifting it with Sasquatch shocks?

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi has anyone lifted a base bronco with Sasquatch suspension on 33s? I’ve seen videos of 35s. Wondering how much clearance I’ll get with the Sasquatch suspension? Any ideas?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a chart listed somewhere on the forum, try a search. If memory serves Sasquatch is 3" higher than base. A non-Sas Badlands on factory non-Sas wheels will give you an idea...Sas is only +/-3/8" taller than non-Sas Badland.

OP
OP

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a chart listed somewhere on the forum, try a search. If memory serves Sasquatch is 3" higher than base. A non-Sas Badlands on factory non-Sas wheels will give you an idea...Sas is only +/-3/8" taller than non-Sas Badland.
So your saying it would be in between the badlands model and Sasquatch model height wise?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The amount of lift you get depends on which squatch coilovers you get as they use different springs on different models. Your base will weigh a little less since you have the M190 instead of the M210, plus other things. You will get more or less the same amount of lift as any other squatch, but need to take the weight difference into the equation as well.

To answer the question though, yes, plenty of people have put squatch coilovers into every trim vehicle made that was not squatch for two years now. It will raise your vehicle 1-2 inches, depending on which you use.

Last edited:
OP
OP

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The amount of lift you get depends on which squatch coilovers you get as they use different springs on different models. Your base will weigh a little less since you have the M190 instead of the M220, plus other things. You will get more or less the same amount of lift as any other squatch, but need to take the weight difference into the equation as well.

To answer the question though, yes, plenty of people have put squatch coilovers into every trim vehicle made that was not squatch for two years now. It will raise your vehicle 1-2 inches, depending on which you use.
Thank you. How would I know what I order is m190 or m220 would it be on the shock?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. How would I know what I order is m190 or m220 would it be on the shock?

Please read this thread as we worked the issue and answered most questions pertaining to this swap. Ask anything specific in that thread as there are many of use who did the conversion and will be tagged.

(1) Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

OP
OP

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please read this thread as we worked the issue and answered most questions pertaining to this swap. Ask anything specific in that thread as there are many of use who did the conversion and will be tagged.

(1) Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Thank you that was probably a dumb reply I sent. I’m just learning about cars installations so I’m new to this thanks again

OP
OP

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you that was probably a dumb reply I sent. I’m just learning about cars installations so I’m new to this thanks again
I miss read your message thank you

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No problem. The above thread I posted will explain a lot of your questions and probably give you more. Give it a couple of reads and then ask in that thread as there are a lot who have done the swap. Going from the Hitachis to the Bilsteins is definitely an upgrade you won't regret.

Reactions: M97
OP
OP

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The amount of lift you get depends on which squatch coilovers you get as they use different springs on different models. Your base will weigh a little less since you have the M190 instead of the M210, plus other things. You will get more or less the same amount of lift as any other squatch, but need to take the weight difference into the equation as well.

After doing my research how would I know which Sasquatch shocks I get. Do I look for a part number on the shocks when I get them? How would I know how much lift it will give me, based on the different springs they use. I would prefer the sas takeoffs with higher lift

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After doing my research how would I know which Sasquatch shocks I get. Do I look for a part number on the shocks when I get them? How would I know how much lift it will give me, based on the different springs they use. I would prefer the sas takeoffs with higher lift

The easiest way is to get coilovers off the heaviest Bronco possible if you want the most lift. I think that would be a 4dr, 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch. Again, you really don't know how much lift you'll get until you install them as there will be a weight difference. Expect 1-1.25 realistically, but could always be a little more or less depending on your weight and setup.

OP
OP

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The easiest way is to get coilovers off the heaviest Bronco possible if you want the most lift. I think that would be a 4dr, 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch. Again, you really don't know how much lift you'll get until you install them as there will be a weight difference. Expect 1-1.25 realistically, but could always be a little more or less depending on your weight and setup.
Ok thanks the ones online here I might get they are off of badlands Sasquatch and I messaged them and they said that was the model they had. So the lighter the vehicle the more inches in the suspension height?

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am going to the route of throwing Badlands (non SAS) take offs onto my Black Diamond.

The only thing with the base you want to be a little more concerned with is the gearing ratios and actually turning the 35s. Basically your Bronco is just going to be working harder to turn the heavier wheels then an SAS would.

Outside of the coil overs everything else as far as control arms, trailing arms etc are identical between all models (minus the badlands with disconnecting swaybars).

All in all getting some lighly used Bilstien take offs is a super economical way to get a lift as well as an enhanced ride offroad. I got mine for $500 just for reference.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok thanks the ones online here I might get they are off of badlands Sasquatch and I messaged them and they said that was the model they had. So the lighter the vehicle the more inches in the suspension height?
At that point it comes down to spring ratios so you would compress the springs less with a non 2.7 and other things making less of an impact of less weight.

You also likely will experience a stiffer ride.

Could wash this out if you plan to swap bumpers, add a winch, bash plates etc.

OP
OP

M97

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am going to the route of throwing Badlands (non SAS) take offs onto my Black Diamond.

The only thing with the base you want to be a little more concerned with is the gearing ratios and actually turning the 35s. Basically your Bronco is just going to be working harder to turn the heavier wheels then an SAS would.

Outside of the coil overs everything else as far as control arms, trailing arms etc are identical between all models (minus the badlands with disconnecting swaybars).

All in all getting some lighly used Bilstien take offs is a super economical way to get a lift as well as an enhanced ride offroad. I got mine for $500 just for reference.
im going to do 33$ because I think 35 are overkill for me because I don’t do any crazy off roading, just minor.
Sponsored