Sponsored

Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift?

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On the preliminary specs for the '21 here, the 4 door Wildtrak was 75.3". I couldn't find anything official from Ford on the '23 Wildtrak height, but according to Edmunds it's 71.9". If the Edmunds is correct that's 3.4" lower, which is about what I measure between my garage door entrance and the top of the truck.
This is so interesting. Thans for looking into it. I went out and measured my WT. It is a hair over 73 inches not counting the roof rack. I do have an ARB rear bumper and frame mounted RCI rock rails and full OEM skids, including gas tank skid so it is possible I've lost some height, but 71.9 seems incredibly low for a WT.
Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is so interesting. Thans for looking into it. I went out and measured my WT. It is a hair over 73 inches not counting the roof rack. I do have an ARB rear bumper and frame mounted RCI rock rails and full OEM skids, including gas tank skid so it is possible I've lost some height, but 71.9 seems incredibly low for a WT.
On the preliminary specs for the '21 here, the 4 door Wildtrak was 75.3". I couldn't find anything official from Ford on the '23 Wildtrak height, but according to Edmunds it's 71.9". If the Edmunds is correct that's 3.4" lower, which is about what I measure between my garage door entrance and the top of the truck.
This had me interested so I just went out and got some measurements off my '22 Wildtrak (Feb build so it's Hoss 2.0). I got a measurement of 75.4" at the tallest point without the roof rack - vehicle nearly stock, hard top, half tank of gas.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I measured mine just now and best guess is around 74", I have no weight on it at all. Measured my garage opening at about 76", so maybe less drastic at like 1.5"-2" difference. Still a lot though considering low level lift kits are 1"-2".

I was considering a body lift but that wont get me additional ground clearance, and a lot of people think it's a sin to mess with the Wildtrak suspension, even by adding 2" spacers since it'll stiffen them up. I've decided to live with it for now but curious to see what others do here.

OP
OP
Liftednewbie

Liftednewbie

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2022 Z51 Corvette, 2023 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I measured mine just now and best guess is around 74", I have no weight on it at all. Measured my garage opening at about 76", so maybe less drastic at like 1.5"-2" difference. Still a lot though considering low level lift kits are 1"-2".

I was considering a body lift but that wont get me additional ground clearance, and a lot of people think it's a sin to mess with the Wildtrak suspension, even by adding 2" spacers since it'll stiffen them up. I've decided to live with it for now but curious to see what others do here.
Okay ya’ll got me curious also. WT, 4 door, HT, full tank of gas, bone stock suspension, and nothing much inside. It measured almost dead on 75” at the end of the ribs on the top of the HT. No roof rack.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

'23 with the Hoss 3.0?

Sponsored

StuB

Wildtrak
First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VWGTI, 2023 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 23 Wildtrak and added 230 lbs to the front and probably 80-100lbs to the rear with the Fab Four bumper combos and assume I lost a little less than an inch in front and maybe half that in the rear. I did not want spacers on the Hoss3 so waited for a set of springs and bought these:
https://eibach.com/product/E30-35-056-01-22
Had them put in last week and so far love the ride, it definitely lifted the front and straightened out the rake. So far the ride is a hair stiffer but hardly noticeable and could add 37 easily now but will stick with the factory 35’s. They also kept everything under the factory recommendation for of 2” for steering or drivetrain modifications.
Hey Jeff,
I've been thinking of taking the same route with my WT, especiall w/ possible winch and
all the factory and aftermarket skids installed. Ok to ping you in a month or two to see how they've settled in? How much was the install? Hope they work out.
Stu

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Spacers do not change the suspension stiffness. They just move everything up. A preload spacer will make the ride feel stiffer, but a regular spacer will not.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Jeff,
I've been thinking of taking the same route with my WT, especiall w/ possible winch and
all the factory and aftermarket skids installed. Ok to ping you in a month or two to see how they've settled in? How much was the install? Hope they work out.
Stu
Feel free to ping me, spent over 1000 days waiting so had plenty of time to pick out the armor and lights, it looked like this before the spring lift and ditch lights. Love the ZROADZ slider steps, great for daughter to climb in the back seats and could lift the Bronco on these things, FabFour did a great job at fit and finish and love that they tucked the Warn winch way underneath the front bumper. I had 2 ARB front and rear on the land rovers but the one they made on the Bronco just stuck out tooooo far. I went with the full coverage bumper since deer hits are too common here and totaled the wife's Q7 with a 400 buck and the ARB saved me on a partial hit at 70 mph coming over a hill in the Defender 90. Will post some new picks with the springs, as it will snow this weekend and will take it to have some fun.

https://zroadz.com/i-23915785-2021-...eries-rock-slider-side-step-part-z745401.html
https://fabfours.com/product/matrix-front-bumper__trashed/
https://fabfours.com/product/ford-bronco-vengeance-rear-bumper/

Shout out to the guys at Silverstate Off-Road in Sparks, Nevada for the build!!!

Ford Bronco Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift? IMG_2580

Ford Bronco Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift? IMG_1014

Ford Bronco Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift? IMG_1010

Ford Bronco Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift? IMG_0999-1

Ford Bronco Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift? IMG_0995

Ford Bronco Lifting a 2023 Wildtrak Sasquatch- suspension or body lift? IMG_2569

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sean6365

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor, 08 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 23 Wildtrak and added 230 lbs to the front and probably 80-100lbs to the rear with the Fab Four bumper combos and assume I lost a little less than an inch in front and maybe half that in the rear. I did not want spacers on the Hoss3 so waited for a set of springs and bought these:
Had them put in last week and so far love the ride, it definitely lifted the front and straightened out the rake. So far the ride is a hair stiffer but hardly noticeable and could add 37 easily now but will stick with the factory 35’s. They also kept everything under the factory recommendation for of 2” for steering or drivetrain modifications.
I know it hasn't been that long but are you still liking the springs? I'm about to add a warn bumper and winch on the front and warn bumper on the back and was thinking about these springs.

msch382

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have same/similar setup.

Background: Wildtrak, HOSS 3.0, Method 105 beadlock wheels 0 offset...and heavy JCR vanguard front/rear bumpers, winch, rear spare tire, jerry cans, recovery geat, etc. ... and initially on 35x12.5-17 BFG KM3s. But when I went off roading in Moab with 3 ppl and all the gear, the suspension sat very low and the car took a lot of scrapes on the bottom skids, etc.

Since that trip I modified:

Added Eibach 2" lift springs with heavy-duty springs in the rear.
Added 37x12.5-17 BFG KM3s.
Added JKS Max Tire Clearance Kit (definitely need even just for the street).

The Eibach springs definitely helped...increased suspension lift, CVs at reasonable angle, and much better handling the heavy load (3 ppl, 5-day camping gear, 37 spare tire, winch, etc.).

The 37s still rub when off roading so next I'm installing 3/4" body lift to see if that does the trick.
Sponsored