Sponsored

Yikes! Sasquatch Springs and Shocks Lifted my 2 Door Black Diamond 3+ Inches. Need help!

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ignore the metal sleeve reference. It turned out to be nothing.
The Bilstein 5100s come with perches that can be set at different heights.
Hope this answers your question.
Sponsored

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i am adding additional info in regards to this thread as i have installed 4 door billstein takeoffs on my 2 door big bend and have done the same on a base with the same results. as the op said it will add about 3 inches of lift over stock height of base bb ob and bd models with hitachis. it may actually be a bit more but will settle on the front maybe a half inch especially if takeoffs have been off original vehicle for a time . I added a 2 inch puck to bilsteins and sit nearly 5 inches over stock hitachi height and 4 inches over models with sas setup. It works ok but the angle on front drive shafts is maxed and a sharp full turn will activate some scraping like noise on front axle which i believe is traction control braking for some reason- prob a sensor not liking the extreme angle on shafts when wheels sharply turned??.. so it seems if 4 door and poss v6 rated springs on a 4cyl 2 door, will lift about 3 inches rather than the 1 inch a proper sized 2door sas bilstein would normally lift. in my case it very rarely causes this braking and gives me serious height over my 37s so im keeping for now but would recommend just a 1 inch spacer or no spacer if doing this with a desire to run 37s. I have wheeled it moderately with this set up without issues related to angle of front shafts or tie rods which i did reinforce with rc sleeves on rods. also i would not keep it this way if i had front lockers as they seem to stress front angle issues the most. mine has a rear locker only and i will likely never do hard core rock climbing so if your in this category and want 5 inches of lift with bilsteins then consider it. daily driving seems unaffected and handles much like stock vehicle with great steering response. i found the toe in needs 2 turns on each side to get your steering correct and maybe an alignment. you will also need ucas if you do this with spacer(pucks). peace