Texag78

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello everyone, brand new around here and wanted to get your thoughts on this. So back in November of last year, my dealer calls out of the blue and says "hey, we just got a Bronco Raptor allocation, you want it"? I said "sure" and he said, "ok, it's $20k over MSRP". He sent me the spec sheet that showed an MSRP of $82,560, then with the ADM and BS add-ons, with taxes and everything, the final price was supposed to be $110,336.85 (would come down a few grand in taxes after trade in, but somewhere around that number). About two weeks ago, I called him and told him that I was probably going to let it go because I didn't want to pay $20k over. He says, "lowest we can do is $10k over and I have other dealers offering us $17k for it". I said "fine, whatever, I'll stick with it for $10k over". But I was doing some research looking at window stickers and all of them have MSRP's around like $96k! But mine is also for a 2023 and the MSRP was only $82,560.00. Did sticker jump up over $13k since I signed? And is there any kind of price protection for me or am I now looking at an additional $13k on top of what I was anticipating? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RagnarKon are Ford Performance vehicles subject to Retail Price Protection?

OP, most vehicles ordered through the dealer are retail price protected which guards against any model year price increases. Meaning you pay the price that was on your order preview sheet when you ordered and not what shows on your window sticker when the vehicle is finally built and delivered.

OP
OP

Texag78

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm gonna be sick. My dealer said that there is no price protection for specialty vehicles like Raptors or GT500's. So yeah, I just got hit with an additional $13k.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Prices in CY '23 have gone up more than $10k. Obviously, FMC wants to take the ADMs. There absolutely is in year price protection from FMC to dealers for specialty vehicles, as long as an order was placed (might have to be an order tied to a client, probably so).

If you signed an agreement, the price is binding (not across model years).

I've you didn't BUT your dealer ordered it at a lower price and you take the deal, your dealer will get reimbursed for the price increase and pocket it same as if it were ADM.

My dealer is giving me the full price protection up ftont and will pocket the reimbursement from FMC as they should.

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello everyone, brand new around here and wanted to get your thoughts on this. So back in November of last year, my dealer calls out of the blue and says "hey, we just got a Bronco Raptor allocation, you want it"? I said "sure" and he said, "ok, it's $20k over MSRP". He sent me the spec sheet that showed an MSRP of $82,560, then with the ADM and BS add-ons, with taxes and everything, the final price was supposed to be $110,336.85 (would come down a few grand in taxes after trade in, but somewhere around that number). About two weeks ago, I called him and told him that I was probably going to let it go because I didn't want to pay $20k over. He says, "lowest we can do is $10k over and I have other dealers offering us $17k for it". I said "fine, whatever, I'll stick with it for $10k over". But I was doing some research looking at window stickers and all of them have MSRP's around like $96k! But mine is also for a 2023 and the MSRP was only $82,560.00. Did sticker jump up over $13k since I signed? And is there any kind of price protection for me or am I now looking at an additional $13k on top of what I was anticipating? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You got a lot numbers going on here. What are they ask asking for the Raptor?

Build and price on a fully loaded one are $100k+ MSRP now. If you are patient and shop a wide enough area, you should be able to find one off a lot for $95k - $105k. If you want to pay less, it's only going to be $1-3k off for a used one.

Maybe someone is snagging a raptor for under $90k somewhere but you are taking what you get in options and color.
Sponsored