First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just built a Big Bend exactly speced as my 22 2 door - was $42,700 now is $49,500. That’s $6800 increase 16.9% increase! With today’s interests rates, I’d be priced out.
Sponsored

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s 100% incorrect. Ford did not take the auto bailout money even under intense pressure from the Obama Administration. I used to work for Ford and we were proud Ford didn’t take the bailout money and used to tell potential customers that. In fact, many buyers bought Fords for that reason.
You clearly don't know what a credit facility is but good on you for being 100% certain haha

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s 100% incorrect. Ford did not take the auto bailout money even under intense pressure from the Obama Administration. I used to work for Ford and we were proud Ford didn’t take the bailout money and used to tell potential customers that. In fact, many buyers bought Fords for that reason.
I'm afraid you are completely mistaken. Ford did take funds exactly the same as the other Detroit automakers.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Especially when the federal government is forcing you to do so.
I know, it makes most of us sick in the stomach to watch this in real time happen.

By the decree of the kangaroo magistrate you will now make crazy pills and shove done the throat of the “free market place”. Not to mention practically mind you.

With zero I mean zero logic full pedal to the metal stupid.

This is not on ford, as much as the delusional idea that you’re going to manufacture, tax and incentivize to a better climate, it’s just ludicrous.

Sponsored

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I LUCKED out!!! I picked up my 2dr Badlands from dealer inventory they had ordered. Built in May 2023. Sticker had the old pricing and that's what they sold it to me for. I bought this past Saturday.

Building the exact same config now on the Ford site:
- base price went up $750
- 10 speed auto went up $400
- destination fee went up $100
Total of $1250 more.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m starting to see all local dealers having a few in stock now. Half are abandoned orders and half are stock orders. We’ll see if they still sell like hotcakes at new pricing or not?

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I felt the 2023 price jumps made the Bronco overpriced in my mind. My raptor 83k msrp is not 93 or slightly more. When the bronco costs more then the equally equipment real raptor I’m out. I know all cars are more money and dealers are still trying to ask for more these msrp on broncos which just sucks. Made the two yea ago dealer bs markups seem like a good deal in this market. If I don’t have price protection on my raptor I’m gonna walk. For 100k I can get lots of cool stuff.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should I remind everyone that our government has NO MONEY? ALL funding comes from the taxpayers and consumers. It’s YOUR money!
OH, and by the way, all parties have done a “great” job of spending our money…

They (our government) have placed each citizen‘s share of our governmental debit to the tune of nearly $100,000 each citizen(including your children and grand children), and each taxpayer to the tune of nearly $250,000 ( both “round” numbers)!!!!

BCHBRNC22

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They can raise them all they want, doesn’t mean we have to pay it. Either the dealer sells me my Heritage order at the price at time of order or they can shove it up their backside. It’s not my fault that Ford can’t get out of its own way and produce enough of these vehicles to meet demand in a reasonable amount of time.

They still can’t or won’t make enough work vans either. I have bought 6 Chevy work trucks in the passed two years that normally would have been Ford purchases. They continue to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sponsored

Neon_Lemon

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm afraid you are completely mistaken. Ford did take funds exactly the same as the other Detroit automakers.
You are correct that from a technical standpoint they took funding, however, unlike the other manufacturers who were handed bailouts, FORD sought out a private financial institution before the collapse and did NOT receive a single taxpayer dime after it. He is still correct in his response. You might want to actually try using Google before spouting off incorrect information.

Neon_Lemon

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You clearly don't know what a credit facility is but good on you for being 100% certain haha
There's a big difference between a private financial institution and a taxpayer funded bailout. Not sure how you can be ignorant of this simple fact. You're only further making his point correct.

Let's also remember that they took out their loans prior to the 08 collapse, not after. Ford was smart enough to secure private money in advance of a disaster, whereas GM and others did not and instead received TAXYPAYER money after the fact.

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a big difference between a private financial institution and a taxpayer funded bailout. Not sure how you can be ignorant of this simple fact. You're only further making his point correct.

Let's also remember that they took out their loans prior to the 08 collapse, not after. Ford was smart enough to secure private money in advance of a disaster, whereas GM and others did not and instead received TAXYPAYER money after the fact.
Found another one that doesn't understand how credit facilities work!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Dude, are you just making stuff up on the spot?

Yes Ford adjusted SOME of the their debt structure before the '08 bank fucky-wucky, but Ford also was required to take government money as well; just like GM and Fiat. You can argue if they absolutely needed it or not like the other two of the Detroit Three, but they took it none the less because they were required too. Saying otherwise just so you can feel good about yourself at the coffeeshop doesn't change what happened.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, to order my Bronco now would be $7k more than in 2022

Ford Bronco Another Mid-Year Price Increase as of 07/25/23 1691023368213

Current price minus the black 17" rims you can't order anymore without getting SAS. So should be $59.2 K

My original order:
Ford Bronco Another Mid-Year Price Increase as of 07/25/23 1691023932124

$7K more for the same car 18 months later. That's crazy...
Sponsored