First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously, my base (w/ aux switches) is nearing $4k more then what I paid for mine last May... I am terrified at the thought of what might happen if I god forbid total my Bronco.
Sponsored

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just to add, the $250 credit is for the subwoofer delete. Ford added it for ‘23 but then ran into supply issues so starting about mid Dec, they stopped installing them.
Interesting re: subwoofer delete. So I don't have a subwoofer? Isn't that important for sound? Is there a blank spot to install an aftermarket subwoofer? Is $250 enough to cover that? Thanks

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting re: subwoofer delete. So I don't have a subwoofer? Isn't that important for sound? Is there a blank spot to install an aftermarket subwoofer? Is $250 enough to cover that? Thanks
Bad news and good news

Bad news: You have a subwoofer just no amplifier and from what I hear it can't be rerofitted.
Good news: The subwoofer sucks and although it will take slightly more than $250 and some of your time, you're going to want a new subwoofer anyway if that's your thing. Replace the factory sub with any 8" aftermarket sub, then wire a small amplifier and you'll be golden. The problem then becomes wanting to replace your non-B&O speakers lol

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Prior to 2023 there was NO sub with the non-Lux trim level. For a brief period Ford installed a (small) working amp/sub combo then quickly began putting dummy units in their place. So the 2023 units delivered with the dummy sub setup sound the same as all of the pre-2023 non-Lux units did/do. Depending upon one's view you've also either gained a pre-installed sub enclosure and amp rack you can mod to install something better (and functional) OR you've lost a handy storage cubby that now holds useless junk suitable only for landfill.

Assuming mine also gets the SDARS I'll be gladly taking that $250 and applying it towards better audio.

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Prior to 2023 there was NO sub with the non-Lux trim level. For a brief period Ford installed a (small) working amp/sub combo then quickly began putting dummy units in their place. So the 2023 units delivered with the dummy sub setup sound the same as all of the pre-2023 non-Lux units did/do. Depending upon one's view you've also either gained a pre-installed sub enclosure and amp rack you can mod to install something better (and functional) OR you've lost a handy storage cubby that now holds useless junk suitable only for landfill.

Assuming mine also gets the SDARS I'll be gladly taking that $250 and applying it towards better audio.
Thanks all. You've lost me on most of this, but it sounds like there is a workable solution. I'm no audiophile and just want to be able to hear music and have it sound generally like it should. So I guess I can ask a stereo shop to install a new sub/amp in that spot.

Sponsored

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe you shouldn’t have to worry about the new increase. The sticker shows the older pricing so should be good to go. Looks like you have the correct PP figured out. How the dealer handles the extra $2,000 is up to them. Some at the sale, others after they are refunded. Mine is doing at the sale. Have you asked? Sometimes the salesman is not up to speed so you may have to

Good luck!

Just to add, the $250 credit is for the subwoofer delete. Ford added it for ‘23 but then ran into supply issues so starting about mid Dec, they stopped installing them.
To your question about asking the dealer how they'll handle the extra $2,000 from the Feb price increase, no, I haven't. I certainly will - I would hope it's removed before I have to pay tax (so at sale), which is quite sizable in the part of NY that I live. I'm also hoping that they don't install the front license plate holder in the awful spot that they apparently install it, so will need to cover that.

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Using the new chart concerning all the new increases my price protection totals $7,030. I just have that sinking feeling that Ford is just going to let the rest of us, or most of us, sail into the sunset. With order banks opening soon and new orders being taken, the holdouts (like us) will have to bite the bullet in MY24. Just hard to see Ford filling all our orders and dishing out all that protection. They have the out now, "told you so" should have dropped this or that, changed models, etc.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is more details on the latest price increase.
Very interesting.
Not only base price increases, a lot of increases within option pricing as well.

CC1999

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2021 RAM TRX, 2023 GMC Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what I paid for mine less then 4 weeks ago, mine had Dec 2022 MSRP plus I $2000 over it’s MSRP plus I paid $1200 shipping.
I am now well under the MSRP compared to the one I had been trying to order sine last August.
I was already even up with MSRP 4 weeks ago on my purchase price, with this latest news I have now covered my shipping and then some.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seriously, my base (w/ aux switches) is nearing $4k more then what I paid for mine last May... I am terrified at the thought of what might happen if I god forbid total my Bronco.
That last line is why mine stays in the shop most of the time. Its a sad day when a "mass produced" vehicle isn't readily replaceable. Hell I refuse to even get rid of my paid off F150 even though its worth stupid money (fully loaded w/only 70K miles) because its replacement is 75-85K.

Sponsored

Spartan007

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Price protection will go back to PL 315. Which is where 23MY pricing started. So yes price protected back to your original DORA. assuming you havent changed your Body Code since then.
Why do you mean by Change your body code? Like change in trim level? Just asking for clarification because I don’t know LOL

OP
OP
Alpha1_Silverback

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do you mean by Change your body code? Like change in trim level? Just asking for clarification because I don’t know LOL
not trim level. Body code.

E5A - 2d 4x4
E5B - 4d 4x4

E5C - 2d Adv 4x4
E5D - 4d Adv 4x4