Sponsored

Was there a "mid-year price increase" since February 9, 2023?

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer generated a new build summary, which he says is straight from Ford. My price went up $1937 with no options changed. I did see Destination & Delivery went up $200, but the remaining increase is on the first line item of the model ("E5C0 BRONCO 2 DR ADVANCED 4X4") itself.

Pretty annoyed with Ford, and my dealer, too. He acted like he wasn't aware of a price increase, and said, "Ford must have raised their price" since my last build sheet was generated on 2/9. I called Ford customer relations, and the lady there didn't seem to have any clue.

Feeling pretty jerked around after waiting for 22 months and just got my VIN. The $3080 price protection that I'm getting isn't anywhere near close to covering the repeatedly price increases since I first ordered.
Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer generated a new build summary, which he says is straight from Ford. My price went up $1937 with no options changed. I did see Destination & Delivery went up $200, but the remaining increase is on the first line item of the model ("E5C0 BRONCO 2 DR ADVANCED 4X4") itself.

Pretty annoyed with Ford, and my dealer, too. He acted like he wasn't aware of a price increase, and said, "Ford must have raised their price" since my last build sheet was generated on 2/9. I called Ford customer relations, and the lady there didn't seem to have any clue.

Feeling pretty jerked around after waiting for 22 months and just got my VIN. The $3080 price protection that I'm getting isn't anywhere near close to covering the repeatedly price increases since I first ordered.
I'm not sure, but the price increases are outa control, everything I build is $55-60, and that is without a lot of features I would like, but cannot justify on this vehicle-not too long ago my build was under $50. Other vehicles are starting to peak my interest.

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure, but the price increases are outa control, everything I build is $55-60, and that is without a lot of features I would like, but cannot justify on this vehicle-not too long ago my build was under $50. Other vehicles are starting to peak my interest.
I'm an even-tempered, mild kind of guy, but I'm battling cancer and dealing with Ford at the same time, and I'm about to lose my mind. When I first ordered, I had leather, lux, and modular bumper on my Wildtrak for something like $54k. Now I've dropped leather and the modular bumper, and MSRP is $59965. Even with the $3080 price protection and dropping leather and the bumper, I'm coming out behind. "Price protection" my ass.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but the difference was added to my price protection certificate when I contacted Ford Marketing.

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, but the difference was added to my price protection certificate when I contacted Ford Marketing.
I did not know they would do that--I think I will contact them a third time and ask about this. Wish they'd mentioned they could do that on one of the previous calls. Thanks for the heads up.

Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not know they would do that--I think I will contact them a third time and ask about this. Wish they'd mentioned they could do that on one of the previous calls. Thanks for the heads up.
I did not ask, I just called to get my cert because mine was just built on 2/27 and the amount I was told previously jumped up. Good luck. So over this process! Hoping to be done by April 1!

Reactions: bek

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not how it is supposed to work. The certificate is called your Private Offer and covers increases from your initial order until your '23 reorder based on what was on order in Sept of '22. The new increase on Feb 10 is protected by the Retail Price Protection program. 2 door is $2,000 , 4 door is $1500, varies a little by model such as Heritage or Everglades. The dealer is supposed to handle that.

Here is the info on the Feb increase protection direct from a reliable dealer.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/conversations/price-protection.34282/#convMessage-353162

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not how it is supposed to work. The certificate is called your Private Offer and covers increases from your initial order until your '23 reorder based on what was on order in Sept of '22. The new increase on Feb 10 is protected by the Retail Price Protection program. 2 door is $2,000 , 4 door is $1500, varies a little by model such as Heritage or Everglades. The dealer is supposed to handle that.

Here is the info on the Feb increase protection direct from a reliable dealer.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/conversations/price-protection.34282/#convMessage-353162
Difference may be mine was scheduled and I did not have to adjust my order. 🤷‍♀️ All I know is it is higher than what the dealer told me in late Fall ‘22.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Difference may be mine was scheduled and I did not have to adjust my order. 🤷‍♀️ All I know is it is higher than what the dealer told me in late Fall ‘22.
Just talked to Ford to make sure was not missing something. My order did not change as well and had constraints. The Feb 10th increase is not included in the Certificate and is handled by the dealer just as I said and others have posted. So you are entitled to an additional either $1500 or $2000 as mentioned above and in the Price Protection thread depending on what you ordered. That's on top of your private offer.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bek
OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just talked to Ford to make sure was not missing something. My order did not change as well and had constraints. The Feb 10th increase is not included in the Certificate and is handled by the dealer just as I said and others have posted. So you are entitled to an additional either $1500 or $2000 as mentioned above and in the Price Protection thread depending on what you ordered.
Wow, thank you for relaying that information. That is really good to know. The Ford person I spoke to was lost and didn't even know there was a price increase.

Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just talked to Ford to make sure was not missing something. My order did not change as well and had constraints. The Feb 10th increase is not included in the Certificate and is handled by the dealer just as I said and others have posted. So you are entitled to an additional either $1500 or $2000 as mentioned above and in the Price Protection thread depending on what you ordered. That's on top of your private offer.
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure why mine jumped then, but it’s much higher than it was.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure why mine jumped then, but it’s much higher than it was.
Probably when you checked in the fall, the cert had not updated for '23 and was still at the old '22 level.

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably when you checked in the fall, the cert had not updated for '23 and was still at the old '22 level.
I never checked. About 2 months after I updated to 23 order, I was talking to my dealer about accessories and they mentioned the amount they had and it was higher, so no clue.

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I haven’t ordered and probably won’t until ‘24. What I want USED TO BE affordable to me. With the price increases over the last 18 months, I may be priced out as I will not get what I don’t want. As someone in this thread said….other options are looking more attractive.
Sponsored