Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC Hardtop orders: All retail customers with an order placed by August 20th, 2021 not able to be built as a 21MY due to the MIC Hardtop commodity restriction are eligible to receive price protection.

The above was a snippet from a Ford notice to dealers, it was the closest I could find to your situation. Based on that, I would say you are not covered due to the date and the fact that you are probably a soft top, since you did not mention it in your description.

YMMV

obviously you do not qualify for originial price protection.
I'm feeling particularly snarky this morning so I'll remind people that at this point any comment along the lines of "Ford said..." has just about as much usefulness as "My dealer said..." They have changed the "rules" too many times for me to take anything they say seriously.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm feeling particularly snarky this morning so I'll remind people that at this point any comment along the lines of "Ford said..." has just about as much usefulness as "My dealer said..." They have changed the "rules" to many times for me to take anything they say seriously.
I think there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the price protection. If you have an actual order, not a reservation, you have price protection from the 22.5 price increases provided you don’t make certain changes like trim, number of doors, advanced 4x4, etc. this has been standard operating procedures for decades. Once the ‘23 model prices change happens, that could change depending on how Ford wants to handle it. This has been documented in recent threads.

Edit: added information. This is what is done for existing orders, not to be confused with the earlier MY21 orders and reservations with price protection until December 2023.

What is price protection?
  • Ford guarantees the price of a factory ordered vehicle based on the price level in effect at the time of the order date.
  • If there is a price increase after the order date, Ford will calculate the difference and reimburse the dealer via SmartVincent.

Last edited:

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, you are incorrect and giving out harmful and inaccurate advice. You are protected under the original 3.19.21 date. The OP is NOT because they reserved/ordered at the same time, well after the cut-off, that brings the memo that I snipped into play.

Please stop assuming your situation is the same as all other people and stop giving out inaccurate info.

You are 100% wrong per Ford on the OP's situation (which, again, is not yours)
Wow, a little harsh. But whatever. The information out there is all over the place. Everyone is saying something different. I didn't give any advice, I put the information out there to show MY experience and what was told to me direct from the horse's mouth (at least the closest horse I could get to). I believe also as someone else stated, there's price protection for for early reservation holders which the article referenced and then this MY 22.5 price protection. Everyone that has contacted Ford or their dealership in this thread has stated they have been told they are paying the price quoted from their order.

Also, my very next post, I admitted there is contradicting info out there and stated basically that no one really knows until their vehicle comes in and they pay for it or get their sticker.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if I will have to pay 1590 more for my OBX if my order date was on 9/14/21
MArch 9th will be a day that will live in infamy! Ford to disclose pricing details or orders.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the price protection. If you have an actual order, not a reservation, you have price protection from the 22.5 price increases provided you don’t make certain changes like trim, number of doors, advanced 4x4, etc. this has been standard operating procedures for decades. Once the ‘23 model prices change happens, that could change depending on how Ford wants to handle it. This has been documented in recent threads.
Is Sasquatch a changeable option if advanced 4x4 is still retained? I'd assume so much is changing via sasquatch that it wouldn't be something I could drop without changing the price.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is Sasquatch a changeable option if advanced 4x4 is still retained? I'd assume so much is changing via sasquatch that it wouldn't be something I could drop without changing the price.
From Ford:

Can I update my order after the order bank is closed?
Yes, you can update your order up until your Bronco gets scheduled for production. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels.

philly3227

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger 4 x 4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know if I will have to pay 1590 more for my OBX if my order date was on 9/14/21
i reserved my base 2 door on may 8 2021 i reordered as a 22 model on oct 12 2022 my dealer price protected me fron that date there was a 1500 base increase after oct i took delivery on april 8 and did not pay the 1500 increase if that helps you
Sponsored