Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Deano Bronc - actually interested in your avatar. I've been gravitating to the 2 door Bronco for my order, but I like the way your avatar looks. I assume lifted and large diameter tires. I realize it's just a mock up, but do you have a sense of what the lift & tire size would be to achieve that look?
thanks!

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With enough aftermarket support, we will be able to build our own "heritage" Broncos. All we need are white tops, white wheels, and some old school grilles, fender flares, and bumpers.

Unfortunately the 2021 paint palette sucks as there are no 2021 colors that are even close to an old school Bronco color.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely agree with you that they missed the boat on some of the nostalgic aspects of the early Broncos. It boggles my mind they didn't go that one extra step on the colors of the exterior, interior and the top. Give me Boxwood Green with a white top and I'd be set! I'm hoping MY22 will look much better.
I believe Ford will get it "right" -- lot of focus on "listening to the customer" from new management in charge (and of course making good returns on the model/options -- since increased margins are the name of the game at Ford). Something tells me that the market research "missed" something somehow -- otherwise they would have gotten shit right from the "get go".

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not triggered. Just a dumb comment that has no basis.

You realize that they aren't just trying to sell the heritage, right? They're also trying to sell a modern vehicle to a modern buyer. It's a balance.

You don't need to be young or old. Everyone brings an experience and an idea to the table.

You have no idea if "the younger members of the Bronco team didn't go back in history enough to realize the importance of the brand." Or that it wasn't some old dude in a suit that pushed the modern aspect of it.

It's a design by committee. A design by Ford. More people have their hands in it than the" young people."

Also your idea of what should be incorporated into the Bronco and what constitutes the proper heritage is not the same as everyone else's.

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, how does one give up an MY21 reservation for an MY22 Heritage Edition? I have a 2nd day spot but I do not mind waiting on the HE and the other promised MY22 goodies.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“I am Jack’s complete lack of surprise”

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, how does one give up an MY21 reservation for an MY22 Heritage Edition? I have a 2nd day spot but I do not mind waiting on the HE and the other promised MY22 goodies.
The only way I know of is to make a new reservation. New one should be a 2022. Then cancel the 2021 reservation.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I believe Ford will get it "right" -- lot of focus on "listening to the customer" from new management in charge (and of course making good returns on the model/options -- since increased margins are the name of the game at Ford). Something tells me that the market research "missed" something somehow -- otherwise they would have gotten shit right from the "get go".
I hope you realize that "listening to the customer" is just a marketing buzz word.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What I'm wondering too but don't cancel. Your dealer should be able to tell you what the late availibilty options are going to be so worse case choose one and that should put you back to MY 22.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only way I know of is to make a new reservation. New one should be a 2022. Then cancel the 2021 reservation.
Those that are looking to order the postulated Heritage Edition for MY22 might want to look at Carolina Jim's response and my subsequent response to Jim's theory. The HE might never be an option for reservation holders.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those that are looking to order the postulated Heritage Edition for MY22 might want to look at Carolina Jim's response and my subsequent response to Jim's theory. The HE might never be an option for reservation holders.
It may also be an ugly expensive mess. Not something I, personally, would wait on.
Sponsored