he's right.....

Dschack89

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Duramax
Hit the nail on the head here, instant gratification and all that, people somehow feel theyre entitled to a release right now. I wont pretend not to be a little frustrated, but given the current climate what exactly do yall expect? I wont be in a position to buy until Jan-Feb next year anyway so its really just curiosity for me, especially the MSRP.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May is going to be over in the blink of an eye, shits gonna get really real, real soon! I can feel it in my bones. And then more fidgety waiting until it’s time to buy.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are all just frustrated and venting imo. Things are different and we have to adjust. i went to see my parents yesterday. They sat on the front stoop and I sat on the lawn. It was good to see them but on the ride home I still worried that I might have infected them somehow. Everyone is at risk of getting sick or losing someone they love. It is not over for most of us. Ford has to protect its workers and has developed a plan. This is more important than the revel. Sick workers stay home, production slows or stops. Look at the meat plants. The Bronco timeline may still be the same, but the rest of the world stopped. Things will get moving again and the Bronco will be reveled. If you need a vehicle in the meantime,, get one. We all have our own priorities.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We are all just frustrated and venting imo. Things are different and we have to adjust. i went to see my parents yesterday. They sat on the front stoop and I sat on the lawn. It was good to see them but on the ride home I still worried that I might have infected them somehow. Everyone is at risk of getting sick or losing someone they love. It is not over for most of us. Ford has to protect its workers and has developed a plan. This is more important than the revel. Sick workers stay home, production slows or stops. Look at the meat plants. The Bronco timeline may still be the same, but the rest of the world stopped. Things will get moving again and the Bronco will be reveled. If you need a vehicle in the meantime,, get one. We all have our own priorities.
You shouldn't feel bad - the odds of you infecting your parents outdoors in that situation are very very low. Majority of infection is indoors in closer contact.

People should be out and about, running/biking/hiking/swimming and staying active and fit, while taking reasonable precautions. Sitting on the couch over-eating and boozing isn't good for health either.

Also keep in mind, shelter in place is to spread out infection over time, not to stop all infection. Ford and other manufactures will need to establish a work environment for workers in closer quarters, so they are protected from having some mass infection. And employees who are elderly or in poor health, should not be working.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sitting on the couch over-eating and boozing isn't good for health either.
guess I've been doing this whole thing wrong.... which is silly, I have a few acres I could easily grade a running track around...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
guess I've been doing this whole thing wrong.... which is silly, I have a few acres I could easily grade a running track around...
Put a dome over it and I'm there :) I've got a triathlon coming up (assuming it's not cancelled). No place to swim, gym close for treadmill, coming off Chicago winter and crummy spring - I'm in the worst shape of my life. :(

Foolster

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996Suburban2002Mustangconvertible2002SportTrac
Your Bronco Model
Base
So how long have I been waiting for a manual transmission four door pickup from Ford (Hopefully the 2024 Bronco)? My current ride is a 2002 SportTrac with 168,000 miles and the dreaded Mazda five speed manual. I have eased out of the local quarry with my double axle trailer having crossed the scales at 11,200 pounds. So far one front wheel bearing replaced. The battery replaced. I bought it used with 32,000 miles. At 33,000 the clutch was replaced under warranty. Since then I am on track to put 200,000 miles on the second clutch. Somewhere along the way the brakes have all been rebuilt. Everything else is just how it left the factory.

I tell my students that Ford builds a manual transmission pickup for me once every 20 years. So I will simply roll on in my SportTrac until Ford makes a manual truck again. My other ride is an F650 with the 5.9 Cummins backed by an Eaton six speed manual. So I am patient. When it gets built and shipped it gets built and shipped. If not 2024 I'm good until 2025, maybe 2026. My SportTrac will only be 24 years old and still running strong.

OP
OP

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2026 ?????, Christ, I'll be dead by then.....I'm calling the Cops ?
?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im out of work and planning on buying a bronco. But family medical stuff wasnt gonna let me be a first year buyer. My job is 95% sure to be waiting on me when the tourists come back but if not I got a CDL to fall back on. 2021 I will start saving my pennies.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3063

You really think those are the only ones taking a hit? How about the airline workers, small businesses, all the supply workers not feeding auto plants. I wasn't talking baristas.
Total numbers laid off are closer to 30 million to include your veggie prep guys.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You really think those are the only ones taking a hit?
Dickens nailed it 150 years ago...“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

If you've been touched by the virus, it could very well be a long road to normalcy.
Sponsored