Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. Haven't gotten mine yet, but it was one of the biggest turn-offs for me when I was considering my top options. Every pic the have of soft tops on their site look like they "should" (see below), yet every soft top I've seen in person and seen pictures of on dealer websites has the horizontal wrinkles in it. I'm wondering what the long-term effects of the wrinkles will be. Will they worsen/crack/etc.? Haven't looked into the warranty coverage for the top yet. I did end up ordering one with a soft top to expedite my build, and I'm geeked to get it, but this has been a concern of mine as well.

1638970887683.png
I see the wave in that render. It's designed that way because the rear is able to be propped up.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You knew the soft top was designed with wavy ass flappy windows and still decided to purchase it. This one’s on you lmao.

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see the wave in that render. It's designed that way because the rear is able to be propped up.
My eyes are bad, but they're not so bad that I don't see some wrinkle in the Ford pics. They're also not so bad that I don't see the difference between what's in their pics vs. what's actually on the vehicles. I've owned a couple Wranglers with soft tops, so I'm not ignorant of some wrinkling being unavoidable. (It's a piece of flexible plastic ffs.) I was just surprised to see the sagging trash bag appearance consistently once I got to see some actual vehicles vs. renders.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My eyes are bad, but they're not so bad that I don't see some wrinkle in the Ford pics. They're also not so bad that I don't see the difference between what's in their pics vs. what's actually on the vehicles. I've owned a couple Wranglers with soft tops, so I'm not ignorant of some wrinkling being unavoidable. (It's a piece of flexible plastic ffs.) I was just surprised to see the sagging trash bag appearance consistently once I got to see some actual vehicles vs. renders.
I agree with everybody that it looks horrible. It's just not something that Ford will fix because that's the way they're supposed to look.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting this. Haven't gotten mine yet, but it was one of the biggest turn-offs for me when I was considering my top options. Every pic the have of soft tops on their site look like they "should" (see below), yet every soft top I've seen in person and seen pictures of on dealer websites has the horizontal wrinkles in it. I'm wondering what the long-term effects of the wrinkles will be. Will they worsen/crack/etc.? Haven't looked into the warranty coverage for the top yet. I did end up ordering one with a soft top to expedite my build, and I'm geeked to get it, but this has been a concern of mine as well.

1638970887683.png
Sort of like the tires on the WT on Ford's B&P?
Where are these balloon giant sidewall off-road monsters on the real deal?!
We should riot!

In all sincerity, I understand why the extra relief is designed into them. Does it look good? No. Will it wear well over time? I'd be surprised if it did. Working that plastic back and forth each time you open the hatch portion, especially when cold I think will rear some eventual bad results.
When and if, I'll go with a different top or order me some replacement panels and do it all over again. If it happens to be covered by warranty, even better. If not...well, back to the above. Bestop makes great twill Jeep tops and I can only assume the ones for the 6G will be comparable.

WT example.jpg

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Functionally I can't tell a difference when driving them. Soft top isn't for looks when it is up. Not an issue for me.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allow me to translate for the OP... "Why isn't my soft-top a hard-top?"

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You knew the soft top was designed with wavy ass flappy windows and still decided to purchase it. This one’s on you lmao.
laugh away.. like we had a choice when they advised ordering a soft top to get fulfilled? of course half of the broncos rolling off the line have hard tops as we speak.

Not to be a dick - but you've been a member here for nearly a year, and you purposely selected the soft top, and you believe this is news? This has been known since the beginning. Ford's not going to do jack shit about it, and it's part of the design. Even their renderings show the wrinkles.
but you decided to be one anyways? 👍🏻

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to be a dick - but you've been a member here for nearly a year, and you purposely selected the soft top, and you believe this is news? This has been known since the beginning. Ford's not going to do jack shit about it, and it's part of the design. Even their renderings show the wrinkles.
Gotta agree here. Sorry OP. We all knew what the soft top was before making switch. I don't understand complaining about it now expecting Ford to resolve the issue. They screwed tens of thousands of early res folks out of their place in line, no way they give two shits about this.

I don't like the wave either, but I accepted it and will manage it moving forward. Either by fixing the window sag issue myself (member has post doing that) or wait for my aftermarket hard top solution I planned all along.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but you decided to be one anyways? 👍🏻
With all due respect, and remember I'm saying with all due respect, you're acting like a Karen over this window replacement thing. You're much better off trying to fashion something that will take out some of the slack, and calling it a day.

OP
OP
GreenMtnBronco

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all due respect, and remember I'm saying with all due respect, you're acting like a Karen over this window replacement thing. You're much better off trying to fashion something that will take out some of the slack, and calling it a day.
you are a very funny man - making ONE post about a topic that I haven't seen covered before (my mistake) makes me a karen?

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have heard of the Jeep wave, right? This is called "The Bronco Wave."

Last edited: