First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you get a Bronco with front and rear metal bumpers and rock rails, where are your jack points for something like a Hi-lift jack?

I would imagine the bumpers being ok, but the rock rails are something I definitely have no idea about. The rock rails seem like they hug the body a lot and might be hard to get a Hi-lift jack under.
Sponsored

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
A
If you get a Bronco with front and rear metal bumpers and rock rails, where are your jack points for something like a Hi-lift jack?
Are you planning to get an aftermarket rear bumper (since you can't get a metal rear bumper on a Base)? I think you are right that the rock rails would not be appropriate as a Hi-Lift jacking point.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does look like the rock rails are too close to the body.

There is a hi-lift accessory that lets you lift from the rim of a tire. Very useful if you're stuck but not so useful if you need to change the tire.

OP
OP
Clint

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
A

Are you planning to get an aftermarket rear bumper (since you can't get a metal rear bumper on a Base)? I think you are right that the rock rails would not be appropriate as a Hi-Lift jacking point.
If I stay with the Base, I will go with an aftermarket rear bumper that has lifting and winching points. I am still thinking about the BD though.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The aftermarket will have much better bumper options and bumpers are easy to swap.

It is cool you can get a metal bumper from the factory. All the bumper most people need. But bumper upgrades have always been huge in the 4wd community.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clint

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
The aftermarket will have much better bumper options and bumpers are easy to swap.

It is cool you can get a metal bumper from the factory. All the bumper most people need. But bumper upgrades have always been huge in the 4wd community.
I guess it wouldn’t be that bad if I got the BD and the only thing I had to do to it was swap out the rock rails for a set of rock rails that had a solid jack point.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe the Ford rock rails/sliders are body mounted. You can go aftermarket frame mounted and you'll be able to use the jack along the entire length of the rail/slider. These will also extend further away from the body and offer a little more protection. Just an idea.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best lifting points and mounts for the hilift are on the garage wall or tucked away in storage? In 10yrs of wheeling everything from FL-CO-UT-AZ Ive never found the need to use or witness anyone in my group using a hilift on our jeeps or 4runners even with all the various trail repairs. But to each their own.

OP
OP
Clint

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Best lifting points and mounts for the hilift are on the garage wall or tucked away in storage? In 10yrs of wheeling everything from FL-CO-UT-AZ Ive never found the need to use or witness anyone in my group using a hilift on our jeeps or 4runners even with all the various trail repairs. But to each their own.
I agree, but for about $140, it’s not a bad tool to have with you just in case.

Reactions: RG7

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently used my Hi-Lift this past summer...to pull up broken fence posts...worked like a charm! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clint

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently used my Hi-Lift this past summer...to pull up broken fence posts...worked like a charm! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, but they look badass on all those Jeep hoods at the mall.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A side question; with these Broncos being further off the ground, especially the Sasquatch....I would presume it will come with a taller/capable jack (not a jack typically found in cars and basic trucks). ?

OP
OP
Clint

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
A side question; with these Broncos being further off the ground, especially the Sasquatch....I would presume it will come with a taller/capable jack (not a jack typically found in cars and basic trucks). ?
Yes. Probably will be the same jack across all trims and packages.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best lifting points and mounts for the hilift are on the garage wall or tucked away in storage?
Plus they are dangerous to use. Tippy and unreliable, with a long metal handle to break your jaw or leg. Responsible for many injuries since they were invented in 1905. They are mostly just for show now.
Ford Bronco Hi-lift jack points? 1608845463193

OP
OP
Clint

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plus they are dangerous to use. Tippy and unreliable, with a long metal handle to break your jaw or leg. Responsible for many injuries since they were invented in 1905. They are mostly just for show now.
Ford Bronco Hi-lift jack points? 1608845463193
So is driving, what’s the point. Just like anything else, know the dangers and use good judgement. If you need it, you need it.
Sponsored