Sponsored

Factory Badland rockrails enough to support the weight of the car for hi-lift jacks?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best place for hi-lift jack is on the garage wall or in a corner of the garage.
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to lift the truck by the body mounted rock rail is really placing a tremendous load on the body mounts. You are basicaly trying sperate the body from the frame. Just another reason that I ordered a BaseSquatch. The aftermarket will have frame mounted rails within weeks of actual broncos being delivered to customers.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those rails will support the vehicle without damaging the door frames. I have doubts about using that jack though.
Think I read where the factory rails don't support full weight, but half. To me that says not bolted to frame, but honestly not sure any of us know definitively.

I don't like high lift jacks at all due to them being dangerous on loose ground and the release, but using one on the stock rock rail isn't recommended; at least not until we know more.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope one of my apprentice techs dont use the rockrails to lift on hoist:oops: My rails on BD will protect me just fine
Ford Bronco Factory Badland rockrails enough to support the weight of the car for hi-lift jacks? big curb

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is the only use of a hi-lift jack. Never understood people putting big ass jacks in their rig when there are tons of smaller jacks that work great
Ford Bronco Factory Badland rockrails enough to support the weight of the car for hi-lift jacks? big curb
I would love an ARB but they cost 800 dollars

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm assuming the original poster has never used a hi-lift jack or even ARB's Hydraulic Jack because in my experience trying to lift something with either one of those by an angled piece is asking for trouble, and the mention of body panels being damaged is from real experience too, when the jack slips and goes into the door, not to mention if you let the handle go. Even with a firm straight place to lift, you still have to know what you are doing and even then there are no assurances. My suggestion if you don't know how to properly use a hi-lift jack and are willing to accept the consequences of what could happen, I would suggest to anyone to invest in decent bottle jacks that have specific extensions/adapters made for the vehicle you will be lifting.

Safe Jacks makes kits specific for off-roading and you can buy adapters for it for specific vehicles or wide enough to go around your frame. They aren't cheap, but they are high quality and with the proper adapters are probably your safest bet for lifting your vehicle.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think @MrJoe has done what most of the folks with hi-lifts have done (or almost done). Hi-lift jacks aren't car jacks. They are farm implements. @emulous74 is spot on. A good bottle jack is a much more appropriate tool for the job, 99 44/100% of the time.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So do you think the factory rock rails are attached well to the frame or are they just to protect the door frame?

You think you can lift the car on them?
Once you get your Bronco, try it in the driveway before you get on the trail and let us know if it works. :p

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi lifts bad IMO

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As early as reveal night Ford was stating that each rail was designed to "support half the weight of the vehicle."
Was it half? I thought I remembered reading 1.5x the weight of the vehicle being supported on each side.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think hi lifts are P’sOS.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think @MrJoe has done what most of the folks with hi-lifts have done (or almost done). Hi-lift jacks aren't car jacks. They are farm implements. @emulous74 is spot on. A good bottle jack is a much more appropriate tool for the job, 99 44/100% of the time.
What are you trying to achieve? What's your use case?
just being able to lift the car to change/repair a blown tire on a lifted vehicle
Sponsored