First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am currently looking for a new winch mount bumper to replace my stock one. I will be mounting a Warn VR EVO 10k with synthetic line. My main concern is adding weight to the front end. How much will cause it to sag. My Bronco is a 2023 Wildtrack. Upgrades so far full set of RCI aluminum skids and under hood mount ARB twin compressor. Iā€™m not against going with an aluminum bumper like the JCR Vanguard to save weight, but concerned about strength in a recovery situation.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am currently looking for a new winch mount bumper to replace my stock one. I will be mounting a Warn VR EVO 10k with synthetic line. My main concern is adding weight to the front end. How much will cause it to sag. My Bronco is a 2023 Wildtrack. Upgrades so far full set of RCI aluminum skids and under hood mount ARB twin compressor. Iā€™m not against going with an aluminum bumper like the JCR Vanguard to save weight, but concerned about strength in a recovery situation.
Will depend on the final total combined weight. My BAMF winch bumper and Warn 10k winch resulted in about 1/2" of front sag. A front level kit should take care of you.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It absolutely will sag plus the weight it high and forward. I went with a hidden winch mount because it kept it lower and more aft. I ended up installing a 1" spacer lift from Rock Krawler to the front which more than compensated for the sag.

https://rockkrawler.com/bronco-1-0-inch-adventure-system/

Sponsored

Diller

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 F250, 2012 Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an ARB Summit bumper and a Warn Zeon 10s, which by estimate is about 250#. Dropped my front about 3/4". I will be installing a 1" leveling kit soon.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the JCR Vanguard with Bull Bar in aluminum. Weight of the bumper with the Bull Bar and pod lights/wiring installed was 50#.
I have a Superwinch 12K synthetic that I have not installed yet, but the total weight should come to around 110#, or slightly more than just a steel bumper.
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6FV.html

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went with the JCR in aluminum and warn vr10ā€¦not much sag over the Stock plastic bumper but also did a 3ā€ zone liftā€¦.have not done any heavy side pulls (put on TD frame reinforcing) but not very worried about itā€¦
IMG_0456.jpeg

Bronco Flyers

Raptor
First Name
Randy and Stef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor & Gen 2 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you take a look at the Lobo Off-Road WNC front bumper? Itā€™s designed to work with the Warn EVO series winches. Lobo is a B6G sponsor and Chris is great to work with.

Ford Bronco Adding Weight To The Front End IMG_2667

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've added about 500 lbs of armor to my HOSS 2 WT.

BAMF front bumper with winch, JCR full skids, bodyguard rock rails.

Front dropped 1.25 and rear dropped 1".

Eventually will add adjustable shocks to gain height back but i can barely get out of the garage now when my RTT is on.

Been like that for a year...no issues..and actually it puts my CV and steering at the perfect angle (straight).

Did require an alignment though.
Sponsored