First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious if any one has an opinion on stashing a key fob on vehicle with a magnetic case . It does not work until being taken out of case. Good idea or bad? Thanks.

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious if any one has an opinion on stashing a key fob on vehicle with a magnetic case . It does not work until being taken out of case. Good idea or bad? Thanks.

Ford Bronco Hiding a spare fob. IMG_0082

I think it is a good idea depending on how strong the magnets are, and will it hold the fob in place without it being jarred loose. The concept makes sense though.
Where did you get the fob case?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen some that slide into the trailer hitch (and are lockable). Seems like a good place to securely store something and not worry about losing it.

https://www.amazon.ca/HitchSafe-HS7000T-HS7000-Key-Vault/dp/B000I66JEM

Even with strong magnets, I'd worry about it falling off the vehicle. These fobs are expensive to replace. As mentioned earlier, the keypad is a much better option (IMO).

Iowa Hawkeye

Big Bend
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been wanting to add the key pad, can you leave the key fob inside the vehicle when locking with the key pad? sorry to hijack your thread, I would make sure those magnets are super strong and still wire the box on for extra holding power

Sponsored

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ‘60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wanting to add the key pad, can you leave the key fob inside the vehicle when locking with the key pad? sorry to hijack your thread, I would make sure those magnets are super strong and still wire the box on for extra holding power
Yes, I leave my fob inside and then lock (just hit two buttons simultaneously) it from the keypad. I tucked into my fuel door for looks and concealment. Works great and easy to program. Zero stress losing the key when out hiking or such and the kids know the keypad # if they need to get something out if we are separated.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup, works great for that! I do not have one on my Bronco, but for my F-150 I used it a few times when I dropped it off at my local 4x4 shop for some work, before they opened. Left it hidden inside the truck, and set a code for them to unlock the doors. Easy to add/remove a code (at least on the truck it was easy).

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind there aren't that many places to hide it, and the thieves know where it would be. Especially if you plan to use it (like you're a runner and don't want to carry it with you), beware. Personally I wouldn't, but given your circumstances, perhaps it makes sense.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

i just use my door pad code myself but yeah why not

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want to go the extra mile for concealment -- get the keypad, and then hide the extra FOB in the engine compartment. That would be an extra step a thief would have to go through to find it... but would also require you to do that 2-step process.

So many possibilities... so little time!
Sponsored