Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello All,
I am looking to find a winch capable bumper that will be what I want to call high and tight. I have found a couple of manufactures that have some that I like but was wondering on the feedback from the community on them. I want something that is accessible for the clutch and not be out in the front of the rig making daily parking for the wife worrying about clearance in the front and the look at me I off road ego. I have found BAMF makes a Hybrid winch bumper, Body Guard and LOBO make a WNC I have included pictures below. have also thought about the Turn off road EAW M1 that mounts to the front of a capable or mod bumper. If I went that way I thought about using an Anderson connector and when I am driving daily remove it and when I leave to go overlanding mount it back on. I just don't like the way they look on the front and have heard of issues with when they are used people have had issues with the frame horns. Background for using will be forest roads and some light off roading and in 2 years I have never had to pull a line from our Jeep or needed one with the Bronco Badlands but want the insurance as I will be doing some more backcountry by myself and want the extra insurance. Any input would be great especially if you have any experience with these bumpers.

BAMF2-169-3S.jpg

BAMF2-169-2S.jpg

10__08477__09808.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

images.jpeg
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello All,
I am looking to find a winch capable bumper that will be what I want to call high and tight. I have found a couple of manufactures that have some that I like but was wondering on the feedback from the community on them. I want something that is accessible for the clutch and not be out in the front of the rig making daily parking for the wife worrying about clearance in the front and the look at me I off road ego. I have found BAMF makes a Hybrid winch bumper, Body Guard and LOBO make a WNC I have included pictures below. have also thought about the Turn off road EAW M1 that mounts to the front of a capable or mod bumper. If I went that way I thought about using an Anderson connector and when I am driving daily remove it and when I leave to go overlanding mount it back on. I just don't like the way they look on the front and have heard of issues with when they are used people have had issues with the frame horns. Background for using will be forest roads and some light off roading and in 2 years I have never had to pull a line from our Jeep or needed one with the Bronco Badlands but want the insurance as I will be doing some more backcountry by myself and want the extra insurance. Any input would be great especially if you have any experience with these bumpers.

BAMF2-169-3S.jpg

BAMF2-169-2S.jpg

10__08477__09808.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg

images.jpeg
I went BAMF hybrid and super happy with it. It is heavy duty and the special powdercoating is awesome. Delivery company scratched front tow hook down to bare metal and BAMF sent me a bag of powder. Heat gun and powder and looks like new....really cool stuff.

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/BAMF-Powder-Coat-Repair-Powder_p_84.html

20230706_144609.jpg

20230317_191428.jpg

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the BAMF overland bumper. Great fit with top notch fabrication. BAMF has them on sale right now too.

Ford Bronco High and Tight winch bumpers IMG_6852
Ford Bronco High and Tight winch bumpers IMG_6199

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went BAMF hybrid and super happy with it. It is heavy duty and the special powdercoating is awesome. Delivery company scratched front tow hook down to bare metal and BAMF sent me a bag of powder. Heat gun and powder and looks like new....really cool stuff.

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/BAMF-Powder-Coat-Repair-Powder_p_84.html

20230706_144609.jpg

20230317_191428.jpg
Nice ride! I read they had touch that was simple when looking them up. They also have a nice look to them.
I went with the BAMF overland bumper. Great fit with top notch fabrication. BAMF has them on sale right now too.

are you running their skid or is that factory? It looks like it is protecting the lower control arm nuts on the inside, which I think is a plus.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am happy with @Lobo Off-Road WNC bumper and skid. I can reach the clutch easily, and it sticks out less than two inches further than stock, so no meaningful impact on the front camera if you have it.

Stock:
Ford Bronco High and Tight winch bumpers IMG_8914

Lobo:
Ford Bronco High and Tight winch bumpers IMG_8928

Ford Bronco High and Tight winch bumpers IMG_9086

Sponsored

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco High and Tight winch bumpers IMG_1868
I am happy with @Lobo Off-Road WNC bumper and skid. I can reach the clutch easily, and it sticks out less than two inches further than stock, so no meaningful impact on the front camera if you have it.

Stock:

Lobo:

I will second this on the Lobo winch bumper. I looked for quite a while, and when I found this one, I immediately pulled the trigger. I never found anything else that compared in terms not sticking out real far and/or being bulky. Also the owner, Chris, was very communicative in the meantime between when I ordered and when the bumper shipped.

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock:

Lobo:

I do like this one, even the mesh grates match up well with the Badlands grill

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like that it does not protrude way out like others. One video I watched showed the intercooler shutters being removed, was there any issues with CEL or anything?

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
are you running their skid or is that factory? It looks like it is protecting the lower control arm nuts on the inside, which I think is a plus.
All my skids are from RCI. Rails too.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like that it does not protrude way out like others. One video I watched showed the intercooler shutters being removed, was there any issues with CEL or anything?
No issues. There are a couple extra steps with the Lobo install, but that’s how they get the bumper tucked in so well. I’m very happy with the end result.

Sponsored

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks amazing. That’s got to take the prize. I love the BD light bar also. You can still reach everything you need to with it mounted? I would definitely consider it an option, but I really don’t want to relocate my ACC. I moved it in my F250 and while it worked, never as well as it did in its stock location.

Igotsoul4u

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak, Mercedes GLC43
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am looking at the ADD Rock Fighter bumper. On the lower profile side IMO. Love the looks and lighting options.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled the trigger on the Lobo WNC yesterday, added the frame brace/crash bar delete and the acc relocate. I’ve looked at every bumper made for the last two years, this is the lowest profile bumper you can purchase.

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know it's not the style your going for, but the fab fours stubby is what I have and absolutely love it.

Btw, beware of how any winch bumper mounts, is important to have multiple Angles bolted down, not just the stock ones of the front
Sponsored