Sponsored

Hill Start Assist and Pre-Collision Warning errors after pushing Trail Assist button...

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello,

I see that others have had Hill Start Assist and Pre-Collision Warning errors but I didn't see any instances of this happening after pushing the Trail Assist button.

It happen to me so I turned the Bronco off and then started it again, still errors.... The Cruise Control also did not work...

The errors cleared by the next morning so I scheduled service for Bronco (was 2 weeks out...), parked bronco, took rental car out west for 2 weeks.

Now for the concerning part: On our way back the service department called me and suggested since the errors cleared that it probably wouldn't be anything they could do but still offered to look at it. This Bronco is my first new car and my first Ford ever. The dealership has been amazing to work with and I have recommended them to anyone who will listen but have others had a service department try and talk you out of looking into an error on a new car?

I am retired from 25 years of IT and one of the things I always attempted first was root cause analysis, provided the system wasn't down. I also tried not to prejudge an issue until I looked at the logs, data or procedure that created the error. Based upon the initial feedback from the service department I assume they don't have data or logs they can look at to troubleshoot a problem like this, is this true?

I welcome any thoughts or suggestions,
Travis

P-zlLO09cDsd_z2k9Eq722f3dCtGixwy6TRgGIpHZL7RT6WZhA.png

K0W3363hfk9ouHIqifM07KnAcZ7WZZls_vaZbcTn5hY-511jgc.png
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello,

I see that others have had Hill Start Assist and Pre-Collision Warning errors but I didn't see any instances of this happening after pushing the Trail Assist button.

It happen to me so I turned the Bronco off and then started it again, still errors.... The Cruise Control also did not work...

The errors cleared by the next morning so I scheduled service for Bronco (was 2 weeks out...), parked bronco, took rental car out west for 2 weeks.

Now for the concerning part: On our way back the service department called me and suggested since the errors cleared that it probably wouldn't be anything they could do but still offered to look at it. This Bronco is my first new car and my first Ford ever. The dealership has been amazing to work with and I have recommended them to anyone who will listen but have others had a service department try and talk you out of looking into an error on a new car?

I am retired from 25 years of IT and one of the things I always attempted first was root cause analysis, provided the system wasn't down. I also tried not to prejudge an issue until I looked at the logs, data or procedure that created the error. Based upon the initial feedback from the service department I assume they don't have data or logs they can look at to troubleshoot a problem like this, is this true?

I welcome any thoughts or suggestions,
Travis

Ford Bronco Hill Start Assist and Pre-Collision Warning errors after pushing Trail Assist button... K0W3363hfk9ouHIqifM07KnAcZ7WZZls_vaZbcTn5hY-511jgc

Ford Bronco Hill Start Assist and Pre-Collision Warning errors after pushing Trail Assist button... K0W3363hfk9ouHIqifM07KnAcZ7WZZls_vaZbcTn5hY-511jgc
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The vehicles computer will log DTCs—Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Similar in many ways to REST codes like Error 500, 401, 200, 501, etc.

From there they have to figure out what’s wrong.

In the IT world it is all primarily in software, so it’s fairly easy to troubleshoot. Usually the software, if it was written properly, will tell you exactly what went wrong. Vehicles are obviously more hardware than software, so it’s a bit more complicated. You just have codes that lead you to look in a specific direction, but they won’t necessarily tell you what’s wrong.

It’s similar to a server in your data center that runs fine 95% of the time. But occasionally you’ll see memory read errors in the logs right before the server completely crashes on you. Turns out it was a bad stick of memory, but there is nothing specifically in the logs that say “hey you, this RAM module is bad”.

OP
OP
1stBroncoBase

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
RagnarKon,

You make a good point about hardware and now that you point it out, I'm sure most of the cars I have owned had very little software on them and are much older\cheaper. Also now that I think of it, the warning lights I have seen on my cars stay on 90% of the time, they do not go away after sitting over night.

I appreciate the perspective,
Travis

The vehicles computer will log DTCs—Diagnostic Trouble Codes. Similar in many ways to REST codes like Error 500, 401, 200, 501, etc.

From there they have to figure out what’s wrong.

In the IT world it is all primarily in software, so it’s fairly easy to troubleshoot. Usually the software, if it was written properly, will tell you exactly what went wrong. Vehicles are obviously more hardware than software, so it’s a bit more complicated. You just have codes that lead you to look in a specific direction, but they won’t necessarily tell you what’s wrong.

It’s similar to a server in your data center that runs fine 95% of the time. But occasionally you’ll see memory read errors in the logs right before the server completely crashes on you. Turns out it was a bad stick of memory, but there is nothing specifically in the logs that say “hey you, this RAM module is bad”.

OP
OP
1stBroncoBase

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Thank you so much! Message sent!

Travis

OP
OP
1stBroncoBase

1stBroncoBase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford advised that they can only troubleshoot this issue when it is happening, returning vehicle.

If others have this happen please let me know.

Thank you,
Travis
Sponsored