Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folks, don't be fooled . . . a well organized, fully stocked First Aid Kit will be of little value if you don't take quality time to understand basic First Aid treatment techniques. A few have posted in this thread similar thoughts, but it cannot be stressed enough. It is clear that some who have posted here are very experienced and would know what to do, but probably the average B6G poster has no medical background or knowledge of basic First Aid techniques. Therefore I would argue that a good First Aid instructional book is as important as the First Aid Kit itself. Here is a recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/ACEP-First-Manual-Step-Step/dp/1465419500

Tip: Read and be at least lightly familiar with the material when you first get the book, then keep it under a seat or in a permanent storage spot in your Bronco. Don't wait until there is an injury or other medical emergency to open the book for the first time. 😕

First AId Manual.PNG
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!
Sponsored

Reactions: sjp

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks, don't be fooled . . . a well organized, fully stocked First Aid Kit will be of little value if you don't take quality time to understand basic First Aid treatment techniques. A few have posted in this thread similar thoughts, but it cannot be stressed enough. It is clear that some who have posted here are very experienced and would know what to do, but probably the average B6G poster has no medical background or knowledge of basic First Aid techniques. Therefore I would argue that a good First Aid instructional book is as important as the First Aid Kit itself. Here is a recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/ACEP-First-Manual-Step-Step/dp/1465419500

Tip: Read and be at least lightly familiar with the material when you first get the book, then keep it under a seat or in a permanent storage spot in your Bronco. Don't wait until there is an injury or other medical emergency to open the book for the first time. 😕

First AId Manual.PNG
And I should have added . . . just using a book is the lazy man's approach . . .the BEST path is to take an actual course in First Aid. You can look up a source in your own community . . . the Red Cross and often local fire departments or even hospitals that sponsor community classes can be effective. If you have time, do this in conjunction with the book.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that a lot of companies make great kits but I have found that if I build one myself, I know what is in there and some of the stuff that companies include are poor quality (adhesive bandages with poor adhesive?). Build your own with stuff you know you will use.

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you would be better off mounting the seat-belt cutter/window punch somewhere near the driver seat that you can reach it. It does you no good if you are trapped and you can use it, because its in the back.
The other thing I do with my 1st aid kits is put all the items that expire in a zip lock bag. If I am not going to use the car for a while, I pull the bag an bring it in the house. Heat isn't good for your meds. Plus, it is easier once a year to go through everything and replace what has expired.
Sponsored