Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi folks,

I'm looking at some winch options for my Bronco, and have a couple questions for folks who are running the Ford Performance Winch Kit:

• Any general feedback (good or bad) on the setup in general?
  • With this setup, I would need to remove my current light bar on my front modular bumper - Do you have LED light pods mounted anyway to your safari bar? I'm looking for some suitable options that look good.
  • Have you used your winch at all? Any issues with bending frame horns?
  • Any issues with the ACC? I know the front parking sensors need to be de-activated, but curious if the ACC still works without issue/without relocating the sensor?

Picture of my current setup, for reference (knowing the light bar would need to go).

Thanks in advance!

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Winch Kit + Lights IMG_2604
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed it 2-3 months ago!!

Any general feedback (good or bad) on the setup in general?
In my case I had to install it on the capable bumper, so I had to make some modifications. Since you actually have the bumper it is meant for, I don't expect any issues.

There were a handful of minor typos in the install manual, but other than that... easy peasy.
With this setup, I would need to remove my current light bar on my front modular bumper - Do you have LED light pods mounted anyway to your safari bar? I'm looking for some suitable options that look good.
I'm working on this issue right now, as I have the same problem you have. In my case it will be the Heretic light bar rather than the light pods you have, but same problem.

Hopefully someone has some good options.
Have you used your winch at all? Any issues with bending frame horns?
Yes I have. Done a few recoveries but none were particularly difficult, so nothing really to report there. Its biggest test was probably moving some oak logs around my yard two weekends ago. No issues.

One of the reasons why I went with the Ford Performance kit is because it included reinforcements for the frame horns unlike just about all of the aftermarket kits.
Any issues with the ACC? I know the front parking sensors need to be de-activated, but curious if the ACC still works without issue/without relocating the sensor?
Mid package owner here, so can't say. But based on the instruction manual Adaptive Cruise Control is not compatible with the winch.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed it 2-3 months ago!!

In my case I had to install it on the capable bumper, so I had to make some modifications. Since you actually have the bumper it is meant for, I don't expect any issues.

There were a handful of minor typos in the install manual, but other than that... easy peasy.

I'm working on this issue right now, as I have the same problem you have. In my case it will be the Heretic light bar rather than the light pods you have, but same problem.

Hopefully someone has some good options.

Yes I have. Done a few recoveries but none were particularly difficult, so nothing really to report there. Its biggest test was probably moving some oak logs around my yard two weekends ago. No issues.

One of the reasons why I went with the Ford Performance kit is because it included reinforcements for the frame horns unlike just about all of the aftermarket kits.

Mid package owner here, so can't say. But based on the instruction manual Adaptive Cruise Control is not compatible with the winch.
As usual, extremely helpful - Thank you!

I really hope some folks have good ideas/setups for the lights. I think some round pods could look good, but I need some pictures of a Bronco with this exact setup and the lights to visualize it on how they mounted them.

Also, regarding the ACC, I noticed the below snippet from their website. It makes it sound like it will work, however I wasn't sure??

LUX Package Radar Adaptive Speed Control must be set to 'normal' using Featured settings. The radar bracket is behind the winch, a driver message "Adaptive Cruise Not Available Sensor Blocked" will be present. Customers desiring a Winch can change Cruise preferences Press Driver Assistance select Cruise Control select Normal. A radar re-location bracket is not available.

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what fog lamp set up are you using and are you happy with it thanks

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, regarding the ACC, I noticed the below snippet from their website. It makes it sound like it will work, however I wasn't sure??

LUX Package Radar Adaptive Speed Control must be set to 'normal' using Featured settings. The radar bracket is behind the winch, a driver message "Adaptive Cruise Not Available Sensor Blocked" will be present. Customers desiring a Winch can change Cruise preferences Press Driver Assistance select Cruise Control select Normal. A radar re-location bracket is not available.
Yeah "normal" refers to as just normal old-fashioned cruise control.... without the adaptive part. Effectively disables the sensor.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So nobody has or has seen a good setup of AUX lights on this "safari bar" in front of the winch? :unsure: I find it odd considering so many folks have this winch setup, or something similar with a bar like that.

Even if you have a smaller light bar attached to this, I'd be interested to know the size and how you mounted it.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Winch Kit + Lights 1700753246482

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So nobody has or has seen a good setup of AUX lights on this "safari bar" in front of the winch? :unsure: I find it odd considering so many folks have this winch setup, or something similar with a bar like that.

Even if you have a smaller light bar attached to this, I'd be interested to know the size and how you mounted it.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Winch Kit + Lights 1700753246482
American Users: Celebrating Thanksgiving with their family today

@604Bronco who celebrated Thanksgiving back in October: Where the hell is everyone!!!!

Kidding aside, I'm sure you will get some people that will chime eventually. My 2 cents is I would look at aftermarket brands that address ACC and front camera.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

American Users: Celebrating Thanksgiving with their family today

@604Bronco who celebrated Thanksgiving back in October: Where the hell is everyone!!!!

Kidding aside, I'm sure you will get some people that will chime eventually. My 2 cents is I would look at aftermarket brands that address ACC and front camera.
It wasn't Thanksgiving yesterday... 😁

I don't overly care about the ACC or front camera. The front camera will still work, just be blocked a bit... Probably not much more than it is already with my light bar. And the ACC I very rarely use.

Sponsored

Beaux1

Black Diamond
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 & 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been on the fence over the Ford Performance Winch, but I just order one for my Black Diamond. I’m not sure how much the front will drop, anyone know?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven't installed mine yet but I also never intended to run a light bar up front - I have a pair of Hella 500s at the moment (which will be replaced with similar sized/shaped LED lamps at some point) that should flank the winch fine.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been on the fence over the Ford Performance Winch, but I just order one for my Black Diamond. I’m not sure how much the front will drop, anyone know?
About an inch on my Badlands non-Sas 2.3L (pics in this thread). Your mileage drop may vary obviously.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading forums while watching Football and digestion.

To what you are speaking about, I have a Warn Winch setup, in a Warn Bumper. I used an ACC relocate for it, I think a DV8 ??? and my camera is not really blocked. For lights, well I have rigid pod ditch, and the rigid light bar hooked up to the aux switches.

Where you see the 3 silver nuts behind the grill is where my ACC is now. My ACC works fine btw.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Winch Kit + Lights 1700785481396

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone with connections need to ask Ford(or Ford Performance) why they show their winch kit with provisions for the relocation of the front camera, 2 parking aid sensors, and ACC unit on Ford Performance by Factor 55 "Red" Ultrahook pictures on the Ford Performance website???
Sponsored