Sponsored

Hood ajar notification while driving down the road?

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to me as well (bronco delivered 11.7.22). After the APIM was replaced (module for center screen). the alarm started randomly going off, stating the hood was raised. They tried adjusting the hood latch, but a couple days after that, it went off again. They replaced the hood latch/sensor almost 2 weeks ago, and no issues since.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the same issue on my 2022 Badlands 2 door which is 2 months old. One month into my ownership, driving down the highway I get an alert saying my hood is ajar. Funny, because I hadn't even opened my hood since I picked up the new car 3-4 weeks prior. Looked closed, but I opened and closed it, and it seemed to go away. Yesterday evening, the car alarm went off in my garage for no apparent reason. I shut it off right away, and I did not receive any notifications on my phone / app. I am wondering if it is the darn hood sensor. Not sure if bringing it in to the dealership will help, as I am positive the response will be the typical "we couldn't replicate the problem", which they did for 2 other issues with the Bronco.
Hey there! I can look into your Broncoā€™s concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

csommer512

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 OG Bronco, Golf R, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happening to my Wildtrak delivered on 11/4/22. Both randomly while driving and twice while parked

Xcorpstim

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m having the same issue with the hood ajar. Light comes on while driving and alarm goes off when parked. We took delivery in early December 2022. Must be a bad batch of sensors. Anyone have any luck at the dealership getting the latch assembly replaced? Iā€™m sure they wonā€™t be able to duplicate the problem.

BroncoNC

Badlands
First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the same issue with the hood ajar warning while driving. Received the Badlands Bronco in November of 22.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™m having the same issue with the hood ajar. Light comes on while driving and alarm goes off when parked. We took delivery in early December 2022. Must be a bad batch of sensors. Anyone have any luck at the dealership getting the latch assembly replaced? Iā€™m sure they wonā€™t be able to duplicate the problem.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am having the same issue with the hood ajar warning while driving. Received the Badlands Bronco in November of 22.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

AZsquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took delivery of my Bronco last week. Started doing this yesterday. Definitely must be a bad batch of sensors

ernie3

Outer Banks
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 F350, 3.0 Q5, 454 C3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Add me to the list, happened while parked in my driveway, '23 OBX delivered on 12/23. The alarm button on the remote stopped the horn and It cleared after I opened and closed the hood.

Questions: How long will the horn blow if I'm not there to hit the remote? Will the "Horn & Lights" button in the Ford Pass app silence it?

Grr1179

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to me this evening. 2022 Badlands I picked up on 11/12/2022. Driving down street and hood ajar alert came on. I pulled over, opened and shut hood and alert did not go off. Turned off truck and restarted and did not go off. Finally went off 10 mins later while driving.

Sponsored

Bennys_88

Raptor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2022 Raptor Bronco and have the same issues. I have less than 200 miles and yesterday was the first time it did it while I was driving. Prior to that, I was getting hood alarm trigger warnings on my Ford Pass app when the car was parked in my driveway. I had one at 2am, 4:30am and the alarm has gone off about 4 times in my driveway while the key was in my house hanging from the key rack.

I really donā€™t feel like taking my brand new car into the dealership since they never have loaners but I am afraid Iā€™ll need this situation documented in case it becomes worse. Itā€™s unfortunate that a car with the premium I paid is having issues at 36 miles of purchase.

AnimalTheBoxer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Similar issue popped up for me last night. Delivered end of Nov ā€˜22 Outer Banks trim, just over 1100 miles. Had never opened the hood and last night I got the warning while driving around 30mph. Had just started driving, ambient was high 40ā€™s. Opened and shut the hood a couple times and couldnā€™t get the warning to clear, so took side roads home. After ~10 min driving, and the car warming up, the warning cleared itself. Parked, then approx 90 min later the alarm went off. Unfortunately for my neighbors it was 2:40am, and I was dead asleep. Will check out the linked thread above if anyone has fixed this. Can take it to the dealer, but thatā€™s a hassle.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2022 Raptor Bronco and have the same issues. I have less than 200 miles and yesterday was the first time it did it while I was driving. Prior to that, I was getting hood alarm trigger warnings on my Ford Pass app when the car was parked in my driveway. I had one at 2am, 4:30am and the alarm has gone off about 4 times in my driveway while the key was in my house hanging from the key rack.

I really donā€™t feel like taking my brand new car into the dealership since they never have loaners but I am afraid Iā€™ll need this situation documented in case it becomes worse. Itā€™s unfortunate that a car with the premium I paid is having issues at 36 miles of purchase.
Hi there, Benny. If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and Iā€™ll look into this hood warning concern. Thanks!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Similar issue popped up for me last night. Delivered end of Nov ā€˜22 Outer Banks trim, just over 1100 miles. Had never opened the hood and last night I got the warning while driving around 30mph. Had just started driving, ambient was high 40ā€™s. Opened and shut the hood a couple times and couldnā€™t get the warning to clear, so took side roads home. After ~10 min driving, and the car warming up, the warning cleared itself. Parked, then approx 90 min later the alarm went off. Unfortunately for my neighbors it was 2:40am, and I was dead asleep. Will check out the linked thread above if anyone has fixed this. Can take it to the dealer, but thatā€™s a hassle.
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's alarm concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

AldoNY

Wildtrak
First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here went off twice , sent u a DM with info .
Sponsored