Sponsored

Hood ajar notification while driving down the road?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add me to list. I’ve owned my 2 door Badlands for 3 days and I got the “hood is ajar” warning within the first 70 miles the first day. Alarm triggered at 5am the first night. Day 2, nothing. Today, day 3, alarm triggered in driveway then got the hood is ajar warning 2 mins into a drive. @Ford Motor Company must know this is an issue. They have to know it’s a problem if I knew about it before I purchased my vehicle. That’s why I didn’t freak out and pull over when I got the hood warning. My neighbors are going to be less than pleased when it goes off again.
Hi there, Dave! Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info and I’ll look into this hood ajar warning for you. Thanks!
Sponsored

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had to deal with Hood Flutter.... the corners of the hood flutters on highway rides.... turn the Plastic support up and that cancels the flutter but in no time the flutter is back and have to redo the process again. Seems in design they left out something like supports with lock screws. Anyone else have this issue??

Last edited:

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the flutter too.
I have had do deal with Hood Flutter.... the corners of the hood flutters on highway rides.... turn the Plastic support up and that cancels the flutter but in no time the flutter is back and have to redo the process again. Seems in design they left out something like supports with lock screws. Anyone else have this issue??
I have the flutter too. I raised the bump stops and it helped but still got the hood alarm. I put them back down to see if it was related and the alarm still activated. I’m just dealing with Ford Corp and stopping by a dealer today.

I’ll post back if anything gets fixed.

OWLF1

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands; 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is. Ford has already released an SSM detailing this. Hood latch replacement is the repair.
Do you happen to know if the SSM has a reference number or happen to have a link?

The FMC representative plugging on this thread opened a case with the customer team for me, but when I called, the customer team “looked at” me like a deer in the headlights when I was explaining to them my issue…have an apt at my dealer (earliest was 3 weeks) but was hoping to avoid the hem haw shuffle for what seems to be a clear issue.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you happen to know if the SSM has a reference number or happen to have a link?

The FMC representative plugging on this thread opened a case with the customer team for me, but when I called, the customer team “looked at” me like a deer in the headlights when I was explaining to them my issue…have an apt at my dealer (earliest was 3 weeks) but was hoping to avoid the hem haw shuffle for what seems to be a clear issue.
Ford Bronco Hood ajar notification while driving down the road? IMG_0853

Sponsored

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So. What @Ducati1098 said. What I learned and you can see that @Ford Motor Company asked for me to contact them with my VIN. I was excited. They are here to help. Like the government. They reached out and were very responsive. However, I was told via email I had another recall on my vehicle and don’t drive it until I talk to them. I responded and said I see the “lug nut torque” recall but my VIN is not one of them. Turns out it does not pertain to me. I asked “I thought this was about my hood issue.” She said you need to contact a dealer. Well thank you. I already knew that.

Sorry for being long winded and I’m going to post this in all hood latch questions in here.

So from lessons learned. Don’t even bother with the social media people reaching it to you. It’s a smoke screen

Print off what Ducati posted for the SSM, screen shot the Ford Pass notifications and print them. Bring them to your dealer. It should save you a diagnostics visit and they will order you the part and schedule you. That’s what I did with a dealer I didn’t even buy mine from. As everyone knows appointments are always 3-5 weeks. So save yourself some time. Makes answering the questionnaires so difficult. Do you trust ford? The answer is no, but you don’t want to screw with the nice person that works for ford.

I hope this helps out our community.

crankwerks86

Badlands
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the hood ajar warning error on my 2023 Wildtrak as well. Started occurring with about 700mi on the odometer and would sporadically reoccur. Finally took it in after eating lunch on Easter and the car alarm went off because it thought the hood was open. Took the a total of 3 days to diagnose and replace the hood latch assembly. Put about 500 miles on it since getting it back but I have not had the hood open either. Fingers crossed that the fix holds.

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the hood ajar warning error on my 2023 Wildtrak as well. Started occurring with about 700mi on the odometer and would sporadically reoccur. Finally took it in after eating lunch on Easter and the car alarm went off because it thought the hood was open. Took the a total of 3 days to diagnose and replace the hood latch assembly. Put about 500 miles on it since getting it back but I have not had the hood open either. Fingers crossed that the fix holds.
That’s why I posted my experience. You wouldn’t have had to waste diagnostics time if Ford sent the info out faster. It was the first my service department has seen but since I had a copy of the SSM it was supper easy. So pass the word. Forums are great to get the word out that something sucks. But you never get how it worked out. Thanks for posting your results and hope it stays that way. If it wasn’t for this forum I never would have known that was an issue.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need FORD to fix my F&*king wipers before I can contemplate the non-dangerous aspect of the "hood ajar" warning showing up while driving.

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the flutter too.
I have the flutter too. I raised the bump stops and it helped but still got the hood alarm. I put them back down to see if it was related and the alarm still activated. I’m just dealing with Ford Corp and stopping by a dealer today.

I’ll post back if anything gets fixed.
I did adjust the Bumps... but since they are plastic they return to the wrong position just by the vibrations. I used plumbers tape but still not working. Who else has this problem and what did you do to elevate it.... if it did??

Sponsored

Jabaen

Raptor
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Tractor, 76 Bronco, 03 Ranger, 20 F250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve also received the hood ajar warning several times since picking up my Bronco. Haven’t had the alarm go off though. For me it has only happened while driving off road though. Figured something to do with the rough terrain. Pretty annoying to have beeping at you while trying to navigate a difficult obstacle. Opening and closing the hood usually does the trick. I don’t have any alerts in my Ford Pass app but, will take a copy of the SSM to my dealer and see what can be done.

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a few months ago, i played with the rubber stops a bit and thus far, this notification has gone away (knock on wood).

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issue. The dealer replaced the hood latch (under warranty). This corrected the problem.

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i had this happen a few times a couple weeks ago and it was annoying as all get out as i was on a 7200 mile trip across the country... i physically pushed the spring mechanism up and down a few times and it hasnt came back since. worth a try anyway for yall.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I am joining this club of hood ajar and alarms going off at all hours of the day and night in my garage. I have had in the shop 3X for this problem and 3 times for parking sensors which has been resolved. I live a 100 miles from the dealership and asked them to come up and pick the Bronco up and do not return it until it is resolved or take the Bronco back. I am so pissed at this point it is souring me on Ford products. This is from someone who has bought a dozen + Fords over the years! Very upsetting! Any solid resolution to this problem.
Sponsored