Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all,

I found a bunch of older posts in this topic but I wanted to ask those who bought the aero skin 2 to provide some updates! I just joined the bronco family and i live in Florida so im interested in the deflector for both bugs and rocks. That said, the hood bounce that some report concerns me.

So, those who bought the aero skin 2, how has it been? Pros and cons??
Welcome to the club fellow Floridian! Yes the deflector works well. The hood fluttering can be minimized by adjusting the two rubber stops under the hood upward.
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since this thread is getting activity, what all do you think about my post here?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lector-flutter-test.50535/page-3#post-1729234

My last bump stop adjustment has only lasted 400 or 500 miles before I feel like I need to raise them again. Sometimes catching wind from a semi exaggerates it more. Any reason why threadlocker on these plastic screws would harm them? Loctite #242 is good to like 300 Fahrenheit. #243 may be safer but probably not necessary for that kind of heat.

Dabo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? IMG_0764.JPG

Installed day 1. I think it works great at redirecting airborne insects on roads under 45 MPH. Some insects will make it through at highway speeds. Most road debris will probably still find the windshield. My goal is to protect the front edge of the hood. You might have to extend hood stops to minimize fluttering as mine were not adjusted out of the factory and the hood would shake so violently that I would have to pull over and verify my hood was still latched.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I highly recommend the weathertech one, it seems to prevent 90% of the rocks and bugs that were hitting my windshield.

Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? 20221227_150228

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_0764.JPG

Installed day 1. I think it works great at redirecting airborne insects on roads under 45 MPH. Some insects will make it through at highway speeds. Most road debris will probably still find the windshield. My goal is to protect the front edge of the hood. You might have to extend hood stops to minimize fluttering as mine were not adjusted out of the factory and the hood would shake so violently that I would have to pull over and verify my hood was still latched.
What deflector is that? Also you ever go to DUMAS meats? I miss that place.

Sponsored

Dabo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What deflector is that? Also you ever go to DUMAS meats? I miss that place.
Bronco 2021-2022 Aeroskin II Black Textured Trail-Armor Hood Deflector
Part Number: VM2DZ16C900B.

Dumas is a great place. Its been awhile since I changed residences and left behind my deep freezer and grill, but used to go there for beef hearts (for my dogs), burgers and the bulk specials.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if you take notice, the Ford hood protector IS the aero skin from bushwacker. Says it right on the box and in the directions. Just saying
Are you accusing me of reading the directions, huh?...HUH? Step outside, buster!

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have enjoyed mine, I found a gloss black one on Amazon that matches Ford's, and on top of that, it matches my WT gloss grill beautifully 🍻

I had the same flutter issue on the passenger side of the hood at hwy speeds, but a small hood bumper adjustment, gone!

It helps with the bugs, but makes the windshield washer fluid almost useless at hwy speeds lol, it's a give and take, but protects the front of the hood like I wanted.

IMG_20221111_130713_Bokeh.jpg

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the low profile Aeroskin, no bump. Primarily to keep rock chips off the leading edge of the hood.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since this thread is getting activity, what all do you think about my post here?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lector-flutter-test.50535/page-3#post-1729234

My last bump stop adjustment has only lasted 400 or 500 miles before I feel like I need to raise them again. Sometimes catching wind from a semi exaggerates it more. Any reason why threadlocker on these plastic screws would harm them? Loctite #242 is good to like 300 Fahrenheit. #243 may be safer but probably not necessary for that kind of heat.
I don’t know what harm it would cause if you’re having that issue. I haven’t had to adjust mine since I originally did right after purchased.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hood flutter is the result of aluminum and thin materials used in todays cars. Owned a Colorado, Bronco sport, Maverick. All aluminum hoods and thin.

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My hood fluttered before I installed the Aeroskin. I already had some rock chips on the front of my hood so I installed the Aeroskin light shield. It does appear to divert the bugs. I have taken mine through a touch less car wash roughly ten times.
Ford Bronco Hood deflectors - worth it? 2C571B46-4FD6-4C55-883B-9B07EB4FBE04

ChipM

Outer Banks
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4 Door SD, 00 4 Door SD, 65 Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed mine after adding the RTR light bar. Noticed the lightbar caused some softop flutter but deflector seemed to ease it back to original noise levels. Haven't noticed appreciable difference in bugs rocks etc.
Sponsored