Sponsored

How Bad is the Road/Wind Noise With the Hard Top?

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, on the highway, there's a bit of air noise coming from the back. I think that's the price you pay with a off road vehicle with a removable top.
Same.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In real world DB test that have been posted the DB measurements at 70 is exactly the same on soft and hard tops. Just reporting what folks that have tested DB’s have posted.
I'm sure some YouTuber with their IPhone anf a DB app posted a video saying that. With first hand experience I can tell you that is bs... There is absolutely no way possible.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure some YouTuber with their IPhone anf a DB app posted a video saying that. With first hand experience I can tell you that is bs... There is absolutely no way possible.
Quite possible. My friends Badlands soft top is not bad at all. I guess it’s what your used too.

Newbroncowner

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ours had a little wind noise when driving in a 30 mph cross wind. Took the roof rack off just to try and it's quiet. No complaints. Took it through the car wash yesterday and came out dry inside.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Friend of mine in a two door Badlands, roof rails and Ford’s sound deadening headliner. :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco How Bad is the Road/Wind Noise With the Hard Top? 831C69BC-D437-49FE-9985-54D5D7D5C04F

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quite possible. My friends Badlands soft top is not bad at all. I guess it’s what your used too.
I looked it up it WAS was a salesman for a Ford dealer on you tube with a handheld DB meter not a phone app. Not sure the accuracy of those meters but he did use the same meter in all vehicles.

FC07E176-8246-40CC-AF7F-9EE421D8270F.png

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Friend of mine in a two door Badlands, roof rails and Ford’s sound deadening headliner. :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco How Bad is the Road/Wind Noise With the Hard Top? FC07E176-8246-40CC-AF7F-9EE421D8270F
Reads about exactly the same as what the salesman posted above using a DB meter

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked it up it WAS was a salesman for a Ford dealer on you tube with a handheld DB meter not a phone app. Not sure the accuracy of those meters but he did use the same meter in all vehicles.

FC07E176-8246-40CC-AF7F-9EE421D8270F.png
A few points here:

1. If you watch the video when he did the test with the MIC top Bronco he didn't even have all of the latches locked in.

2. He did a test with a Bronco with a Bimini top and it was only at 77 db at 70mph. You can't tell me there is only a 3 db difference between a hard top and a mesh top. Not possible.

3. He did say there was a noticeable sound difference between the soft top and MIC.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few points here:

1. If you watch the video when he did the test with the MIC top Bronco he didn't even have all of the latches locked in.

2. He did a test with a Bronco with a Bimini top and it was only at 77 db at 70mph. You can't tell me there is only a 3 db difference between a hard top and a mesh top. Not possible.

3. He did say there was a noticeable sound difference between the soft top and MIC.
So where are the results of your tests?

I’ll wait for your data and videos.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So where are the results of your tests?

I’ll wait for your data and videos.
Sounds like you're basing you conclusions on a non-standardized test from a salesman trying to sell cars (and has more soft tops to sell). Oh and your Applewatch that has a mic the size of pen tip...

Go drive a softtop and tell me the amount of noise is the same as your MIC top.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you're basing you conclusions on a non-standardized test from a salesman trying to sell cars (and has more soft tops to sell). Oh and your Applewatch that has a mic the size of pen tip...

Go drive a softtop and tell me the amount of noise is the same as your MIC top.
All ready have, soft top is louder.
Sounds like your basing your conclusions on your personal opinion and have no amount of seat time in a Bronco.

Do you even own a Bronco?
Have you even ridden in a Bronco?
Have you seen a

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All ready have, soft top is louder.
Sounds like your basing your conclusions on your personal opinion and have no amount of seat time in a Bronco.

Do you even own a Bronco?
Have you even ridden in a Bronco?
Have you seen a
What are you arguing then? I've said the soft top is noticeably louder all along. Go back and read my first post on this thread.

I have a about 6000 miles on my MIC Bronco and I've driven 3 soft tops, one for a day.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Either way doesn’t seem like it’s a significant amount of difference. ~1-1.5 db max. For me it really doesn’t matter, but is interesting. I didn’t order mine thinking it would be luxury quite in any configuration. Don’t doubt the Apple Watch DB accuracy though as i have read it was compared against calibrated DB meters and was accurate within 1%.
Sponsored