Sponsored

How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!)

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hey NEEDED you to commit to an order so that they could fulfill their outstanding allocation, you did and now that you are "locked in" they are dumping an ADM on top of a verbal agreed upon price. If you bail, they sell it for minimum +$7k ADM, probably more. If you take it they sympathize and only stick you with a $3.5k charge.
Yep. Your dealer's running game, OP.

The first question you gotta ask yourself is whether you want this Bronco enough to buy it from a conman.
Sponsored

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like you put an order in for a very buildable config, soft top big bends have been getting built pretty quick
No they haven’t. My BB soft top order went in in may and I’m still sitting here with nothing but a damn hammock.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright !! . . . Way to go !!

A few days ago, one of the B6G "Experts" said this was impossible -
He said MY21 orders were closed Sept 3rd . . . no way to place new order till MY22 opened . . .

If you have it right, then your experience contradicts the "Expert" claim . . .
Well, my "Expert" dealer told me, (back when I got the email about tops being replaced. End of August?) that I couldn't change my order to a 4-door soft top until the 22' order banks opened. Today he told me that won't be until December 1st. On the Ford owner site it says:

My Reservations, Orders and Purchases
Preproduction computer-generated image(s) shown below. Not representative of your vehicle(s) reserved or ordered.

"Our records show you have no reservations, orders, or purchases.
Please visit our showroom for more vehicle options."

Is this what everyone else is seeing? At this point, I'd love my $100 back and I'd switch dealers. They have botched pretty much everything about this roll out.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that we have gotten the build date he has told me they were wrong and they were going to mark it up by $7000. He is saying he’s fought for me all day and gotten that down to $3500.
What a guy. He fought all day for you. Probably a slug fest of a fight too. You should probably buy him something for Christmas. With any luck, he'll fight for a $3,000 Ford Protect plan with like $100 off. The same one you can buy online for about $1,500. Even in the other post someone linked, the person countered with $5,000 over MSRP when dealer asked for $10k. Why are people nuts? Is it covid? The vaccine? I can't imagine willingly overpaying for stuff (cars, houses etc.) they way people are today. Like there's no regard for money. CRAZY!!!!!

No they haven’t. My BB soft top order went in in may and I’m still sitting here with nothing but a damn hammock.
It's either Ford's screwed up allocation system, or your screwed up dealer. So many dealers don't have a clue.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Change your order. Add sas, 2.7, hardtop. That way the dealer will not get one for a very long time. Take your business elsewhere.
Whoa...I am sort of in love with this idea.

edit: But wait, can you change your build once you have a build date? Wouldn't think so.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whoa...I am sort of in love with this idea.

edit: But wait, can you change your build once you have a build date? Wouldn't think so.
As long as your don't have a VIN you can change it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation or an order? One orders a vehicle after the agreed price is documented and placed on a contract that the buyer signs. Then the order is submitted. A reservation placed a few weeks ago means, the dealer either has a cancellation that meets your reservation, or a stock unit through allocation was produced to meet your reservation. Hence, the sudden ADM . I have ordered several Ford vehicles over the course of my lifetime and I have never ordered one without all the paperwork regarding the sale price signed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As long as your don't have a VIN you can change it.
Ah, yeah I've got a VIN.

I'm on my 2nd call with Ford directly. They needed a "Sales Code" and "Reservation ID" in order to at least pursue the possibility of swapping dealerships. (They have NOT said they can, but are willing to escalate it for me). When I called my dealer he said that they do not have either. I don't think they are lying either.

According to Ford I should have had the Sales Code in my Build Date email and/or from my dealer, but I don't see it anywhere.

As for the Reservation ID I simply don't have one, not even in my reservation conformation email. Ford and I are both very confused by this.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like you put an order in for a very buildable config, soft top big bends have been getting built pretty quick
I ordered a 4dr soft top BB, 2.3 non sas in July to hold me over until my hard top gets built. At least I was hoping but nothing yet…

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IN WRITING
IN WRITING
IN WRITING

How many people are going to continue to learn this lesson the hard way?

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IN WRITING
IN WRITING
IN WRITING

How many people are going to continue to learn this lesson the hard way?
Yeah absolutely. I had no way of knowing I was going to be getting a Build Date within a week. I was set with my dealer to go in TODAY to sign a PO agreeing to MSRP. My luck is also my curse here since the Build Date came in before I could do that. My wife has gone back to teaching post-COVID so we are a one car family.

It's crazy to think that if the Build Date had been half a day later I would not be dealing with this.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah absolutely. I had no way of knowing I was going to be getting a Build Date within a week. I was set with my dealer to go in TODAY to sign a PO agreeing to MSRP. My luck is also my curse here since the Build Date came in before I could do that. My wife has gone back to teaching post-COVID so we are a one car family.

It's crazy to think that if the Build Date had been half a day later I would not be dealing with this.
Post a screenshot of your scheduling notification email, with personal details and VIN redacted, so we can see what you’re seeing. That might help us give you better advice.
Sponsored