Sponsored

How do you get the dealer to honor price protection for 2023 price increases?

HtownDude

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseManQuatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
2023 Basequach 2 door just arrived and I need to take delivery. Dealer has applied model year change price protection from the certificates. But per Ford marketing, there are no certificates for protection for 2023 mid year price increases (02/10/2023 and one on 03/15/2023), and Ford will automatically send a check to the dealer within 45 days of vehicle being marked as delivered to customer. Dealer doesnt budge and I know I wont have any way of knowing when they get these, so they'll end up pocketing it. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have they showed you the certificates from SmartVincent or are you going off of what marketing has told you?

OP
OP
HtownDude

HtownDude

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseManQuatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have they showed you the certificates from SmartVincent or are you going off of what marketing has told you?
Ford doesnt issue certificates in Vincent for Feb and March 2023 prices increases, handles them directly w the dealer, which causes all this blunder..

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Normal way is to find a non-scummy dealer.

This isn't new. Ford has done the same thing for mid year price increases for decades. (except there is no check, it's all electronic billing)

Dealer is playing dumb, they know how this works. You can possibly get them to sign a contract that says they will reimburse you the difference after Ford re-invoices them. But even if they pay it, you still ended up paying a couple extra hundred bucks in sales tax.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yep, what @AZ_Liberty said, if they're not going to take if off the price then have them sign something stating they will refund any rebates/price protection once received.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford doesnt issue certificates in Vincent for Feb and March 2023 prices increases, handles them directly w the dealer, which causes all this blunder..
At this point I'd just make them admit they're keeping the $$ if you're sure that's how it will go down. Without a written pricing agreement at the time of order, you pretty much know what's going to happen.

JasonT23

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Contact a regional representative. I had this same problem on Friday 4/28 for my manual base 2 door Sasquatch. Granted, I have had a good relationship with my regional rep because of how terrible my dealership has been since I ordered it almost 3 years ago and they STILL tried to screw me last week. She called them and made sure they honored BOTH. Don’t give in. They are playing dumb. That’s all

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of related. I'm seeing more dealers selling broncos "for MSRP". The new MSRP with the mid year price increases allows them to pocket sometimes upwards of $6k due to the refunds they get for placing their orders before the mid year increase deadlines. And they know this

OP
OP
HtownDude

HtownDude

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BaseManQuatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer honored the signed purchase order from last year so automatically invoiced me on my original price before all the increases.. so everything went smooth!
Sponsored