Sponsored

Dealer: "ford probably won't honor price protection. Theyll lie to you " Are these guys lazy, shady or stupid?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Salesmen are the lowest rung of the ladder, just below the people who wash the cars, in regards to knowing what's going on.

While this information is old news for the 6G forum it's only now being disseminated out to the sales forces. And I also saw a note that Ford has yet to send out the specific wording they want the dealers to use.

Sure there are some salesmen who are proactive and information savvy.

But there are a lot that aren't. And they fall into that lazy, shady and stupid category.

I bet if you talk to the regional Ford Rep about this dealership they will just drop their head and try not to say anything incriminating.
Sponsored

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Snakes and ladders is how I would describe this situation

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like Laura Ford in Sullivan, MO.
They were the laziest buncha asshats I've ever dealt with.
All they could do is make shit up and then tell me they were too busy to deal with Ford to get anything straightened out.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also keep in mind that Ford has basically committed to building all the MY23 orders that they can as long as they have the parts. If you have any of the big3 constraints and drop them all you should have a 99% chance of getting scheduled.
Its yet to be determined how true that is. The allocation pull and closed books for a month are good, but we don't yet know what happens beyond that. Will books be reopened? Will timestamp take precedence throughout? Will dealer stock and new orders bump us all down again?

We'll see.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your info says Phoenix AZ. Pretty much all the dealers in town are dumb as a box of rocks.

Which box of rocks did you order with?

You said "smaller" so I am thinking maybe Horne, as those guys are extra dumb, more like an electrocuted box of rocks.

The one thing he got right is Ford will lie to you, or rather if you call the stupid Ford Marketing line, the folks there seem to simply make stuff up based on a dart board or Tarot Deck or...
Sponsored