Sponsored

How Good or Bad are the Base LED Headlights?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
As the title states, how are the base LED headlights for normal night driving?

I know that my halogen Jeep JK headlights were horrible and owners were pretty much forced to upgrade.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Plenty bright enough for me and I have bad night vision. I will say the lows aren’t as bright as the OEM LEDs in my former Gladiator. Not drastic but there’s a slight difference. But the highs are just as bright if not brighter.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're decent until you're in the boonies with no street lighting, then I wish they were a bit better. My BMW has lasers though so I'm a bit spoiled but I love the fact that no deer is going to sneak up on me.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They’re satisfactory, wish they had a little more spread out to the front corners, but nothing to complain about. I’m debating swapping the Signature LED headlights onto my BD, but probably won’t until I break the base ones

I purchased DD SS3’s and put them on my mirrors for when I want to be able to see everything

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d say they’d middle to poor for 2022. My 2019 VW had adaptive cornering lights in a lesser priced vehicle.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As headlights go, they’re pretty decent. A lot better than the halogens in my F150, that’s for damn sure.

The problem is, as others have mentioned, they only point straight ahead. There’s absolutely no light off to the side, so you can’t see where you’re turning at night, or what’s off to the side of the road.

But the good news is, it’s so easy to add accessory lighting and use your Aux switches to control them!

Just like @RC Bronco above, I installed some DD ditch lights on the A-pillars and pointed them about 45° to the side. I now have 180° of continuous light when I need it. It’s just as easy to add long-range spots of you need them…

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They’re satisfactory, wish they had a little more spread out to the front corners, but nothing to complain about. I’m debating swapping the Signature LED headlights onto my BD, but probably won’t until I break the base ones

I purchased DD SS3’s and put them on my mirrors for when I want to be able to see everything
Yeah the corners are my concern too. We drive to the mountains every other weekend and it's dark now and my BMW will light up a good 30' on the roadside to see into the forest and you barely get shoulder light in the Bronco.

ErectionGreen

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base

You know there are no difference between the road lighting from the base to the signature lighting, right? It's just the additional DRL on the signature lights.

I would agree with other people, they are a good base light. Not as good as BMW Audi adaptive lighting, but better than most domestic base truck halogen lighting.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know their are no difference between the road lighting from the base to the signature lighting, right? It's just the additional DRL on the signature lights.
I did not know that. I assumed they were higher output… mostly I prefer the look of them, but since you’ve said that, I’m not sure it’s worth the money

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Base has the brightest headlights of any vehicle I have ever owned.

They could stand to be adjusted upward a tiny bit. (the low beams)

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As the title states, how are the base LED headlights for normal night driving?

I know that my halogen Jeep JK headlights were horrible and owners were pretty much forced to upgrade.
I've had my Base since December, they are plenty bright enough no problems.

OP
OP
JBlanco

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is really good information, with my JK I went into the LED rabbit hole and replaced everything with LEDs.

I'm glad I don't have to do that with the Bronco.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I work nights, so I drive in the dark a lot. What I will say is they are better than the single light on my motorcycle.

To go down the highway, they are fine. If you are on a backroad at night with plenty of things to surprise you, they are lacking. So it depends what type of night driving you are concerned with.

Chirico

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I might be in the minority here.

Pretty bad for 2022 LED light (and very narrow). Even for city/ highway driving.
(I have pretty bad night vision though. But compared to my old 2018 Volvo, it is pretty terrible IMHO)

I installed 2 pairs of DD SS2's (white & yellow fogs) and they help a lot.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're decent until you're in the boonies with no street lighting, then I wish they were a bit better. My BMW has lasers though so I'm a bit spoiled but I love the fact that no deer is going to sneak up on me.
I live out in the sticks and until I changed shifts I was driving to work at night. I have had plenty of times where I saw deer and other critters along the side of the road. Yeah as many have said they could be better on the outward spread. I plan to add a set of Diode Dynamics Elite Series’s fogs to help with this.
Sponsored