Sponsored

How Good or Bad are the Base LED Headlights?

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They're decent enough.
If you're in the boonies you're going to use the brights anyway.
Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I though I would have to replace my lights as well with LEDs......Not the case. The stock light setup is great. I did add Pocket Fogs for off-roading though. and I use one of them as driving lights - But I have always liked having "yellow light" as part of my daily drive :)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're decent enough.
If you're in the boonies you're going to use the brights anyway.
Sure, but that’s not always that helpful on narrow mountain roads at night. For highway driving one could just use the headlights, but off road at night they are lacking. One should plan for options if night driving in remote areas.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
They work just fine. They are a bit narrow due to the placement in the vehicle. You can't have them point into the eyes of someone on the other side of the road. This is particularly noticeable in the sasquatch which feels wider than the lights even more.

But they are bright, and the auto high beams work well. I plan on adding good fog lights (selective yellow) and ditch lights for those times in the fog on an early morning or late night or driving on winding dirt roads.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I might be in the minority here.

Pretty bad for 2022 LED light (and very narrow). Even for city/ highway driving.
(I have pretty bad night vision though. But compared to my old 2018 Volvo, it is pretty terrible IMHO)

I installed 2 pairs of DD SS2's (white & yellow fogs) and they help a lot.
this is What I did but with Baja Designs SAE fogs and an S2 pro. Much better lighting spread and actual confidence on those 55+ backroads.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They work well for me. I do find they they don't work as well as the lights on the OBX Bronco Sport, and not as well as the adaptives on my old LR3. The LR3 had the best lights I've ever seen though, you could see forever and a week with them.
The lack of foglights will be addressed with the RC setup that I ordered. Thinking of adding some nice big driving lights at some point but even now I can see the dancing deer in plenty of time to dodge th hoof rats.
Sponsored