njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I the only one staring side eyed at Ford, asking myself why the simplest things are creating the biggest problems? As in, all the complex, intricate details that go into making a vehicle in 2021, and the solid piece of plastic that goes on top is the thing holding the whole process up…
This isn’t a complaint, so much as an amused observation. I mean, like:
Ford: Do you want a Bronco?
Me: Yes.
Ford: Do you want a vastly complex, state of the art, driveavle, off-road machine with wireless internet?
Ford: Cool, we’ll have it to you this year.
Me: Awesome, can I get a tow package?
Ford: 2025.
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one staring side eyed at Ford, asking myself why the simplest things are creating the biggest problems? As in, all the complex, intricate details that go into making a vehicle in 2021, and the solid piece of plastic that goes on top is the thing holding the whole process up…
This isn’t a complaint, so much as an amused observation. I mean, like:
Ford: Do you want a Bronco?
Ford: Do you want a vastly complex, state of the art, driveavle, off-road machine with wireless internet?
Ford: Cool, we’ll have it to you this year.
Me: Awesome, can I get a tow package?
Ford: 2025.
Not to rub any salt in wounds, but I have Tow package and got my scheduled email last week.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one staring side eyed at Ford, asking myself why the simplest things are creating the biggest problems?
you can say you're the only one. but there might be a handful of you. but it's probably because you don't know of the issues through the supply chain that could be causing issues or any other problems.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX with almost every possible constraint was built 8/5 and sitting at dirt mountain. So, it’s possible to get what you want if you’re prepared to wait for it and not fall for the ‘if you drop this and this and this’ you can get it sooner bs.

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sorry, I feel for all you guys waiting and understand I was lucky to get my Bronco early but really, didn't you expect some of this when you made your reservation?
When I made reservation right after watching Youtube on July 13 I knew what I was signing up for. I was not going to get this vehicle soon and there would likely be a couple quality issues. That's just the facts when you buy a brand new model. Add in the pandemic supply issue's then you have a perfect storm. I mean really, it took me 6 months to get a new dishwasher and I'm still waiting to buy the new Playstation almost a year later....something as complicated as a new vehicle is going to have issues this year.
Not trying to gang up on you though, hang in there! You will love your Bronco! We love our Outer Banks (w a tow package) everytime we get in it. 3300km's on it and I still go in the garage and just stare at it everyday. :)

Sponsored

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ramping a new product always has delays but from my perspective, besides putting pressure on Webasto, this one is out of Food hands. For better or worse, Webasto and Ford are both in it for the long run at this point. Neither of them have a choice but to delay, work to get this righ,t and ramp this darn thing.

OP
OP
njAK84

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sorry, I feel for all you guys waiting and understand I was lucky to get my Bronco early but really, didn't you expect some of this when you made your reservation?
When I made reservation right after watching Youtube on July 13 I knew what I was signing up for. I was not going to get this vehicle soon and there would likely be a couple quality issues. That's just the facts when you buy a brand new model. Add in the pandemic supply issue's then you have a perfect storm. I mean really, it took me 6 months to get a new dishwasher and I'm still waiting to buy the new Playstation almost a year later....something as complicated as a new vehicle is going to have issues this year.
Not trying to gang up on you though, hang in there! You will love your Bronco! We love our Outer Banks (w a tow package) everytime we get in it. 3300km's on it and I still go in the garage and just stare at it everyday. :)
Lol, yea, so, full disclosure…mine has already been built, and is on delivery. I was chatting with someone in another thread, however, and just started laughing at the fact that of all the things to hold up the production of such a sophisticated machine, the big chunk of plastic on top, or the metal chunk on the back… it’s funny.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX with almost every possible constraint was built 8/5 and sitting at dirt mountain. So, it’s possible to get what you want if you’re prepared to wait for it and not fall for the ‘if you drop this and this and this’ you can get it sooner bs.
LOL, yep, you and me both. I wanted what I wanted, and that was a 2 door Cabonized Gray OBX, 2.7, LUX, TOW, MIC with Roast Interior. It was built on the same day.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOL, yep, you and me both. I wanted what I wanted, and that was a 2 door Cabonized Gray OBX, 2.7, LUX, TOW, MIC with Roast Interior. It was built on the same day.
4 Door OBX, MIC, Cyber Orange, 2.7, LUX, Tow, roast/black interior, plus almost everything else but squatch (which I’m now kicking myself for not getting).

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tell us you’re excited to have your Bronco without telling us you’re excited to have your Bronco. What I got from this was your extremely happy!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4 Door OBX, MIC, Cyber Orange, 2.7, LUX, Tow, roast/black interior, plus almost everything else but squatch (which I’m now kicking myself for not getting).
Really not kicking myself for passing on the squatch... Don't get me wrong, it's solid value, but I am not likely to need a front locker (although I do want to investigate putting a torsen in the front), I didn't like the squatch wheels, and I know that I can put a manual sway bar disconnect in, should I want it.

Watch the video with Shelby and Mitchell Watts, and see what the Bronco can do without even having the lockers or sway bar disconnect engaged, it's pretty rad. Also, the reports I have seen about the Hitachi shocks and springs suggest that they are no slouches either... But just with less reserve when pushed hard due mostly to the external reservoir.

I already have different wheels and tires. If I change the suspension, I am going to ride height adjustable coil overs with adjustable dampening and rebound.
Sponsored