Sponsored

Can anyone explain how this is even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellzLikeYeti

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
  • Banned
I have been keeping track of a dealer near me. So far they have taken delivery of 3 Big Bends just like the one I have reserved. They have been built after mine but shipped and delivered before it. This dealer is also marking them up $20,000 over MSRP. Fucking disgraceful @Ford Motor Company. Here I sit waiting for my dealer literally an hour and a half away from this scumbag dealer to take delivery of mine...
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Welcome to the Bronco buying experience. Nearly everyone here has had some variant of the same exact experience!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been keeping track of a dealer near me. So far they have taken delivery of 3 Big Bends just like the one I have reserved. They have been built after mine but shipped and delivered before it. This dealer is also marking them up $20,000 over MSRP. Fucking disgraceful @Ford Motor Company. Here I sit waiting for my dealer literally an hour and a half away from this scumbag dealer to take delivery of mine...
Allocation > Commodities > Timestamp > Build > QC > Shipping > Delivery

I suspect your Bronco is hung up in QC, and the other dealer may have a higher allocation than your dealer, which may be rubbing salt in your wound, but may be unrelated to your specific vehicle.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, and unfortunately no one can, that's the issue. This has been a painful process to say the least.

Hope you get your car soon.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll explain yours when you explain why my soft top built 7/23 got hauled out to the dirt and is still not shipped while orders from the fall are delivered.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No QC, it has been released from the plant awaiting shipping. You are probably right about allocation and if that's the case, what a fucked up system.
Such wrong and misplaced anger. Allocation does NOT hold up shipping- if it's built, it has already become part of that dealer's allocation, and long before it was built. Why would Ford "hold back" their sale to any dealer? Not a chance. They want it shipped to get their money asap. These rants imply that Ford benefits from ADM, or some part of it, this is absolutely not true.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look at Paducahford.com. They have 15 Broncos for sale. At least 10 of them are green special order window stickers. How do they get these Trucks to sell. The dealer I got my Bronco from is honest. They have 0000000000 Broncos for sale. Only customer ordered Broncos at MSRP to the customer who ordered it. My dealer told me if they get a cancellation it will sell for MSRP on the sticker.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at Paducahford.com. They have 15 Broncos for sale. At least 10 of them are green special order window stickers. How do they get these Trucks to sell. The dealer I got my Bronco from is honest. They have 0000000000 Broncos for sale. Only customer ordered Broncos at MSRP to the customer who ordered it. My dealer told me if they get a cancellation it will sell for MSRP on the sticker.
That is how my dealer roles as well. All Broncos leave as fast as they come in.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Take a deep breath. You're farther along than most of us.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd check your order code and make sure they don't have it as a 99.
He's been built. It's probably on a QC hold.
(edit ... nope, cleared QC...awaiting shipping ... now that's curious)

...... and now you know how the Dirt Mountain Gang feels/felt.

Sucks.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Allocation has no role in this delay. Anything built is already part of the allocation. But even though you see it ready to ship, QC may actually be the reason.

It may also be availability of shipping. If Ford uses a different route to get vehicles to one dealership vs another, it could lead to a delay at one of those dealerships.

As for honest dealerships seemingly getting less broncos... no answer. My dealership was great to work with and they also have gotten very few broncos. Customer orders only, at msrp.

I'm curious how you know the other broncos were built before yours. Either way, there is light at the end of the tunnel. You can't be too far now. After I waited through dirt mountain, mine actually showed up 2 weeks earlier than it showed.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is anyone actually paying these ridiculous mark-ups? Local dealer has 2 door Sasquatch, msrp is $51k and asking $80k. For $80k I’m going to get something besides a 2 door Bronco. Quick search on autotrader and you will see absolute insane mark-ups.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.