Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People should go to a dealer, look at a Bronco Sport, look at the actual field photos online - there are TONS.
Dont pick a color by looking on the Ford Website renderings. Duh
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered cactus gray based on initial photos.....but then when B&P was updated with actual color, my GF and I went to see it IRL on a Ranger and decided it sucked and not what it looked like on the B&P. So I just let her pick the color which was CO......the last color I would pick! I'm going to hate it. I sure hope we stay together because I really don't like that color. I am going to be disappointed in the color regardless.
there's always wrap, just in case things don't work out 😁

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

IMG_8820.jpg
Show her these pictures. It is surprisingly close depending on the light. Notice how it goes from a blue hue in the sun to green in the shade. I saw CG at the dealer on a dreary day and it definitely was more to the greenish side.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...us-gray-with-doors-removed.13979/#post-509931

bem

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 dodge Durango r/t 19 jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After reading the forums for months and seeing the colors, I thought I had finally decided on the CG ( new BP color) for my WT. What a mistake, I was ready to pull my hair out I kept staring at CG trying to convince myself that this was the color I wanted. Called dealer last week went with Iconic silver, something about CG that doesn't work for me. Also Iconic-Silver is least ordered color according the Forum color chart and CG most ordered color.

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
I’m on cyber orange. I was behind an orange ranger a couple of days ago, and I thought it looked great. Def not yellow. Unless Ford has another orange, this confirmed the choice my wife and I made.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On the plus-side for criminals who own one of the indescribable colors (CG, CO, A51), kinda hard for an APB to properly describe the vehicle they're looking for when you're on the run...

"Be on the lookout for a greenish grayish bluish whitish Jeep"

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda like some guys look stupid with a mustache and some guys look stupid without a mustache. But you don't really know until you can see them both ways.
was friendly with this couple -

Her (year after year): "Shave off the beard"
Him: "Nah, I've had it my entire adult life."
Her: "C'mon, shave it, for me."
Him: "Alright" and shaves.
Her: "Grow it back, now..."

Him:
Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 1616108710842

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People should go to a dealer, look at a Bronco Sport, look at the actual field photos online - there are TONS.
So you ordered this:

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? Bronco Sport Area 51 3

But SURPRISE!!! This is what you get:

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? Area 51 Badlands Bronco Sport 1

(Or vice-versa)

The problem is those who don't live in major metro areas and only have a few Ford dealerships in range probably can't find any of the "questionable" colors to inspect because 1) their inventory is limited, and 2) their customer demographic wants white or black and that's all the dealership orders. And we know field photos are unreliable because your smartphone camera hasn't been white-balanced so good luck trusting user photos for color accuracy. Heck, we can't even trust Ford's own photos.

Again, I'm not saying there's any excuse for being surprised with what you get, only that it's going to happen. Probably a lot. Ford should have sent a set of painted gas cans to every dealership in the country while they were working out final production issues.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also Iconic-Silver is least ordered color according the Forum color chart and CG most ordered color.
Actually A51 is the most ordered color on here.

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? Area 51 Badlands Bronco Sport 1
Yep looks nothing like that.. more primer grey with a green tint in some lights

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is because of the lighting. Same in person.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually A51 is the most ordered color on here.
Funny that the top two colors being ordered are the two most likely to drop a truth bomb on the buyer at delivery time.
Sponsored