Sponsored

How much WHP from your tuned / modified 2.3?

FTW

Big Bend
First Name
Faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend 4 doors
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've done many upgrades on my 2.3L big bend, and my last dyno run I hit 319 HP and 403 torque , which is impressive without a tune.
"first run was incorrect"

76df60e2-0af8-403c-a56b-aff32969ee11.jpeg
Sponsored

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What octane gas?

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what have you done for the gains? that's pretty impressive without a tune

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the AFE momentum intake, mishimoto intercooler, catch can, extension kit, down pipe, xforce exhaust, and the afe scortcher, or at least thats what I remember.
Nice. I'm considering the scortcher but I'm a little nervous about it since it's not a tune with AFR tables. I'd like to see them do a dyno run with the AFR chart too.

I only have 3K on my bronco. I waited until I had 8K on my Ranger before the tune an stuff went in. It was a blast an the bronco feels slow after driving it. I think my first mod will be a pedal commander because I can't stand the lag, then a better air filter for the stock air box then maybe the scortcher.

My Livernois 93 tune in the ranger would smoke the tires in 4wd with the rear locker on if I have it some revs an launched it. It would sit an spin sometimes when I hammered it from a roll in 2wd daily driving it so I went down to the 89 tune for daily driving. I wish they'd offer a tune for the broncos.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FTW

FTW

Big Bend
First Name
Faisal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend 4 doors
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice. I'm considering the scortcher but I'm a little nervous about it since it's not a tune with AFR tables. I'd like to see them do a dyno run with the AFR chart too.

I only have 3K on my bronco. I waited until I had 8K on my Ranger before the tune an stuff went in. It was a blast an the bronco feels slow after driving it. I think my first mod will be a pedal commander because I can't stand the lag, then a better air filter for the stock air box then maybe the scortcher.

My Livernois 93 tune in the ranger would smoke the tires in 4wd with the rear locker on if I have it some revs an launched it. It would sit an spin sometimes when I hammered it from a roll in 2wd daily driving it so I went down to the 89 tune for daily driving. I wish they'd offer a tune for the broncos.
Im waiting on a turbo upgrade and a tune, it would be a monster

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the AFE momentum intake, mishimoto intercooler, catch can, extension kit, down pipe, xforce exhaust, and the afe scortcher, or at least thats what I remember.
So the dyno isn’t trustworthy and you’re not sure what’s on your own vehicle?

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your AFE Scorcher is a performance tune.
It's an interesting approach. It goes between the manifold pressure switch an another sensor an from what I understand it alters the manifold pressure to show less boost so the factory computer adds more. It looks to add about half the gain of the ford tune but it doesn't leave a footprint on the ecu so it won't affect the warranty but you have to remove it before warranty work.

Sponsored

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So the dyno isn’t trustworthy and you’re not sure what’s on your own vehicle?
All dynos results vary. I've seen the same vehicle vary from dyno brand to brand. Sometimes I wonder if companies tweak the numbers for better peak numbers to sell product.

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All dynos results vary. I've seen the same vehicle vary from dyno brand to brand. Sometimes I wonder if companies tweak the numbers for better peak numbers to sell product.
Well, yeah. You can’t compare results from different dynos. Even the same dyno on a different day will vary. The first run it made 470 tq. on the same dyno.

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It would be interesting to see other combos an results for those of us thinking of making a few mods to see if it's worth it an what delivers. In the ranger world several places do tuning with major differences in results an drivability. From what I'm finding the only options for the bronco as of now are the scortcher type piggyback and the ford performance tune. Shifting is a major concern in the rangers too. The 10r80 can be harsh an really lag the motor, I'm not seeing that with the bronco. I notice the rpm's are low but it doesn't feel sluggish.