First Name
oldguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, I been debating the auto but have always had a stick in my off-road rig. I can just put the thing in low when going down hill and it's slow enough to not have to use brakes to keep is slow on many trails....Rubicon, Moab, Rocky Mountains etc. I remember many a person who would put the auto in reverse when going downhill as it helped to keep it slow and minimize riding the brakes as much. I watched a few of the videos and it sure looks like there be a lot of braking action going on while heading downhill on some of the obstacles that in my rig I would just put in low and mosey on down without touching brakes. So what advantage is the g.o.a.t going to give me over the manual or compared to a regular auto tranny? Keep the foot off the brake and keep the foot off the clutch.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who cares? Get the manual and drive. Who wants to push a button and let the computer do stuff?

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I been debating the auto but have always had a stick in my off-road rig. I can just put the thing in low when going down hill and it's slow enough to not have to use brakes to keep is slow on many trails....Rubicon, Moab, Rocky Mountains etc. I remember many a person who would put the auto in reverse when going downhill as it helped to keep it slow and minimize riding the brakes as much. I watched a few of the videos and it sure looks like there be a lot of braking action going on while heading downhill on some of the obstacles that in my rig I would just put in low and mosey on down without touching brakes. So what advantage is the g.o.a.t going to give me over the manual or compared to a regular auto tranny? Keep the foot off the brake and keep the foot off the clutch.
Put it in 4WL and the 10 speed auto in 1st. Should crawl down hill nice and slow.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put it in 4WL and the 10 speed auto in 1st. Should crawl down hill nice and slow.
I agree depending which transfer case you get and axle gears. The 10spd allows you to have manual selection & should lock out the shifting. This is the reason I am not sweating the Auto in the Bronco. That was a problem with the Auto XJ's is that the low range trans didn't allow you to lock in 1st gear so those guys were always on the brakes. People use to comment that I never use my brakes, didn't have to at 80:1 :cool:
Sponsored