Sponsored

How to confirm reservation date after order placed?

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
So i've been going around with my (very small, I'm 1/2 allocation) dealer. I had a 7/15 reservation and converted my order back in Feb. Never received confirmation and finally figured out that my dealer missed connecting my reservation w/ my order. To remedy, they created another order, then tried canceling it, which ultimately canceled my 7/15 reservation.

So they work with their dealer rep, ask me to create a replacement reservation and they worked to update my reservation timestamp to 7/15. I took a screenshot on ford.com when the reservation was updated and then had them tie my order back to this 7/15 reservation.. and took another screenshot. I can no longer view the reservation timestamp to confirm the date.

So i called ford customer service last week to determine when/how I could get the $100 back from my original reservation. The woman politely told me I had to get it from my dealer, as the $100 went direct to them. ok, fine. So I also ask her to confirm the timestamp on my new order and she tells me it's 2/14 vs. 7/15.

So my dealer is again 'looking into it'.. which usually consists of emailing their rep.

Who am i to believe? I have a ford.com screenshot showing my replacement reservation has a 7/15 timestamp. But the ford rep says that it wasn't updated on their side? Seems if I don't fix this before 3/20, i'm risking falling into MY22.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is way above even my pay grade.

šŸ˜¬

All I can say is that from my understanding, all these unique timestamp edits are done by hand in a master database... probably time consuming and done by only a handful of trusted people...

And additionally, everyone should remember that the Ford reps donā€™t always have the ability to see much more than we do... theyā€™re just going off whatā€™s on their screen, and if itā€™s a fringe case, Iā€™d take things they say with a grain of salt. (Their primary job is to answer questions for people who donā€™t know how to navigate a website... or connect them with a different department)

Once you start getting a personal contact and calls from a specific Ford contact, thatā€™s when Iā€™d start being more trusting about what theyā€™re saying

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least you've got something. I haven't been able to get into my My Ford account for a couple of weeks.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have my salesmans cell # and I can text or call him anytime.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have my salesmans cell # and I can text or call him anytime.
Yep, same. The catch is that it's a small town dealer and hence my 'tech' issues. They emailed their rep, who seemed to get the ford.com reservation reverted back to 7/15. So I'm pretty sure they're taking action.. just a little bothered that the ford rep didn't recognize my revised reservation date despite me getting a screenshot of it being updated.

I suspect that the ford rep couldn't see anything more than me.. and the ford.com reservation date holds true.. just wish there was more transparency in this incredibly convoluted process.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, same. The catch is that it's a small town dealer and hence my 'tech' issues. They emailed their rep, who seemed to get the ford.com reservation reverted back to 7/15. So I'm pretty sure they're taking action.. just a little bothered that the ford rep didn't recognize my revised reservation date despite me getting a screenshot of it being updated.

I suspect that the ford rep couldn't see anything more than me.. and the ford.com reservation date holds true.. just wish there was more transparency in this incredibly convoluted process.
That would bother me too. By this time next year, we will all have a whole different outlook...hopefully! and lot's of miles on the Broncos.

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is way above even my pay grade.

šŸ˜¬

All I can say is that from my understanding, all these unique timestamp edits are done by hand in a master database... probably time consuming and done by only a handful of trusted people...

And additionally, everyone should remember that the Ford reps donā€™t always have the ability to see much more than we do... theyā€™re just going off whatā€™s on their screen, and if itā€™s a fringe case, Iā€™d take things they say with a grain of salt. (Their primary job is to answer questions for people who donā€™t know how to navigate a website... or connect them with a different department)

Once you start getting a personal contact and calls from a specific Ford contact, thatā€™s when Iā€™d start being more trusting about what theyā€™re saying
That was my experience. Ford manually updated my reservation information. When they finally did, about a week after my dealer reached out to their Ford rep, my reservation on the Ford site was updated and reflected an order.

It makes sense that it was all manual and by hand - the stock image showed the original red wildtrack even though I ended up ordering a dark badlands...

Last thought - for those that the website shows correctly, there's a way to go I and view all the hidden code on that site. It details every single option you selected selected you placed your order. I was able to independently verify every option that I made with the dealer was actually attached to my reservation and order. Pretty awesome, but it took some digging into the HTML or CSS or whatever code they're using...

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So i've been going around with my (very small, I'm 1/2 allocation) dealer. I had a 7/15 reservation and converted my order back in Feb. Never received confirmation and finally figured out that my dealer missed connecting my reservation w/ my order. To remedy, they created another order, then tried canceling it, which ultimately canceled my 7/15 reservation.

So they work with their dealer rep, ask me to create a replacement reservation and they worked to update my reservation timestamp to 7/15. I took a screenshot on ford.com when the reservation was updated and then had them tie my order back to this 7/15 reservation.. and took another screenshot. I can no longer view the reservation timestamp to confirm the date.

So i called ford customer service last week to determine when/how I could get the $100 back from my original reservation. The woman politely told me I had to get it from my dealer, as the $100 went direct to them. ok, fine. So I also ask her to confirm the timestamp on my new order and she tells me it's 2/14 vs. 7/15.

So my dealer is again 'looking into it'.. which usually consists of emailing their rep.

Who am i to believe? I have a ford.com screenshot showing my replacement reservation has a 7/15 timestamp. But the ford rep says that it wasn't updated on their side? Seems if I don't fix this before 3/20, i'm risking falling into MY22.
I think you're right. I'd call Ford directly. I don't know the #, but others have posted it on this site - search the forums. From my experience, Ford will tell you straight.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was my experience. Ford manually updated my reservation information. When they finally did, about a week after my dealer reached out to their Ford rep, my reservation on the Ford site was updated and reflected an order.

It makes sense that it was all manual and by hand - the stock image showed the original red wildtrack even though I ended up ordering a dark badlands...

Last thought - for those that the website shows correctly, there's a way to go I and view all the hidden code on that site. It details every single option you selected selected you placed your order. I was able to independently verify every option that I made with the dealer was actually attached to my reservation and order. Pretty awesome, but it took some digging into the HTML or CSS or whatever code they're using...
HOLY CRAP YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!

This is really great info and would help assuage some fears for people who are worried or didn't get a build sheet from their dealer:

Ford Bronco How to confirm reservation date after order placed? Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 15.05.56

If you aren't going to do it, I'm going to make a new thread about this.

Sponsored

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HOLY CRAP YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!

This is really great info and would help assuage some fears for people who are worried or didn't get a build sheet from their dealer:

Ford Bronco How to confirm reservation date after order placed? Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 15.05.56

If you aren't going to do it, I'm going to make a new thread about this.
Go for it brother- I'm mowing the yard and drinking beer. Cheers

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave you top credit in that thread.

First drink is on me.

;)
Sounds good man. I'm sure all us diehards will cross paths at some point- can't wait for the massive party we're all gunna throw. I'm hoping it puts burning man to shame. I used to go to the Moab 24-hr bike race - I'm sure many Bronconites (Bronconians?) will want to do a weekend offroad party. I've got vacation; plus working temote anyway- just need the Bronco and the event. Game on...

OP
OP

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're right. I'd call Ford directly. I don't know the #, but others have posted it on this site - search the forums. From my experience, Ford will tell you straight.
I think you ultimately answered my question with your HTML tip. thanks!

1. 0: {code: "10661106", totalPrice: {currencyIso: "USD", value: 100, formattedValue: "$100.00"},ā€¦}
    1. cartCheckoutCompleted: false
    2. channel: "INSTORE"
    3. code: "1066XXXX"
    4. created: "2020-07-15T12:22:46+0000"
    5. entries: [{product: {code: "spec-100000381453", catalogId: "WANAB-TG1-2021-Bronco",ā€¦},ā€¦}]
    6. isInvalidColor: false
    7. orderConfirmedDate: "2021-02-18T15:23:12+0000"
    8. orderType: "Order"
    9. purchaseData: {}
    10. readyToPurchase: false
    11. status: "ORDERED"
    12. statusDisplay: "processing"

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you ultimately answered my question with your HTML tip. thanks!

1. 0: {code: "10661106", totalPrice: {currencyIso: "USD", value: 100, formattedValue: "$100.00"},ā€¦}
    1. cartCheckoutCompleted: false
    2. channel: "INSTORE"
    3. code: "1066XXXX"
    4. created: "2020-07-15T12:22:46+0000"
    5. entries: [{product: {code: "spec-100000381453", catalogId: "WANAB-TG1-2021-Bronco",ā€¦},ā€¦}]
    6. isInvalidColor: false
    7. orderConfirmedDate: "2021-02-18T15:23:12+0000"
    8. orderType: "Order"
    9. purchaseData: {}
    10. readyToPurchase: false
    11. status: "ORDERED"
    12. statusDisplay: "processing"
NP, glad it worked out! We all gotta work together here - Ford isn't being very helpful...
Sponsored