Sponsored

How to verify confirmed order is tied to reservation?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya, I agree. But anyone can make a reservation, even now, it's just the prioritization will be different - right?

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it. But when I went in to make my order, the dealer said he called several people but only a couple got back to him. I have no idea what happens then - I haven't seen anything that says our reservations expire, but if you want to get a 2021, you'd need to get in this round...
Reservations do not expire. As soon as you place your order (convert your reservation) you are placed in the queue to be built... scheduling appears to be happening in quarterly chunks, so the cut off for this first 3 months of production is this month.

If you convert after that date you'll be inserted into the build sequence according to your timestamp, with the caveat that you wont be scheduled until the next production scheduling block.

Because timestamps trump all, anyone with an earlier timestamp will always be ahead in line to be built compared to a person with a later timestamp. You could conceivably get "bumped" later by another person with an earlier reservation converting after you... but the thing to remember is that they were always ahead of you anyway.

If you make a reservation today, you'll just have today as your timestamp.
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Once your dealer puts in your order they can print a Dora or order confirmation. This should be given to you immediately. If your dealer won't give you one, you are with the wrong dealer. There shouldn't be any question regarding whether or not your order is tied to your reservation, or if it is the order you placed with the dealer or not.

I don't understand how this keeps coming up, as if you are with a reputable dealer and you know what your doing this shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sorry for those of you having unnecessary issues ordering your vehicles.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once your dealer puts in your order they can print a Dora or order confirmation. This should be given to you immediately. If your dealer won't give you one, you are with the wrong dealer. There shouldn't be any question regarding whether or not your order is tied to your reservation, or if it is the order you placed with the dealer or not.

I don't understand how this keeps coming up, as if you are with a reputable dealer and you know what your doing this shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sorry for those of you having unnecessary issues ordering your vehicles.
Going back to the start of this thread, I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet....

THIS.

This is what you need to get from your dealer. It is exactly what they entered into the system and has your priority code on it. (note this is the "preview" they supplied me, then when I "ok'd" it, they submitted it to the system... and that's when I received my confirmation email, and my Ford.com profile updated from Reservation to In-Store Order .... )

Ford Bronco How to verify confirmed order is tied to reservation? Order Summary Screen Shot Redacted

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a response from my Sales Person. He was able to do a screenshot of my Order showing the real Order Number, my Reservation Number, the build details and the Status (which was 19). Mine is from Southwest Ford near Weatherford, TX. Kevin Barbour is the sales rep's name. He is a very nice guy and really goes out of his way, even on his day off, to help me. Called me from his cell phone.

SOOO, it looks like even with the order being put correctly AND being associated with my Reservation Number, the Ford site still says "Contact Dealer". I wonder when I will see it directly on the Ford website. Still excited...
Assumption... If there are no issues and it is showing order date and number, the "Contact Dealer" is a direct link to address any questions or issues with incorrect order information. I have the same link on my reservation now order page. If I select the link it comes back with dealer address/phone so I would not have to look it up.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reservation number became my order number in the confirmation email from Ford. Results may vary from user to user. (y)

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going back to the start of this thread, I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet....

THIS.

This is what you need to get from your dealer. It is exactly what they entered into the system and has your priority code on it. (note this is the "preview" they supplied me, then when I "ok'd" it, they submitted it to the system... and that's when I received my confirmation email, and my Ford.com profile updated from Reservation to In-Store Order .... )

Ford Bronco How to verify confirmed order is tied to reservation? Order Summary Screen Shot Redacted
Notice that doesn't have your reservation number on it.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My reservation was for a Badlands. I ended up ordering a Wildtrak. My Ford confirmation is for the Wildtrak I ordered. My Ford account says I in store ordered a Badlands.

Not too concerned. My WBDO is clearly for a Wildtrak

ElephantPrime

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reservation number became my order number in the confirmation email from Ford. Results may vary from user to user. (y)
Can someone please share a screenshot of what the order number (aka reservation number) in the order confirmation email is supposed to look like? I have an order confirmation email, but I don't see the order number anywhere in it.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope.

But my reservation in my ford account turned into an order in my ford account... and shares the same number. I'm confident they are linked.
My dealer and I submitted my 2 door Badlands order Saturday morning. From that session I've got the same "Preview Order" print out shown in Zack's earlier post. I approved that verbally, the dealer submitted it which resulted in an immediate confirmation email from Ford that matched what the dealer and I agreed to.

However, my online account still shows an "In Store Order" submitted Jan. 20 for a 4 door Outerbanks and that order number matches the original reservation number. (My dealer converted my original reservation for an Outerbanks to an order on Jan. 20 after he and I talked and I agreed to the price. Both he and I knew I'd ultimately order something different.)

Neither the "Preview Order" document nor the confirmation email have a number that's similar to my original reservation/order number that's on my online account.

The only thing that makes me nervous is my online account still shows that original model and the Jan. 20 date, rather than a 2 door Badlands with an updated order date of March 6.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer and I submitted my 2 door Badlands order Saturday morning. From that session I've got the same "Preview Order" print out shown in Zack's earlier post. I approved that verbally, the dealer submitted it which resulted in an immediate confirmation email from Ford that matched what the dealer and I agreed to.

However, my online account still shows an "In Store Order" submitted Jan. 20 for a 4 door Outerbanks and that order number matches the original reservation number. (My dealer converted my original reservation for an Outerbanks to an order on Jan. 20 after he and I talked and I agreed to the price. Both he and I knew I'd ultimately order something different.)

Neither the "Preview Order" document nor the confirmation email have a number that's similar to my original reservation/order number that's on my online account.

The only thing that makes me nervous is my online account still shows that original model and date.
It's a known issue that when people order something other than what their original reservation was for, the Ford.com profile continues to reflect the reservation details, not the order details. The order system and the system that handles the Ford.com profile are disparate, so information is not always reliably exchanged between the two.

There was talk of a system update/refresh that would correct this, but I'm not sure where Ford is at on that.

Like you said, the Preview Order is the gold standard.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's says "Contact Dealer" to mean "Click Here If You Wish To Contact Your Dealer"... clicking on it is just designed to bring up the contact information for the dealer your reservation is with. Everyone's page says that.

It's not meant to imply that you need to contact your dealer... (although in your case it kind of did). ;)

Here is what my sales rep sent showing that the Order is at status 19, I see the Order Number and I see that it is assigned to my Reservation Number:
Ford Bronco How to verify confirmed order is tied to reservation? Bronco2

Here is what the Ford site STILL shows:
Ford Bronco How to verify confirmed order is tied to reservation? Bronco1

I don't have anything for Pre-Approval Certificate.

OP
OP
BroncoRob_Reignited

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope.

But my reservation in my ford account turned into an order in my ford account... and shares the same number. I'm confident they are linked.
Yep - thats the missing link between us (reservation holders), dealer, and Ford. Once the proper links in the various systems have been made, then your online reservation will update to show it as an order. Your order # will then be the same as your reservation #.

So for those in which this isn't happening (like it was for me) that could mean they aren't going to be prioritized appropriately. The Ford website is the only thing I've seen that explicitly links my order to my reservation and the only thing that gives me confidence that my specific reservation # is directly tied to the order at the dealership.

OP
OP
BroncoRob_Reignited

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope.

Yep - thats the only way I've been able to verify my reservation is tied to the order.

OP
OP
BroncoRob_Reignited

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what my sales rep sent showing that the Order is at status 19, I see the Order Number and I see that it is assigned to my Reservation Number:

Here is what the Ford site STILL shows:

I don't have anything for Pre-Approval Certificate.
Okay - looks good. When I logged into my reservation, it originally said I still needed to place an order. After contacting the dealer, my reservation screen looks the same as yours - although thr stock photo doesn't match, I'm not too worried about that as I am the fact that it says I placed an in store order...
Sponsored