Sponsored

If you changed your order, you may want to verify!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the dealership this morning for warranty work on my wife's Escape. While there I asked the sales manager to add the Mid package to my Bronco order. The only good thing about this giant wait is that it has given me time to save up my pennies and buy more features than I originally intended on buying.

Back in November I had the sales manager add a few items to my order--the storage bags and they keyless entry pad. Much to my and my sales manager's surprise... those items I had added were NOT on my order today when he pulled it up. And we have literally have no idea why.

I am almost positive that the sales manager updated my order correctly back in November. My father was a Ford employee, and I previously worked a dealership so I am relatively familiar with WBDO and how it works (though far from an expert). Both of the options were on the WBDO printout that I signed, and I saw the sales manager update my order and save it correctly (afaik) back in November, as I was physically standing over his shoulder while he made the updates. But for some reason... it was not on my order, and we have no idea why.

In my case it would not have really mattered, both of those options I added in November can easily be bought & installed after delivery. But I would hate to have someone upgrade their order to have leather seats, Sasquatch package, or Mid/High/Lux package and have it arrive without those options because Ford's ordering system is a mess. So if you have changed your order, it may be worth talking to your dealer verifying the changes went through and were actually made.

Old WBDO sheet I signed in November, vs the new one today. (I removed the keyless entry pad since Mid package has intelligent access.)
Ford Bronco If you changed your order, you may want to verify! ordersummary_old
Ford Bronco If you changed your order, you may want to verify! ordersummary_new
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the bigger options, Ford's confirmation email and the backdoor reservation page should show what Ford thinks the order is.

Although on my reservation page, my original order (including 2.3L engine) shows up under "Vehicle Details", whereas my changed order (including 2.7L engine) shows up under "Configuration Summary". The rock stars always have to plant that seed of doubt.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the bigger options, Ford's confirmation email and the backdoor reservation page should show what Ford thinks the order is.
backdoor reservation page for me shows a base model with 2.3L. My original reservation was 2.7L Black Diamond and current order is 2.7L Outer Banks. I have no doubt I'm getting the wrong thing at this point.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder what Ford considers the "bigger" options. I imagine trim changes will generate an email, but wonder if a package change will do it.

Guess I'll keep my eye out.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder what Ford considers the "bigger" options. I imagine trim changes will generate an email, but wonder if a package change will do it.

Guess I'll keep my eye out.
Good question. I don't know if they send a second "order confirmation" email even if you change trims. I'm talking about the email they sent for the MY22 reorder.

The backdoor reservation page is pretty detailed, but as I indicated it seems less than 100% trustworthy. It boggles my mind why Ford would bother keeping any of the outdated options tied to my name in a database.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... it took a good 5-6 hours, but the backdoor link is now updated with the options I picked earlier today.

Shockingly... everything on the backdoor page is now correct--first time ever the backdoor link has actually showed everything correctly for me. Even the rendering of the Bronco is correct.

Now that I know the backdoor page is actually capable of showing correct information... pretty sure @malt_liqueur guess may be right, and he'll be getting a Base 2.3L Bronco. Enjoy? ;)

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This raises a concern I've had for a few months. Does Ford even know what we ordered ?

In scheduling weeks are they skipping over reservations because they can't decipher all the confusion in their system ?

Most reservations people have made a few changes in their builds. And now our Ford.com accounts are shambles of bad info. My WBDO build sheet lists everything correctly. But the backdoor link at Ford.com account shows all kinds of crazy mis-info which changes from week to week, w no changes by me.
From an outsiders perspective it seems like the online Ford.com system is a completely separate system from Ford's internal ordering system. I have no proof of that, just my gut guess based on working in IT for the past 15 years dealing with applications that are a disjointed mess of old legacy systems with new systems layered on top.

If that's the case, it would explain why the online Ford.com website and the backdoor link is (was?) always inaccurate. They likely have data sync jobs between the internal system and the external facing website, and early versions of this data sync process didn't transfer all the information over. Now that I've updated my order, it triggered the sync job again, and maybe I got the new version of the sync process that does transfer all the information? Maybe?

I dunno, hard to say. I think if the internal Ford ordering system was completely inaccurate then we'd be seeing a lot more reports of people getting incorrect builds. I probably--hopefully--just ran into a fluke, or maybe both I and my dealer missed the all-important "save" button. But the customer-facing system definitely needs some work.
Sponsored