First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Buried in the dozens of pages about the infamous Ford change-your-order-or-else email/ announcement was some discussion about Ford providing all of the allocation modeling for the balance of '23 to the dealers. I apologize that I can't find the original poster to give credit but I can confirm that my dealer has actually been provided their dealership's "balance out" projection based on trim, allocations and constraints for orders that have not yet been scheduled.

Now- everyone take this with a huge grain of salt as I'm providing a single data point but it does corroborate with what some others have found as well. Last week, my dealer said they got those projections from Ford and barring more mishandling by Ford (which seems likely), they ran their models and found that they should be able to fulfill all outstanding orders they have in '23. My understanding is they have less than 30 orders remaining (including mine) to be scheduled and have been getting healthy allocations each month.

I'm only surfacing this for anyone who missed it in the avalanche of responses to the big threads about this over the last three weeks. Again, this may be subterfuge but providing it for what it's worth.
I spoke to my dealership last week. They said they have 7 Wild Trak's allocation and I was one of the 7. This dealership was unable to tell me anything the last 18 months regarding allocations. I feel comfortable that they know what their allocations per trim that they have available. They didn't ask me to change a single thing. Hopefully I get picked up this year, but I have a little hope.....
Sponsored

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I talked with my sales guy after the announcement last month, he said he was unable to see where Iw as in line or his allocations. :(

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My dealer with my WT order was unwilling or incapable of providing any of this info. He repeatedly stated all he had was a total order count (that meant nothing) and no allocation or constraint info. Really wish I had gone with a more informed dealership interested in helping their customers.

Sasquatch_SOF

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer wouldn't take my phone calls while my Bronco was in transit by rail (I'll document at the appropriate time). I'm glad to hear there are some transparent dealers out there that are able to provide insight as to your prospects of getting your desired build for MY23 without dropping options. I wish you all luck in getting scheduled soon.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have an October 2020 reservation and 2 or 3 orders. I can’t remember. Nor do I care. I don’t won’t a bronco anymore - The treatment by ford has been ridiculous. I can’t give them my money after this debacle. I’ll cancel at some point. But I want to hang on and see how long it’s going to take before I get to the build stage.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an October 2020 reservation and 2 or 3 orders. I can’t remember. Nor do I care. I don’t won’t a bronco anymore - The treatment by ford has been ridiculous. I can’t give them my money after this debacle. I’ll cancel at some point. But I want to hang on and see how long it’s going to take before I get to the build stage.
Cancel and get out of line and let other early reservation holders get their Broncos. If you wait until the build date then you just reward the dealers with a Broncos they shouldn't have been able to get that they can now rack up ADM on.

Last edited:

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cancel and get out of line and let other early reservation holders get their Broncos. If you wait until the build date then you just reward the dealers with a Broncos they shouldn't have been able to get that they can now rack up ADM on.
Will do.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As Kevin suggested, you might as well cancel. The benefit to you is that you can get your $100 back for how many reservations/orders you placed. Once scheduled, you won't get that $100 back and the vehicle will still be built. Which will deny someone else that allocation and reward the dealer with a Bronco to sell. If I recall, you were a Grange-tober reservation holder?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As Kevin suggested, you might as well cancel. The benefit to you is that you can get your $100 back for how many reservations/orders you placed. Once scheduled, you won't get that $100 back and the vehicle will still be built. Which will deny someone else that allocation and reward the dealer with a Bronco to sell. If I recall, you were a Grange-tober reservation holder?
Thanks - yes I was a Grange-tober res. First I had a July 20 res with another dealer. Then transferred to Granger because the first dealer wouldn't hold to a price. Then grabbed a Grange-tober res and canceled the July res. Granger has been very good to me. It's just that I can't wait any longer - and I like my "tide me over" 2021 Wrangler.

It was so easy for me to buy my last 2 F-150's. Walk into a dealership and drive out with one a couple hours later. I can't live with the Bronco drama any longer.

I hope you and the group here enjoy your Broncos. Maybe someday I'll get one.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks - yes I was a Grange-sober res. First I had a July 20 res with another dealer. Then transferred to Granger because the first dealer wouldn't hold to a price. Granger has been very good to me. It's just that I can't wait any longer - and I like my "tide me over" 2021 Wrangler.

It was so easy for me to buy my last 2 F-150's. Walk into a dealership and drive out with one a couple hours later. I can't live with the Bronco drama any longer.

I get it. You certainly have gained the benefit of knowledge knowing the intricacy of Bronco build spec's, shortcomings and advantages. I would leverage that knowledge to keep an eye on what hits used lots. Many owners are knew to this type of build and after the luster of owning the Bronco diminishes, the shortcomings will be more pronounced and they will move on to the next vehicle. You'll be able to leverage that knowledge gained and be able to identify a worthy build spec that suits your needs.

If you never find your way into a Bronco, I hope to see you out on the trails in whatever you drive. Good luck.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get it. You certainly have gained the benefit of knowledge knowing the intricacy of Bronco build spec's, shortcomings and advantages. I would leverage that knowledge to keep an eye on what hits used lots. Many owners are knew to this type of build and after the luster of owning the Bronco diminishes, the shortcomings will be more pronounced and they will move on to the next vehicle. You'll be able to leverage that knowledge gained and be able to identify a worthy build spec that suits your needs.

If you never find your way into a Bronco, I hope to see you out on the trails in whatever you drive. Good luck.
Thank you. Yes I think I have the Bronco figured out at least in my mind. And will keep an eye out for one.

Hope to see you and other Bronco-ites out on the trails.

I will still come here to see what is happening in the bronco world just to keep abreast on Bronco news in case I need one in the future.

Enjoy your Bronco!

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks - yes I was a Grange-tober res. First I had a July 20 res with another dealer. Then transferred to Granger because the first dealer wouldn't hold to a price. Then grabbed a Grange-tober res and canceled the July res. Granger has been very good to me. It's just that I can't wait any longer - and I like my "tide me over" 2021 Wrangler.

I wouldn't feel bad giving Granger extra Broncos to sell but selfishly I want one of their limited allocations for myself 🙂

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you. Yes I think I have the Bronco figured out at least in my mind. And will keep an eye out for one.

Hope to see you and other Bronco-ites out on the trails.

I will still come here to see what is happening in the bronco world just to keep abreast on Bronco news in case I need one in the future.

Enjoy your Bronco!
I have an October Granger reservation too and was scheduled a couple weeks ago when they got 112 orders scheduled. Base, SAS, MIC, 2.7L

Between the Granger October discount and price protection, I'm going to pay $6000 under MSRP. You should get a similar discount on your order. Seems odd you wouldn't want it at that price?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have an October Granger reservation too and was scheduled a couple weeks ago when they got 112 orders scheduled. Base, SAS, MIC, 2.7L

Between the Granger October discount and price protection, I'm going to pay $6000 under MSRP. You should get a similar discount on your order. Seems odd you wouldn't want it at that price?
Believe me I've thought about it for months. I would definitely hold out for the Grange-tober Bronco if I hadn't bought my "tide me over" Jeep in 2021 that I'm still happy with. I had to buy the Jeep in 2021 - couldn't wait any longer for the Bronco. I held on to the Bronco reservation and order in the event that I became unhappy with the Wrangler. But I haven't.

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer didn't come out and say it, but I get the feeling they know that I won't get scheduled this year. I'm a reservation holder that pulled the trigger late in the order process, but was assured by the dealer that it wouldn't be an issue because they were a top 50 dealer. (Shame on me.) Dealer said, (drink), that it would take 9-12 months. I'm passed that for sure and by no means have a right to be as pissed as some early orders. . . .but I still had a very early reservation which I know means crap now. In the meantime my dealer has received numerous builds just like mine with $20k ADM attached while I don't get a VIN. Most of the issue is Ford's fault, but damn, dealers suck. As someone who works for another OEM and spoken with many of my counterparts at Ford, GM, and other OEMs, the consensus is unanimous. . . . OEMs can't stand dealers either.
Sponsored