Sponsored

If you're a dealer.. please stop doing this!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always tell the dealers, "No dealer logos/stickers/decals/badges, etc. on the car. If there's one on the car already, remove it. Unless you want to discuss an advertising fee payable to me. I don't care if you put a license plate frame on." I don't mind the frame, because I can easily take it off when I'm putting my own personal frame on.

In my pre-delivery inspection, if I see a sticker (only happened once), I tell them to remove it before I will sign and take delivery. They said it would be easy for me to remove if I wanted. "No, that's OK, you guys can do it."

I'm not sure why dealers think this is OK to do. I suppose it's OK if I come put a sticker for my business on their front door?

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. Nobody wants dealer badging on their car, get that crap outta here.
Well maybe some people that are getting there bronco from Granger would be proud to have there name on there Bronco.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1613407135063.png

WHYYYYYYY!!?? Just use the plate for fck sake.

1613407288697.png
Several of the vehicles I bought have had some type of dealer stamp usually on the back of the car just above the bumper as in these photos. They've always been black or dark silver and blended into the car and didnt notice on the day of purchase lol

Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't ask the dealer to remove that stuff because the last thing I want is to wait another hour while a 16 year old armed with a screwdriver pries the dealer badges off in the detail shop.

I'll do it at home, thanks.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A simple request and - any dealer I have ever dealt with - all stickers are gone in minutes.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't ask the dealer to remove that stuff because the last thing I want is to wait another hour while a 16 year old armed with a screwdriver pries the dealer badges off in the detail shop.

I'll do it at home, thanks.
I'll ask them to not stick anything on. If they do I just take it off at home. I trust myself more than the kid in a rush to take it off.

I don't understand making a "you gonna pay me to advertise?" stink if a sticker is on there already. If you're a tool about it on the first sale the dealer may remember that for the next sale. Make your deal, smile, take the keys, and peel that shitty sticker off at home.

My last new purchase the dealer was more than happy to not stick anything on.

One of the dealers near me puts the big window banner sticker, bumper sticker, and plate on. I dont know why people don't pull that crap off.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1613407135063.png

WHYYYYYYY!!?? Just use the plate for fck sake.

1613407288697.png
I'm just as bothered that Ford bolted the Ford emblem on to the Bronco. Not only bolted it on but embedded it. I really wanted to de-badge it and jut leave the Bronco emblem on the back but now I'm stuck with it.

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't care if you put a license plate frame on." I don't mind the frame, because I can easily take it off when I'm putting my own personal frame on.
Back in the late 90s, my buddy's dad brought his shiny red C4 Corvette convertible in for service to the dealer he purchased it from. He was very proud of his sports car. He came from nothing and worked hard to become reasonably successful. He only drove the car on the weekend, and only when the weather was perfect. It was all original. Always waxed, always clean, always babied.

The dealer had changed ownership and its name had changed along with it shortly before he brought it in. They removed and discarded the original dealer's license plate frame and replaced it with their own without asking him or telling him. He only noticed the swap a week or two later when he was washing the car. By then his original plate frame was long gone. He was absolutely livid, and never brought the Corvette back to that dealer, and never purchased another vehicle from them again.

His reaction may have been a little extreme but I can't say I blame him.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure you can ask a dealer not to adorn your Bronco with their signs, but when it comes down to it, how many of you will walk away? They want your Bronco as bad as you do.
I’ll ask them to leave them off, but if they don’t, I’ll just take it home and do it myself.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well maybe some people that are getting there bronco from Granger would be proud to have there name on there Bronco.
Oh I'm definitely sporting my "Got It At Granger" sticker. Although I want to chose sticker placement. It'll be like a badge when another B6G member sees my bronco, they'll know... They'll know...

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Make them remove the stuff and clean it. No reason you should have to.
You would be amazed how easy it is here in Texas with a little bit of fishing string and nice 100 degree August day.
Sponsored