Sponsored

Has your dealer asked if you want to cancel your order?

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received this e-mail today. I have a $2,500 deposit at this dealer. Deposit goes towards purchase or is refunded if the Bronco is not delivered in 1 year. I don't expect the Bronco to be delivered in the year timeframe. Are they playing dirty tricks to get more vehicles to sell with ADM?

Hello - I'm ***, an inventory manager here at **** Ford in ***. We appreciate your vehicle order and your patience as we navigate this incredibly difficult time. Covid-19, chip shortages, labor shortages and global supply chain issues have certainly created challenges for vehicle manufactures.

Ford has asked us to reach out to all of our order holders to re-confirm your commitment to take delivery.
If your situation has changed and you are no longer able to take delivery of the vehicle you ordered, please let us know. You'll get a full refund of your deposit. By informing us of your intended cancellation, we will be able to clear crucial space on the supply line.

If you are still committed to your vehicle order, please know that Ford and everyone here at *** Ford are doing everything we can to get your vehicle to you as soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your business and your understanding as we go through this process.
If you need to cancel your order or have any other questions, please feel free to email me here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alex Sector

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

man i hope you have a purchase agreement in place. they are looking to jack this order. ford would never ask a customer to stop buying product..
Figured as much. I have a signed agreement for MSRP.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He really wants you to cancel...that way he can get an unallocated vehicle to sell way over msrp. Just mind boggling how the reservation system keeps failing.

Sponsored

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Seems reasonable to me. Of course they would love to have you bail and they would make more money. But, then the last paragraph they said:

" please know that Ford and everyone here at *** Ford are doing everything we can to get your vehicle to you as soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your business and your understanding as we go through this process."

So if you don't want out, they still want you to know they value your business. I don't see anything wrong with that.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems reasonable to me. Of course they would love to have you bail and they would make more money. But, then the last paragraph they said:

" please know that Ford and everyone here at *** Ford are doing everything we can to get your vehicle to you as soon as possible. We greatly appreciate your business and your understanding as we go through this process."

So if you don't want out, they still want you to know they value your business. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Except ford isn't asking dealers to reach out. Scummy.

OP
OP
Alex Sector

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except ford isn't asking dealers to reach out. Scummy.
This is why I asked. Seems suspicious but wanted to see if anyone else received a message like this.

I do not trust this dealer and will never do business with them again. The only reason I went there is due to high volume.

I inquired about several models last year - F-250, F-150, Tremor, Raptor, etc. They had a mark-up of $10K-$20K for new customers, but only $5K+ for returning customers. Sales suggested I buy something off the lot/incoming to hold me over then I would only pay the smaller markup when my order came in... so I can save money. :ROFLMAO:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yeah but then they followed that up with another offer to cancel the order....

"If you need to cancel your order or have any other questions, please feel free to email me here."

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figured as much. I have a signed agreement for MSRP.
Was that a purchase agreement you signed or a sales order? Big difference between the two. A purchase order gives you legal strength, a signed sales order gives you nothing, sadly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alex Sector

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was that a purchase agreement you signed or a sales order? Big difference between the two. A purchase order gives you legal strength, a signed sales order gives you nothing, sadly.
I have a sheet with the price, fees and estimated taxes. I know others who have ordered through this dealer and have not had issues when taking delivery. If I do have any issues I will walk.

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I received this e-mail today. I have a $2,500 deposit at this dealer. Deposit goes towards purchase or is refunded if the Bronco is not delivered in 1 year. I don't expect the Bronco to be delivered in the year timeframe. Are they playing dirty tricks to get more vehicles to sell with ADM?
It might have something to do with Ford cracking down on the policy that the ordered vehicle is delivered to the person it was ordered for and not placed on the lot and marked up.

wiingnut

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F-350 , '19 Mustang GT , '22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would send an email back to the dealer stating that you want to keep your order. Then in the next sentence tell the dealer your forwarding this email to a good friend at The Glass House, because you can’t believe that Ford corporate would want to cancel any vehicle orders.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would send an email back to the dealer stating that you want to keep your order. Then in the next sentence tell the dealer your forwarding this email to a good friend at The Glass House, because you can’t believe that Ford corporate would want to cancel any vehicle orders.
do this lol

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There was an article in the last few weeks discussing that Ford was working with dealers to figure out which orders had been abandoned and which were ones customers intended to move forward with. It is part of Ford's efforts to clear the backlog. Sounds like this could be part of that efffort.
Sponsored